• 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
LATI: Simple Program to Help Genetic Research
(02-21-2021, 08:58 AM)Ziairi Wrote: Would it be possible to indicate creature generation in LATI? I'm trying to figure out if it would be easier for me to keep multiple copies of LATI to keep them separate, or if I should just check that when I breed the creatures...

As of now, not really. The consideration is that if I add it, it would mean extra input for the users and it has many steps already (being the code, the gender, and the genetic string). I will propose a way to use it to seperate generations and will update the first post later, but what you can do is you make multiple copies of LATI (and format.txt and the empty "creatures" folder) and put them in different folders, such as folder named "1G", "2G", and so on. At least, that's how I'm doing it as I don't plan to make non-EG breeding anytime soon.

As the old Creature Notes have been removed, so has its capabilities reworked, searching creatures by code and name has been removed but a lot has been added to it. Feature 3 would've been discontinued but I kept it in as it may still be useful for people who want to check their breedings quick and through offline means. The key change here is that the Genetic String is now on a creature's view page, and it has commas, thus the way you can add them to LATI has been changed slightly.

LATI version 8 will be available soon for Windows and Linux, as well as updated format.txt to support Avka Felos and Muska Felos as well.
Sorry for the long wait for the updates!
Saltanta! <3
I have updated the programs in Windows now!
Saltanta! <3
Bug: Using feature "51" multiadd creatures not adding the correct genetics. Fixed.
Feature "51" and "52" tries to read "input.txt" when the file does not exist. Fixed as well.

The filename would still be the same and still version 0_8.
Saltanta! <3
Apologies, it seems there was a typo error in format.txt. As a result, the genetics of Felos are not correct >.<
The format file have now been fixed, as well as adding Ranblekos into the selection!

To LATI users, if you have added Felos before, you may have to re-add them back into the program. Sorry for the inconvenience!
Saltanta! <3
Small update, format.txt file has been updated to support the new Ebena Kurantos! From the predictor, it seems that there are only a few specific genes that show the characteristics, while the rest don't show. Good luck finding and breeding for them!
Saltanta! <3
Small update in LATI to support hybrid pairs, previously hybrids are thought to only be possible for same familia(?), until the crossbreeding of Inkuba Brulajo and Songa Kriento. This has been updated to support any possible hybrid pairs.

Also updated format.txt, as always, will include the 3 new creatures once their lab notes are unlocked. Future updates on format.txt will not need a new post
Saltanta! <3
How do I format input.txt for the multi-add creatures function? The instructions in the help command were confusing to me. I've tried a few different ways. Some ways it throws an error, other ways it seems like it's working and just says it's reached the end of the list. But when I go to check the file for the species, it's completely empty. Can somebody give me an example of the correct way to format it?
[Image: AflId3.png][Image: DYP4p3.png]
(01-27-2022, 08:18 PM)Namira Wrote: How do I format input.txt for the multi-add creatures function? The instructions in the help command were confusing to me. I've tried a few different ways. Some ways it throws an error, other ways it seems like it's working and just says it's reached the end of the list. But when I go to check the file for the species, it's completely empty. Can somebody give me an example of the correct way to format it?

Ah, hello! I didn't think anyone would use it so I was lazy to update the program for a while, but recently I made a bug in the newest update where it fails to recognize some species. I will update that in a few hours after this post is made.

I'll try to make the multi-add function much clearer, these are the guidelines to keep in mind:
-first line is the full name of the species on lowercase, seperated by underscore. Some examples:
saltanta
brila_ornamo
limaka_cevalo

starting from the second line and so on, this is the main structure:
[creature code] [creature genetics] [gender]
-creature code is the 5-letter code, usually on the webpage link if your creature is named
-creature genetics is the whole genetics part of a creature. Triple-clicking the genetics part on the creature's view page should let you easily select them all for copy and paste.
-gender is either M or F.

Example file content in input.txt to multi-add (just one) Saltanta:

saltanta
gyoSI Genetics: Body:AABb, Mane:Aabb, Marking:AaBB, Horn:AaBB M

*one thing to note is the spacing is strict: there should be only one space between each section, and no extra space at the end of the line.

I'll try to add all of that to LATI's Help page somehow. Thank you for letting me know, and sorry for the late response! I hope the app helps you ^^

Edit: as for the format.txt, the file that came recently is still the newest and correct version. If you haven't downloaded the newest format.txt file, I suggest you do. But you can try to figure out how it works and format it yourself if you wish XD
Saltanta! <3
With Etarakido lab notes unlocked, the format.txt file has been updated so you can add them into LATI now

Edit: there was an error for Lanuga Vizago's entry, this has been fixed. If you have added Lanuga Vizagos through multi-add function, you may have to add them all again.
Saltanta! <3
Attention: There is a bug in the Duplicate Genetics Check module (command 7) where for genes with three pairs of letters (AaBbCc) if you use partial exclusion, such as ----**, the last 2 characters won't be considered for exclusion. A patched version has been uploaded to Linux folder, if anyone is using LATI in Windows, do let me know!
Saltanta! <3