• 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
LATI: Simple Program to Help Genetic Research
Update: format.txt has been updated to support Limaka Cevalo genetics. Now you no longer have to open the Sample Files folder to get it, you can find them in both Windows and Linux folders to avoid confusion.
Saltanta! <3
Update: version 6 of LATI is now out!
What's new?

+Feature 4 and 6 (and 7) now allows you to use asterisks (the * symbol) as wildcards! Inspired from the Capsule Sequencer and the fact that Suna Hundo's Tux only shows when the gene is cc (it would be troublesome to check for all Tux genes AABBcc, AABbcc, AAbbcc, ... and so on.)

+New feature, Chaos levels! The numbers mean how chaotic its offsprings would be when combined with its mate's chaos levels. One heterozygous letter pair (unmatched letter pair such as Aa) = one chaos level. There's a neat formula to this:

Possible offspring combos = 2^(chaos level + mate's chaos level).
(^ is the exponential or power symbol.)

Note that this may not be entirely true, for example, crossing Aa and Aa produces 3 variations. This is because it counts AA, Aa, aA, aa but aA is the same as Aa (and hence, Aa has double the chances compared to other variations).

+Added percentage threshold (feature 4). Now you can select a quite large number so that all those painful 0.01% chance pairs don't show up XD

+Code restructuring so that it's prepared for AaBbCcDd genetics (who knows!)

If there are any bugs or suggestions for this new version, let me know!
Saltanta! <3
Update: format.txt has been updated. You can now add the 5 new species into the program!
Saltanta! <3
There was an error in feature 7 where excluding the genes when checking for duplicate genetics doesn't work. The program has been updated now.
Saltanta! <3
Update: format.txt has been updated to support Vira Bekos!

It seems that the Cimo variant is not based on genes, and thus, not considered to be added into LATI, unless it's somewhat important in other aspects of lab management. Suggested workaround is to use Tags to mark Vira Bekos with Cimos.
Saltanta! <3
Now that there are two Alsalto variants (the day has finally come), what seems better? Should I just make the winter variant ALSALTO_G and the regular one ALSALTO, or should I add an extra option in LATI where after entering alsalto, you are asked to choose whether you mean the normal variant or the winter (glacial) one?
Saltanta! <3
As of now, a (quite big for me) update has happened for LATI! Here are some among the many features added and changed:
+Added multi-adding. Lesser repetitive work of adding stuff in. (If you know how to use it)
-Removed zero-search restriction. In case you want to view all your creatures.
~Changed how format.txt works. Unfortunately people who do use LATI may have to rename files (I can also make a rename program if necessary).
+New mechanics: Subspecies and Hybrids! When entering a species that has multiple subspecies, it will also ask the first name. Desired genetics searching can be chosen between standard or hybrid mode.
+Added Saved Pairs support! You can save pairs. Additionally, you can filter creatures with saved pairs from creature search and breeding pair search.
~Some code rewriting.

I have not extensively tested this to be bug-free, so hopefully someone who does use it as often as I do may provide the necessary feedback!

As a supplement, I have added a program called "rename_files" which will rename the old file names in the "creatures" folder into the new names, if manual renaming is too much effort. You can find it in the respective folders for use.

And yes, format.txt now supports adding of Frida Fisistos and Alsaltos!
Saltanta! <3
Attention: I forgot to update the Windows format.txt file >.<
It has been updated now!

I have also created a program called rename_files if you want to have the filenames in the creatures folder renamed automatically to be usable with the newest version of LATI.
Saltanta! <3
Update: Fixed an error for multiadding. If anyone has used it and successfully added creatures, there may be errors.
Fixed a few search features when pairs.txt file is empty.

The program has been updated!
Saltanta! <3
Would it be possible to indicate creature generation in LATI? I'm trying to figure out if it would be easier for me to keep multiple copies of LATI to keep them separate, or if I should just check that when I breed the creatures...