• 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
LATI: Simple Program to Help Genetic Research
The programs have been reworked and now made available to public! You can view the programs here! Sample files can be downloaded here! (You need the format.txt from the Sample files for the programs, except Inbred Checker, to run.)

The first two programs are mostly utilities to help in manual management, so it is not necessary valuable. However, I do recommend checking out the third program, LATI, as I have attempted to make it user-friendly and quite useful for breeding plans and projects.

Basic requirements:

Prepare a "creatures" folder on the same folder as the LATI program. Afterwards, it can be run immediately.

Prepare a "files" folder on the same folder as the Genetic String Converter program. Afterwards, run it through the Command Prompt (you can click on the folder's address bar, type "cmd" and hit Enter to run Command Prompt there.)

Prepare a "pedigree" folder on the same folder as the Inbred Checker program. Use Command Prompt, same as above.
Saltanta! <3
There was a good amount of bugs for LATI, I have updated the executable program to fix those bugs now.

You may have to delete the contents of the creatures folder and start over. Or, you can:
open the textfiles in the creatures folder and replace all Tab spaces (the space that happens when you press the Tab key) or "\t" with a normal space (one press of spacebar).
Saltanta! <3
Update: there was another critical bug in LATI, due to the handling of newlines in textfiles. It's fixed now!
Saltanta! <3
Update: someome gave a feedback that inputting the male first then the female would be confusing for feature 3 of LATI, so I made one more update so that it requires you to enter the female first, then the male.

I think most of the things have been fixed/adjusted, further additions and changed will be made on a newer version of the program. Have fun! :D
Saltanta! <3
Update: format.txt has been updated to add the newly unlocked Floranta Doloro!
Saltanta! <3
Update: things will be edited and added on based on suggestions. The first suggestion has been implemented into the newest version of LATI (version 5). The current change is:

On the Desired Genetics Search feature, now it seperates the possible chances into Good, Low, and Very Low.

Details:
Good chance are those with chances of 100%, 50% and 25%.
Low chance are those with chances of 12.5%, 6.25% and 3.125%.
The rest are considered to be Very Low.

I hope it will be useful :D

(Also I forgot to add in the version 4 that whatever results LATI shows is saved in a textfile called "results.txt" so you can copy the text)
Saltanta! <3
[Image: Screenshot_from_2020-07-27_12-13-56.png]

I usually suggest referring to the gene colors and variations from LATI results to my other project which is the Species Database, but some of the feedback I have is access to the database itself. I am thinking of alternate solutions to it, and I plan to implement them while I still have not the motivation to make a GUI for LATI (Virida has created a quite nice GUI for breeding results in Java).

For now, I think of supplying these images in the Sample Files folder so that people can download and look at it to get an idea what the colors should roughly be. Example above is a color reference table for Cielarka Cimos. Alongside that, I plan on adding a second image for each species that includes the actual creatures instead of just color representations. What do y'all think? Let me know!

Edit: If people would need these to use LATI effectively, I'll create one color reference table for each species. Actual images, as well as references for Floranta Doloro and Senfina Krizo, will be added once I have reworked my database.
Saltanta! <3
Update: format.txt has been edited to enable the adding of Senfina Krizo :D

Also another update on version 5 of LATI, new feature!
[Image: Screenshot_from_2020-08-08_12-29-28.png]

This new feature allows you to check whether the creatures you have added have any similar genes among them, or even the exact same genes. I personally find this useful if I want to take the route of a collector XD Have fun!
Saltanta! <3
Update: Checking a creature's genes using feature 5 no longer requires you to remember the gender, only the species and code required.
For feature 6, you can now search through both genders for duplicate genes. Just type the symbol - (hypen) when it asks whether you are going to search through Male creatures only.
Saltanta! <3
Update: format.txt has been updated to include Kronos, now you can add Arbara Kronos into LATI.
Also, you may have to update to the newest version by redownloading lati_0_5.exe for Krono adding to work. I did not expect a whopping 8 genetic variations >.>
Saltanta! <3