• 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
LATI: Simple Program to Help Genetic Research
Even though you still have to manually add the creatures, dustpuppy, I think I'm satisfied with this :O

[Image: Screenshot_from_2020-06-11_02-11-53.png]

Edit: tested it with my 1G Saltantas and I now know the chance of me getting the Saltanta I want is low lol
[Image: Screenshot_from_2020-06-11_04-13-38.png]

Thanks to dustpuppy, now there are 3 tools available in this thread XD
Saltanta! <3
Those look great, are you sharing them anywhere?

I whipped up an extremely simple and dirty "matchmaker" that finds any perfect matches (pairs that can produce all combinations). No warranties or guarantees or anything. [link removed until I have time to make it into something useful]

(06-10-2020, 08:00 PM)BlueLatios Wrote: I'm using C++
Although Python is easier and much more convenient, for what reason I can't seem to figure out, I just like using C++ XD

I agree it is weird to go from a "proper" language to the dizzying chaos of scripting. I'm quite partial to PHP though.
We’re playing together / And it’s going well / And maybe we’ll go back / To cryosleep, who can tell?
I guess there is no one to blame / We’re splicing genes (splicing genes) / Will things ever be the same again?
It’s the final outpost / Da da daaa daaa / Da da da da daaa / The final outpost.

[Image: 0vgPQ3.png] * [Image: 202485.png][Image: 1019930.png] * [Image: 1AzEq3.png] * [Image: CCTml3.png] * [Image: MiqGl3.png] * [Image: FPIOg3.png]
(06-11-2020, 03:36 PM)dustpuppy Wrote: Those look great, are you sharing them anywhere?
I should've put it in my github, actually. But I rarely use it even though it's fantastic, because I'm not making large-scale stuff.
If there's more people who'd be interested, I'll share the Google Drive folder here, but for now, I can PM you the files for Linux (or Windows if you use that instead), as well as the source code if you want :o

That site, I have a hint on how it works XD

PHP is not so bad, but it's also one of my first web scripting/programming languages too, haha. Python is definitely awesome though and most of my work is done in python, though for exploring and just random things, I still use C++ (or C, I sometimes find myself using <string.h> instead of <cstring> lol)
Saltanta! <3
(06-11-2020, 04:19 PM)BlueLatios Wrote: If there's more people who'd be interested, I'll share the Google Drive folder here, but for now, I can PM you the files for Linux (or Windows if you use that instead), as well as the source code if you want :o

For Linux please! And I'd also love to look at the code although I've only dabbled in C++ a teeny tinly little bit a long time ago so not really my area of expertise... :blush:
Btw. what compiler are you using?
We’re playing together / And it’s going well / And maybe we’ll go back / To cryosleep, who can tell?
I guess there is no one to blame / We’re splicing genes (splicing genes) / Will things ever be the same again?
It’s the final outpost / Da da daaa daaa / Da da da da daaa / The final outpost.

[Image: 0vgPQ3.png] * [Image: 202485.png][Image: 1019930.png] * [Image: 1AzEq3.png] * [Image: CCTml3.png] * [Image: MiqGl3.png] * [Image: FPIOg3.png]
(06-11-2020, 04:47 PM)dustpuppy Wrote: Btw. what compiler are you using?

I think I did try to install MinGW, but I'm not sure if I remember correctly. A run of --version gave me this:

Quote:g++ (Ubuntu 7.5.0-3ubuntu1~18.04) 7.5.0

And sure, let me send over the programs as well as the source codes for them via PM! :D
I think I'll find the genes one useful for myself in the future if I want to obtain specific genes from my lab creatures XD
Saltanta! <3
I have 0 coding knowledge or programs, but is there any way I can use that offspring program?
[Image: rosxx.png][Image: bH7X9.png][Image: ApMlC.png][Image: 6igK5.png][Image: prsqJ.png][Image: NkZbc.png]
(06-12-2020, 03:00 PM)OreoTheRabbit Wrote: I have 0 coding knowledge or programs, but is there any way I can use that offspring program?

Sure, later I'll PM you a link to the programs. The genetic offspring one require no programming knowledge, the inbred checker and the genetics string converter one require little Command Prompt knowledge and instructions on usage. If you're looking to use the other two, let me know if I should make a simple user interface for it :o
Saltanta! <3
Ah dang there was an error in the genetics program.
Fixed and updated it now, just to let some people know
Saltanta! <3
Any chance you could link me these too? (Apologies if the link is in the thread somewhere and I just overlooked it)
I'm in the process of reworking the programs too, but sure :o
I'll put the link on the first post when the rework is done!
Saltanta! <3