• 4 Vote(s) - 4.75 Average
TFO Peer Review Click Site
Hello! Just wanted to report an issue that both me and a friend are having where we enter our Lab name to submit creatures but our creatures don't load. It allows us to (Un)Select All and Submit, but it's unclear if any selection is happening since there's nothing to select. My most recent caps that I tried to add don't appear to be getting views so I think they were not added. We've been having this issue for a full 24 hours as of now. I have confirmed that I'm spelling my username correctly, my cookie settings are as directed by the guide, and I did a hard refresh a few times. The rest of the site works beautifully (clicking creatures and such), it's just loading the Lab and adding creatures.

Here is a screenshot of what this looks like:

[Image: Capture.png]

Thank you for making this site, I'm new to the game and it's been really great!
(10-24-2023, 02:30 PM)Coelacanis Wrote: Hello! Just wanted to report an issue that both me and a friend are having where we enter our Lab name to submit creatures but our creatures don't load. It allows us to (Un)Select All and Submit, but it's unclear if any selection is happening since there's nothing to select. My most recent caps that I tried to add don't appear to be getting views so I think they were not added. We've been having this issue for a full 24 hours as of now. I have confirmed that I'm spelling my username correctly, my cookie settings are as directed by the guide, and I did a hard refresh a few times. The rest of the site works beautifully (clicking creatures and such), it's just loading the Lab and adding creatures.

It looks like you're running into this bug. I can't tell which creature this is for, all of your creatures seem to have short-ish names from what I can visually see in your lab, but the error message definitely says "Data too long for column 'name'".

Edit: Tested a bit with my own lab. The problem seems to be the apostrophes. Peer Review thinks they're six characters long (because that's how the TFO API reports them - as "& #039;" (without the space)), so the naming format you're using is adding ten invisible characters and putting the site over its name character limit. (TFO shouldn't be reporting the apostrophe that way, though. I might try to fix that in the API.)

Edit II: Tried to fix that in the TFO API, see no effect on the site. I don't know what the code of this fan site looks like, so it's hard to guess where the issue is being introduced (e.g. which TFO API is even being used, honestly). Sorry I can't help more.
pinkgothic @ schlaugh | The Final Outpost
I am the right person to complain to about NEMO's Ark (The Final Outpost clicksite)
Typically available in #dataclaw on irc.darkmyst.org (as Dread, Valcen or Taika{Work})
[ pronouns: ve/vis/ver - but not picky, use what you like! ]
[Image: hKUxm3.png]
(10-24-2023, 07:47 PM)pinkgothic Wrote:
(10-24-2023, 02:30 PM)Coelacanis Wrote: Hello! Just wanted to report an issue that both me and a friend are having where we enter our Lab name to submit creatures but our creatures don't load. It allows us to (Un)Select All and Submit, but it's unclear if any selection is happening since there's nothing to select. My most recent caps that I tried to add don't appear to be getting views so I think they were not added. We've been having this issue for a full 24 hours as of now. I have confirmed that I'm spelling my username correctly, my cookie settings are as directed by the guide, and I did a hard refresh a few times. The rest of the site works beautifully (clicking creatures and such), it's just loading the Lab and adding creatures.

It looks like you're running into this bug. I can't tell which creature this is for, all of your creatures seem to have short-ish names from what I can visually see in your lab, but the error message definitely says "Data too long for column 'name'".

Edit: Tested a bit with my own lab. The problem seems to be the apostrophes. Peer Review thinks they're six characters long (because that's how the TFO API reports them - as "& #039;" (without the space)), so the naming format you're using is adding ten invisible characters and putting the site over its name character limit. (TFO shouldn't be reporting the apostrophe that way, though. I might try to fix that in the API.)

Thank you so much for the response! I just removed the apostrophes from my creatures' names and it works now. I appreciate the help!!
Turns out Peer Review's been on GitHub all this time. :) I've filed a pull request to potentially fix the name bug(s).
I am the right person to complain to about NEMO's Ark (The Final Outpost clicksite)
Typically available in #dataclaw on irc.darkmyst.org (as Dread, Valcen or Taika{Work})
What an excellent resource. Thanks for sharing!
HALitosis / it/its, they/them / multiple
writer & roleplayer
[Image: VKtC6.gif][Image: loB2T.gif]
Unfortunately, this site seems to be down. I keep getting time out errors.
[Image: dragon-tattoo.jpg]  [Image: 1vzRx2.png]
(01-02-2024, 04:59 PM)DragonShadow Wrote: Unfortunately, this site seems to be down. I keep getting time out errors.

Are you still having issues, or was it a temporary problem? The site's loading okay for me, hence the question. If it's not a temporary problem, it might be worth sharing a traceroute, figure out where the connection is failing.
(01-02-2024, 05:32 PM)pinkgothic Wrote:
(01-02-2024, 04:59 PM)DragonShadow Wrote: Unfortunately, this site seems to be down. I keep getting time out errors.

Are you still having issues, or was it a temporary problem? The site's loading okay for me, hence the question. If it's not a temporary problem, it might be worth sharing a traceroute, figure out where the connection is failing.
Thanks, pinkgothic, I appreciate the response. The site seems to be working fine now and the issue has been resolved.  :)
[Image: dragon-tattoo.jpg]  [Image: 1vzRx2.png]
Is it me or is the site down right now? I keep getting errors that the site took too long to respond.
(02-02-2024, 07:58 PM)Kiritora Wrote: Is it me or is the site down right now? I keep getting errors that the site took too long to respond.
Good/Bad news it ain't just you, the site just ain't loading