• 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Show off your Deer!
Has anyone found any female deer in black/white/gold/red/ or any other lighter colors/shades? I only seem to see dark colored stripped females or dark chocolates/chocolate and white sprinkles etc. Haven't seen many color shade variety in the females, am wondering if that is intended or a bug or just really rare to find? idk
[Image: 0g6bq1.png][Image: 6yFqR1.png][Image: KnDxV1.png][Image: 6a1Q01.png][Image: cdetu1.png][Image: RfVmI1.png]
(09-09-2020, 08:32 AM)Danafox Wrote: Has anyone found any female deer in black/white/gold/red/ or any other lighter colors/shades? I only seem to see dark colored stripped females or dark chocolates/chocolate and white sprinkles etc. Haven't seen many color shade variety in the females, am wondering if that is intended or a bug or just really rare to find? idk

I expect it's intentional. I do see some colour variation, it just looks like it's more muted. D4k4U is "red" (like PaYQu), xNyB2 is "black" (like saDIO), 5toSg is "yellow" (like ncCeC) or possibly "white", p39vk is "orange" (like SsbqM), et cetera. Given the strong dimorphism, this makes sense - the females of this species have better camouflage, the males of this species are brighter to attract mates?

We'll know more once the Lab Notes are unlocked, of course (should be soon? Corteo mentioned two weeks - it's been longer than that, but not by much), then we can investigate the genomes. :D
pinkgothic @ schlaugh | The Final Outpost
I am the right person to complain to about NEMO's Ark (The Final Outpost clicksite)
Typically available in #dataclaw on irc.darkmyst.org (as Dread, Valcen or Taika{Work})
[ pronouns: ve/vis/ver - but not picky, use what you like! ]
[Image: hKUxm3.png]
I love the idea of a real dimorphism between femals/males (not just another pose) as it does happen in nature. So I am really curious to see the genomes soon.
[Image: 324VK.png]  Visit my Lab!     Looking for a creature with the partical code PMR  [Image: 8m9tW.png] Buying Sciuros for 50g!
[Image: mzNec.png]
very white deer
[Image: YpxH8.gif]
Away
A very different shade for the female that I saved from shelter!

[Image: E4XRe.png]

Pretty males that I've caught/one was a gift (strawberry boi)

[Image: gNowI.png][Image: UFfMq.png][Image: zXZQB.png][Image: qfIhp.png][Image: ckUli.png][Image: SPYVu.png][Image: iwH2t.png][Image: wxsPk.png][Image: VcTFS.png][Image: 24NRj.png]

first bred baby who grew up
[Image: SsbqM.png]
[Image: 0g6bq1.png][Image: 6yFqR1.png][Image: KnDxV1.png][Image: 6a1Q01.png][Image: cdetu1.png][Image: RfVmI1.png]
My new golden boi
[Image: gSlrR.png]
First genners (I grabbed as many as I could to see how many antler types there were, still don't think I've seen them all)

[Image: ludhv.png][Image: CG5yt.png][Image: Sov5t.png][Image: ERLql.png][Image: 9MaTw.png][Image: WqgTP.png][Image: sJtgl.png][Image: xPViu.png][Image: 6QBnK.png][Image: rzfER.png]

And ones I bred

[Image: k3vZS.png][Image: ip6rV.png][Image: LQT3B.png]
A pretty white boy
[Image: UtUfg.png]