• 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Breeding Genetics /Appearance Predictor with GUI
(07-29-2020, 10:21 AM)Virida Wrote:
(07-29-2020, 04:26 AM)Danafox Wrote: I have a question, would it be possible to be able to create a website that has everything coded and that can allow people to just add their codes of their pets and then do a preview to see what are the possible color combos etc that they can breed?

Basically my line of thinking is that of Flight Rising's gene predictor, it shows you what the genes look like (for when you mod your dragons) but also shows possibilities for the babies color range.

I'm just curious if it would be possible to setup a website that way folks don't have to download any programs at all (not everyone understands these things after all).

Sorry if I'm asking for too much...

If a program that has instructions gets made, I'll try it out as soon as it's available =)

I am in the same boat as BlueLatios, I can program but I am not good with websites. That´s sadly a related but not entirely overlapping skillset.

I think (hope?) eventually such features will be part of the actual game, like with Flightrising. In the mean time I see it as a fun project where I can try some things coding-wise that I wanted to try out anyway with the added benefit that it is sort-of useful for this game.
My PredictOMat is pretty easy to use and has some instructions inside, so you might want to give it a try. If you need further help I am always happy to provide further instructions and help :)

I am currently working on a "predict appearance" part for it, that basically works like Flightrising´s "predict morphology" feature. It´s also tied in the breeding prediction part, so you just click on one of the results and it gets added to the preview. Currently it only works for Cimos and Jellies but I might just upload it anyway so people can give it a try :)
[Image: PredictOMatMorphology.png]

That's very cool! Yeah I'll try it for sure, are you hopefully adding all the other creatures into it slowly but surely right?
[Image: 0g6bq1.png][Image: 6yFqR1.png][Image: KnDxV1.png][Image: 6a1Q01.png][Image: cdetu1.png][Image: RfVmI1.png]
(07-30-2020, 05:11 AM)Danafox Wrote: That's very cool! Yeah I'll try it for sure, are you hopefully adding all the other creatures into it slowly but surely right?

That is the plan yes! Not sure it will work for the Fluganta Rato because of their weird wings but I am making good progress for the other species. By now I have the Cielarka Cimo, Saltanta, Floranta Doloro, Suna Hundo, Monta Selo, Senvida Naganto, Kosmira Girafo and Stranga Sciuro complete :)
Aww, the JAR files gives me an "invalid or corrupt" error message. I usually don't do this but my Windows OS is currently broken so, may you send me a private message of the source/object code that I can compile and run for Linux?
Also, visualizing :o that would be useful, yes! I support this, even though I imagine it must've not been easy to separate the sprites into genetic parts
Saltanta! <3
(08-01-2020, 09:13 AM)BlueLatios Wrote: Aww, the JAR files gives me an "invalid or corrupt" error message. I usually don't do this but my Windows OS is currently broken so, may you send me a private message of the source/object code that I can compile and run for Linux?
Also, visualizing :o that would be useful, yes! I support this, even though I imagine it must've not been easy to separate the sprites into genetic parts

Sure, I have not problem sharing my source code, I will send you a link to the folder :)

And yes, it takes a bit. It is easy for critters like the Monta Selo where nothing overlaps or where there is no gender dimorphism but the Saltanta markings or the Stranga Sciuro wingtips were a headache. Still haven´t found a solution for the Fluganta Rato, I am not willing to find/separate and save 144 images just for the wings. xD
So, I made a blank .txt file, named it and selected it, but when I go to paste the genetic code of the pet in the Add Data Entry page(and I'm choosing the right species), it keeps telling me gene sequence input invalid on it. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong...

The only thing I can really do with the program is use the Predict Appearance which works fine for me.

And the rest of my post got ate. Ugh. Okay then.

Thank you for making something like this! It's pretty helpful! :)

Edit #2: It let me enter my Senvida Naganto, so I don't know why it is not letting me add my Stranga Sciuro. I'm going to try to keep working with it to see what happens. Sorry for all the edits, but I just wanna make sure I'm not doing something wrong with the program! :)
(08-09-2020, 08:35 PM)Lunch Wrote: So, I made a blank .txt file, named it and selected it, but when I go to paste the genetic code of the pet in the Add Data Entry page(and I'm choosing the right species), it keeps telling me gene sequence input invalid on it. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong...

The only thing I can really do with the program is use the Predict Appearance which works fine for me.

Edit #2: It let me enter my Senvida Naganto, so I don't know why it is not letting me add my Stranga Sciuro. I'm going to try to keep working with it to see what happens. Sorry for all the edits, but I just wanna make sure I'm not doing something wrong with the program! :)

The problem was not with your input, I had a typo in my data for the Stranga Sciuro so it could not properly recognise which part of the genetic sequence goes with which trait. Thanks for bringing this to my attention, it´s all fixed now and if you download the current version it should work for the Sciuros as well :)
(08-11-2020, 05:02 PM)Virida Wrote:
(08-09-2020, 08:35 PM)Lunch Wrote: So, I made a blank .txt file, named it and selected it, but when I go to paste the genetic code of the pet in the Add Data Entry page(and I'm choosing the right species), it keeps telling me gene sequence input invalid on it. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong...

The problem was not with your input, I had a typo in my data for the Stranga Sciuro so it could not properly recognise which part of the genetic sequence goes with which trait. Thanks for bringing this to my attention, it´s all fixed now and if you download the current version it should work for the Sciuros as well :)

Thanks so much! :) It seems to be missing Senfina Krizo. I should have mentioned it earlier, but only finding it now when trying to put in the data. Sorry about that. :(
(08-14-2020, 05:36 PM)Lunch Wrote: Thanks so much! :) It seems to be missing Senfina Krizo. I should have mentioned it earlier, but only finding it now when trying to put in the data. Sorry about that. :(
The krizos are still missing because I do not have all the necessary data for their genetics yet, I need to gather colours for 27 genes each for 5 traits, that takes a while I am afraid xD
I'll let you know once they have been added :)
(08-14-2020, 09:01 PM)Virida Wrote:
(08-14-2020, 05:36 PM)Lunch Wrote: Thanks so much! :) It seems to be missing Senfina Krizo. I should have mentioned it earlier, but only finding it now when trying to put in the data. Sorry about that. :(
The krizos are still missing because I do not have all the necessary data for their genetics yet, I need to gather colours for 27 genes each for 5 traits, that takes a while I am afraid xD
I'll let you know once they have been added :)

Oh okay! Cool deal! Thanks so much again for this program! :) I hope you have a wonderful night!
Added Limaka Cevalos, Strigosto, Abomena Pahidermo and Inkuba Brulajo to the available creatures!