• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Winter Solstice 2023
(12-18-2023, 12:22 AM)nucmedtech Wrote: Thanks, Corteo.  I did see the option to purchase presents, but I drained my coffers on the unlocking of the new creature genome.  The "sorting" games are fine and there's a good variety, it's just the games to obtain presents that are difficult.  I'm not whining just for poor me, I've noticed that a lot of game sites I play on have people coming out of the woodwork saying, "I have arthritis/carpal tunnel/low vision, etc. and thought I was the only one who had problems with the flash games" once I broach the subject (cause I'm a blunt loudmouth whose friends don't even ask what I think if they don't really want to hear it unvarnished). 

Obviously I'll live, but with an aging contingent of players it's necessary for developers to adopt an inclusive mindset beyond just aria and semantic HTML.  I know you know this, but it's often easy to overlook that some activities most find easy many find difficult if not impossible.  I appreciate your efforts in every facet of the site and admire your bravery and patience to tackle legacy code, and I feel sure that with time to plan for next year you'll think of something.  But if no one speaks up and says "please alter your game selection next year" you'll never know the need for it.  So take this as a request and suggestion rather than a complaint.

I have a good friend who is unable to play certain games due to wrist strain so I completely understand! Thank you for helping contribute to the borb research, I sent you a gift so you can avoid Flappy Bird* hell and instead enjoy the other games :)

(*I was not a fan of the OG Flappy Bird - I was so glad there was another game option and even the ability to buy prezzies to skip out on this game LOL)
Elysia (e-lee-sha) - She/Her
[Image: jBVZ73.png]
Already the games are so much fun, and I love the ability to send to random users as I don't have any friends on here <3 Thank you for such an amazing event!
oh great! this event is so wonderful, thanks a lot!
regards, lamel

[Image: 8lDfr3.png][Image: gffDA3.png][Image: xgdtg3.png][Image: vIKL03.png][Image: SJOU03.png][Image: oyXwz3.png][Image: IlGkl3.png][Image: cdANe3.png][Image: ziCRu3.png]
This looks great!! I'm already hooked! Though my wrist wants to let you know nucmedtech's idea on disabled-friendly gathering games would be rad for next year. I love flappymuskbirdo but oh man, I feel old for not being able to play it as much as I'd like to. ::: D Still, you've clearly worked hard on this event, thank you so much!! This is a very well-appreciated distraction for all the craziness of this year. :)
Am I chaotic or just don't know what I'm doing? 

This event is wonderful! I love that I can send presents to random users, as I just collect creatures on here and don't really communicate on the forums much at all. It makes me feel like I'm still a part of the community. :')
Collector of Ponies
Thanks for all the joy you bring around the TFO all the year and happy Solstice!! <3
[Image: oL2bU3.png][Image: 2881655w4z0seehym.gif][Image: 6yPVd.png] 
Not only scientist, but also author of these (german) scifi books^^
Please, I've had so many folks sending me gold to buy presents with that I don't need any more. Everyone here is so generous. I did manage to stop hyperventilating over the snowball fight game and discovered it's not as necessary to jump wildly around as I thought it was, so I've been able to get the 15 gifts for today and send them out. I love the "random user" thing, it makes it easy to be generous to players I don't know without feeling weird and I like that everyone will probably get something each day.

Me being me, I would like to point out that I occasionally get a message that the user has the max number of gifts and today I even got "you can't gift that player again for a while". Might put those on your to-do list for the random gifting sorting algorithm for next year. :)
I LOVE Sudoku! It's something my dad and I use to do. We would race to complete the same puzzle when I was a kid. He won almost every time, but it is still a good memory I have of him.
Thank-you so much TFO team for a fantastic year with so many wonderful critters, and thanks for bringing back all the awesome holiday games!
Happy Holidays all!
• she/her • infj • scorpio •
LinkTree
♡ Nursery: Peer | Nemo | Yarold
Happy Solstice!
I love the present slider game, but looking at the highscores I'm pretty bad at it lol.