• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Winter Solstice 2023
What's this?

We're doing things a little different this year! Although the Solstice event is usually locked behind a Solstice quest, this time around we're opening it earlier--giving you all more time to enjoy the games and send gifts!

Gather gifts, sort them, and send them off to friends and even random strangers during this beloved event, which can be found here: https://finaloutpost.net/holiday23/.

And as another wonderful year of TFO draws to a close, the entire TFO team would like to take a moment to thank YOU for being a part of our journey! That truly is the greatest gift of all. Here's to many more years to come!  The whole event schedule can be found here.

Be aware that bugs should be expected... working on the old code base is a serious pain.  Please report them in the bugs sub-forum and we will fix them as soon as possible.
Folks, please shower Cort with praise for fighting with the old code to make this event happen. It's truly a Solstice miracle!!!
Thank you so much, Cort!!!
I'm so excited!! Thanks, Cort!
Thank you so much!
I am more excited about this event than actual christmas!
Wish I understood what "sorting presents" means.

I have a disabled hand and my high score on the flappy bird thing after 20 tries when I had to quit due to pain was 1 present. I think I got 14 on the other, which is a bit more friendly to those with limited clicking ability, but I still can't play it more than a couple times a day. Perhaps next year you can add a game for those whose hand-eye coordination or speedy clicking ability is below average (match-3, solitaire, mahjohngg, etc).

I'd really like to be able to be generous with gifts, but it seems I'm going to be able to only gather a few. I hope those who get them appreciate that it's not for lack of wishing to be more generous.
Sorry to hear that you are having issues! We definitely are looking to expand the game selection each year, and actually this is the first year that we haven't due to the focus being on the recode. Thanks for the suggestions on which games would be good to add. Not sure if you saw, but it is possible to purchase the presents for 5 gold each towards the bottom of the main event page.
fave event of the year. ❤️
 Always remember to smile.
~
Lab || Den || Scroll || Lair 
Thanks, Corteo. I did see the option to purchase presents, but I drained my coffers on the unlocking of the new creature genome. The "sorting" games are fine and there's a good variety, it's just the games to obtain presents that are difficult. I'm not whining just for poor me, I've noticed that a lot of game sites I play on have people coming out of the woodwork saying, "I have arthritis/carpal tunnel/low vision, etc. and thought I was the only one who had problems with the flash games" once I broach the subject (cause I'm a blunt loudmouth whose friends don't even ask what I think if they don't really want to hear it unvarnished).

Obviously I'll live, but with an aging contingent of players it's necessary for developers to adopt an inclusive mindset beyond just aria and semantic HTML. I know you know this, but it's often easy to overlook that some activities most find easy many find difficult if not impossible. I appreciate your efforts in every facet of the site and admire your bravery and patience to tackle legacy code, and I feel sure that with time to plan for next year you'll think of something. But if no one speaks up and says "please alter your game selection next year" you'll never know the need for it. So take this as a request and suggestion rather than a complaint.
Thank you for this update! It's my first time experiencing it, and I can't wait to shower people with gifts. :D Merry Christmas!
Limaka Breeder
"It takes courage to let down your armor, to welcome people to see you as you are." - Divine Rivals