• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Something is amiss in the outpost....
(10-19-2020, 12:22 PM)Thaliel Wrote: I don't get it, am I looking for four 1's or what?
What you want to aim for is four underscores (although once you get those, it just tells you that you've been successful, so you'll never see the four underscores). ^_^

A "1" tells you that one letter from your tested code is in the result code, but not in the position you put it in. A "_" tells you that one letter from your tested code is in the result code, in the exact position you put it in. So four underscores would mean that you've found all correct letters and put them into their correct places. (Four "1"s is still promising, though, because it means you found all the letters, you just need to rearrange them!)

The difficulty is in that the response doesn't tell you which input letters are which, so you need to make inferences. It's some work of careful reasoning, but don't give up! You'll get the hang of it. :)
pinkgothic @ schlaugh | The Final Outpost
I am the right person to complain to about NEMO's Ark (The Final Outpost clicksite)
Typically available in #dataclaw on irc.darkmyst.org (as Dread, Valcen or Taika{Work})
[ pronouns: ve/vis/ver - but not picky, use what you like! ]
[Image: hKUxm3.png]

Messages In This Thread
Something is amiss in the outpost.... - by Corteo - 10-17-2020, 05:12 PM
RE: Something is amiss in the outpost.... - by pinkgothic - 10-19-2020, 01:50 PM