• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Fan Site: NEMO's Ark
Maybe a buggo?
I've come across this occasionally where the thumbnail says "We couldnt find this.." and opening the link goes to a Oops, this creature couldn't be found.

Creature codes for the two I came across today were 9U8Ut & PRaG6

(09-14-2023, 10:30 PM)koishibuh Wrote: Maybe a buggo?
I've come across this occasionally where the thumbnail says "We couldnt find this.." and opening the link goes to a Oops, this creature couldn't be found.

Creature codes for the two I came across today were 9U8Ut & PRaG6

Since people can enter codes manually, sometimes folks end up putting in a code that's not valid. Arguably, they could be removed by the same process that removes stunted juveniles and adults, but the script currently intentionally errs on the side of making sure that temporary errors from the API don't remove codes (and it doesn't really know if an error is temporary, since it's not keeping track). I'll think about improving this, though! Thanks for saying something. :)

(For now I've removed those two codes manually.)
pinkgothic @ schlaugh | The Final Outpost
I am the right person to complain to about NEMO's Ark (The Final Outpost clicksite)
Typically available in #dataclaw on irc.darkmyst.org (as Dread, Valcen or Taika{Work})
[ pronouns: ve/vis/ver - but not picky, use what you like! ]
[Image: hKUxm3.png]
Oh pft, I totally missed that a user could manually input codes - I click on the import all button then go to view all and start clicking.
Although I will say, first time visiting the site it did take me a moment to realize after importing, I didn't have to tick the boxes since that actually was for removing specific creatures. I think that was just based on the behavior of other click sites and me not actually reading the text haha.
Oh, sorry! Do you have any tips on how to improve that user experience?
I am the right person to complain to about NEMO's Ark (The Final Outpost clicksite)
Typically available in #dataclaw on irc.darkmyst.org (as Dread, Valcen or Taika{Work})
I'm investigating an issue with the site right now. I already have a lead as to what's going on; hopefully things will be back to normal within about half an hour. Should be back. Sorry about the brief interruption.