• 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Breeding Genetics /Appearance Predictor with GUI
Eyy, coding activities and usage! :D
I'm okay with this! I am able to develop a bit of GUI too since I have once made a simple shooter game using the OpenGL library in C++ and it works pretty well, but I don't want to complicate myself with that yet :v I'm also lazy

Part of the reason why I don't use Python nor Java is because I haven't figured out a way to package them into exportable executables (or basically, programs you can download and run without any extra requirements). Another part is that I have low skills in Java programming XD

I have to agree that one of the feedback I get for LATI is color implementation or description of gene variations. Although I usually suggest using my species database, loading the Sheets alone may take lots of data and it is therefore not really efficient, moreover requiring internet connection. The alternate solution which I'll do once my database rework is done is perhaps to supply - along with LATI - color tables that one can open and refer to for each genetic variation and label. And perhaps I'll provide two types of images for each species, one of just color and description like in my database, and the other of creature images (such as the Punnett square visualization in Znowy's Sheet).

My Windows OS has a slight problem so I can only use Linux for a while. If you want me to help with testing and debugging, let me know if I can be of help :o
Saltanta! <3

Messages In This Thread
RE: Breeding Genetics Predictor with GUI - by BlueLatios - 07-26-2020, 07:32 PM