• 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
New Species Discovered
(12-28-2023, 05:54 PM)Scyfir Wrote: [Image: h04ad3.png]
Hahaha I'm dead! It's literally just a poofy cloud of fluffy with legs and a snout! XD

I got the same thing!! 
[Image: D4LJd3.png]
(12-29-2023, 05:30 PM)Dragonlov46er Wrote:
Hahaha I'm dead! It's literally just a poofy cloud of fluffy with legs and a snout! XD

I got the same thing!! 

I got the baa, baa black sheep version.

[Image: a4Lb33.png]
I was a nuclear medicine technologist for many years.  I'm now retired and playing online games.
(12-29-2023, 09:09 PM)nucmedtech Wrote:
(12-29-2023, 05:30 PM)Dragonlov46er Wrote:

I got the same thing!! 

I got the baa, baa black sheep version.

[Image: a4Lb33.png]

it goes on! (it's my first adult piggy, two are still growing)
[Image: rNaUj3.png]

[Image: QUIpVFE.png][Image: OBrKa68.png][Image: Da1cz0f.png][Image: bYt72YT.png][Image: tqGkHih.png]
Away
Hello, everyone!

We did a booboo, but we fixed it, and we'll try to make it up to you.

Background:

Most creatures on the site follow the convention that a mixed-case gene is twice as likely as a lowercase or uppercase gene to drop in the cupboard. So, for example, looking only at the 'Markinga' gene of an Avka Felo, about 50% of the Avka Felos you'd get from the cupboard would have 'Markinga:Aa', 25% would have 'Markinga:aa' and 25% would have 'Markinga:AA'.

Since event creatures drop less often and we've already strived to make all variants of event creatures collectible, they don't follow that rule*. You should get all variants equally. Just looking at the Terura Fisisto 'Body' gene, you would get 'Body:Aa' from the cupboard 33% of the time, 'Body:AA' from the cupboard 33% of the time, and 'Body:aa' from the cupboard 33% of the time.

(* they are not the only exception, but this is the one that's relevant for this post!)

Bug:

So... uh, yeah.

[Image: CDcIILD.png]

Turns out solstice creatures weren't doing that.

The bug fix involved 5% 'fix the typo' and 95% managing our developers' sanity by taking all sharp objects away from them and locking them into a padded room until the mad, anguished cackling subsided.

[Image: cMFkiK5.gif]

Ohgodohgodohgod. We're sorry.

What we're doing about it:

The new creatures are thankfully new enough and will be dropping for long enough that the fix we submitted a few hours ago should already be making this much less painful to get a complete set if you're a completionist. But this has screwed up all past solstice drops, we feel bad about it, and so we're going to boost those a little more than usual.

They will still taper off, but they'll be more common than they usually are for the next weeks.

Old solstice creatures usually stop dropping by the 15th of January. This time we're extending that time so they stop by the end of the 25th (like the new fellas!).

We hope that will help!
pinkgothic @ schlaugh | The Final Outpost
I am the right person to complain to about NEMO's Ark (The Final Outpost clicksite)
Typically available in #dataclaw on irc.darkmyst.org (as Dread, Valcen or Taika{Work})
[ pronouns: ve/vis/ver - but not picky, use what you like! ]
[Image: hKUxm3.png]
gosh they turned out so cute after getting full grown
InugamiChi 犬神チ
─── ・ 。゚☆: .☽ . :☆゚. ───
[Image: kDCyt1.png][Image: zmGIR1.png][Image: 07ujK1.png][Image: O2HDm1.png][Image: y1ceT1.png][Image: I504o1.png][Image: saGuJ1.png][Image: 4H0Ll1.png]
The first ones were just sheep-y looking, but the last couple I have grown up look sort of like hair metal stars, LOL.

[Image: w9ns23.png] [Image: SEO1Z3.png]
I was a nuclear medicine technologist for many years.  I'm now retired and playing online games.
Remember, folks, there are only two hard things in programming: Naming things, cache invalidation, and off-by-one errors.

You absolutely were supposed to still be able to access the event today, especially to open presents. Since in CET, 'today' is almost over, the event has been extended by another day, and the 4th of January is the last day to attend (the main page will say so).

I'm still combing through things to find places that might still be off-by-one, don't panic if you spot an inconsistency (do feel free to bump my nose on it, though!). I think I've checked everything. If something is still wonky, please give me a thwap. The main page should let you know tomorrow that it's the last day to participate in the event.

(Turns out we had this exact problem in the previous years, just no one told us about it the info didn't reach us, apparently. Whoops.)
pinkgothic @ schlaugh | The Final Outpost
I am the right person to complain to about NEMO's Ark (The Final Outpost clicksite)
Typically available in #dataclaw on irc.darkmyst.org (as Dread, Valcen or Taika{Work})
[ pronouns: ve/vis/ver - but not picky, use what you like! ]
[Image: hKUxm3.png]
My mother was a CPA. She always groaned if something was off by a cent, because she said it was harder to find 1 cent than $1 million. You guys are doing great.
Already looking forward to the next edition of the gifting exchange, it was super exciting, especially whenever a critter popped out^^

[Image: QUIpVFE.png][Image: OBrKa68.png][Image: Da1cz0f.png][Image: bYt72YT.png][Image: tqGkHih.png]
Away
lab notes for these species are now available to donate towards! this time they cost 50k each. ^^

if you wish to donate alongside your fellow users, click on World > Creature Notes > find the species name of the new release(s) and click, then type how much gold you'd like to donate. :D

for those who don't know what unlocking lab notes does: it allows you to see the capsule, juvenile and adult descriptions all in one place as well as showing some other info relating to them. it also unlocks the ability to use the predictor for that species, allowing you to see all genes that species has and more!
 Always remember to smile.
~
Lab || Den || Scroll || Lair