• 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
New Species Discovered
adding onto what dustpuppy said, two weeks from the initial post will be the 24th (notes unlock at the same time the post was made too), so if you wish to donate, on the main site click on World > Creature Notes > Locked (or scroll down until you find the species). keep in mind the new species won't show up until the two weeks are up. hope that makes sense. :D
 Always remember to smile.
~
Lab || Den || Scroll || Lair 
ah, okay, thank you both for answering.
whether it makes sense or not... well, it's in the wee hours for me prior any sleep or coffee, sooo... lol
but seriously, it was actually what i was looking for. i was wondering about time frames and where what stage happened when. and that's exactly what you two lovely beings gave me!
so, yep, thank you again, it did indeed answer my question(s). ^_^
[Image: PpOqm3.png]
Thank you in advance for any/all clicks!
Feel free to mine my lab-tabs. Especially the Cuddles Plz tab!
other places to find me: Magistream|Marapets|Steam: 412706121
These will now and forevermore be jeb_. If you know, you know. :)
[Image: qGZVI3.png] [Image: m7PYH3.png] [Image: xFmV33.png] [Image: Mo8td3.png] [Image: 3DofW3.png] [Image: uMtMQ3.png]

P.S. It's a Minecraft reference
(07-17-2023, 01:26 AM)God's Princess Wrote: These will now and forevermore be jeb_. If you know, you know. :)
[Image: qGZVI3.png] [Image: m7PYH3.png] [Image: xFmV33.png] [Image: Mo8td3.png] [Image: 3DofW3.png] [Image: uMtMQ3.png]

P.S. It's a Minecraft reference

Totally naming one Jeb, I forgot all about that nickname haha
Limaka Breeder
"It takes courage to let down your armor, to welcome people to see you as you are." - Divine Rivals
lab notes are now available to donate towards! costing 150k this time.

if you wish to donate alongside your fellow users, click on World > Creature Notes > find the species name of the new release(s) and click it, then type how much gold you'd like to donate!

for those who don't know what unlocking lab notes does: it allows you to see the capsule, juvenile and adult descriptions all in one place as well as showing some other info relating to them. it also unlocks the ability to use the predictor for that species, allowing you to see all genes that species has and more. :D
 Always remember to smile.
~
Lab || Den || Scroll || Lair 
Heads-up: There's some duplication in the backend that I'm about to address. If everything related to Stepa Safidos breaks in some seconds, it's because of me. I'm on it and will try to make sure that (1) things are fixed from the current duplicated state, (2) any collateral damage is cleaned up.

Edit: It looks like my fix worked. If you notice anything odd with the Stepas, it's still probably my fault, so give me a shout. (Quickest way to reach me is through IRC. You can try through Discord ("pinkgothicc" with two c's), but I might not notice.)

Edit II: There is a separate issue, unrelated to this fix, that genetics links are broken. We are looking into this now.

Edit III: Corteo and I figured out what was going on, fix should drop shortly. Sorry for the hassle!
pinkgothic @ schlaugh | The Final Outpost
I am the right person to complain to about NEMO's Ark (The Final Outpost clicksite)
Typically available in #dataclaw on irc.darkmyst.org (as Dread, Valcen or Taika{Work})
[ pronouns: ve/vis/ver - but not picky, use what you like! ]
[Image: hKUxm3.png]
So, we did some very silly things with this species when we made it, and so now rendering is temporarily broken. Sorry about that. You may freely envision this as "it's cursed". :) We know what the issue is, at least, so it's just a matter of writing the script to fix this (sadly we need to update everyone's sheep genes). I'll edit this post when things are working again.

Thanks for your patience!

Edit: This should now be fixed. Sorry again for the hassle.
I am the right person to complain to about NEMO's Ark (The Final Outpost clicksite)
Typically available in #dataclaw on irc.darkmyst.org (as Dread, Valcen or Taika{Work})
Yes hello I'd like to report a bug, these sheep are far too cute!
We’re playing together / And it’s going well / And maybe we’ll go back / To cryosleep, who can tell?
I guess there is no one to blame / We’re splicing genes (splicing genes) / Will things ever be the same again?
It’s the final outpost / Da da daaa daaa / Da da da da daaa / The final outpost.

[Image: 0vgPQ3.png] * [Image: 202485.png][Image: 1019930.png] * [Image: 1AzEq3.png] * [Image: CCTml3.png] * [Image: MiqGl3.png] * [Image: FPIOg3.png]
(07-24-2023, 09:20 PM)dustpuppy Wrote: Yes hello I'd like to report a bug, these sheep are far too cute!

Working. As. Intended. 8D

----

For the curious, we had to deal with five issues today:

1 - Automated Discord notifications aren't happening. (We're not yet sure why, unfortunately, so this is an ongoing bug for now.)
2 - The backend has different ways of handling genes than what you see in user-facing code for some things, and that was all messed up for this species (=> predictor images were broken).
3 - This species was uploaded twice by accident, so everything in the database was duplicated (=> predictor dropdowns had dupes in it).
4 - There were some inconsistencies in the capitalisation of gene labels (=> genetics links didn't work) in the species configuration.
5 - After fixing the inconsistencies, the individual creatures owned by users didn't match the species configuration capitalisation (=> rendering was broken).

All in all this took from about 17:00 until about 20:40 (Germany time) debugging work between Corteo and me (with more to happen for #1 next time it becomes relevant). The main learning is that the old site is cursed, seriously, though, we really need to finish the recode. It's much more debuggable, it's got fewer sneaky potential inconsistencies, and it has much more guards against making mistakes when uploading creatures.

We're nonetheless adding some guards to the current site so stuff like #4 and #5 can't happen again.

Are all the bugs with Stepa Safidos gone now? Probably not! But it looks like we can probably go to bed and sleep without everything catching on fire. 8D

Thanks for your patience, everyone.
(07-24-2023, 09:37 PM)pinkgothic Wrote:
(07-24-2023, 09:20 PM)dustpuppy Wrote: Yes hello I'd like to report a bug, these sheep are far too cute!

Working. As. Intended. 8D

----

For the curious, we had to deal with five issues today:

1 - Automated Discord notifications aren't happening. (We're not yet sure why, unfortunately, so this is an ongoing bug for now.)
2 - The backend has different ways of handling genes than what you see in user-facing code for some things, and that was all messed up for this species (=> predictor images were broken).
3 - This species was uploaded twice by accident, so everything in the database was duplicated (=> predictor dropdowns had dupes in it).
4 - There were some inconsistencies in the capitalisation of gene labels (=> genetics links didn't work) in the species configuration.
5 - After fixing the inconsistencies, the individual creatures owned by users didn't match the species configuration capitalisation (=> rendering was broken).

All in all this took from about 17:00 until about 20:40 (Germany time) debugging work between Corteo and me (with more to happen for #1 next time it becomes relevant). The main learning is that the old site is cursed, seriously, though, we really need to finish the recode. It's much more debuggable, it's got fewer sneaky potential inconsistencies, and it has much more guards against making mistakes when uploading creatures.

We're nonetheless adding some guards to the current site so stuff like #4 and #5 can't happen again.

Are all the bugs with Stepa Safidos gone now? Probably not! But it looks like we can probably go to bed and sleep without everything catching on fire. 8D

Thanks for your patience, everyone.

Thank you for all the team's hard work and giving us a little something to giggle at even if it wasn't intended (the floating sheepies!) <3

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)