• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
How do you organize your lab?
Hello everyone!

As I was curious (as always) and as I didn't saw a thread on the subject, I wanted to ask you about your lab organization!

I think I'm a bit too much in terms of dividing into tabs, setting goals, naming creatures, but it's actually my favorite part of these kind of games. ^-^

So, I will begin!

Tabs: I have one tab for growing capsules, one tab for each species and one tab for the market.
Names: It's my favorite part! My names have a structure like "ID_CODE GENERATION NAME". I did a spreadsheet that converts genes into a code. For example, when a gene has a AABBCC format, I code each possibility with a letter, and when a gene has a AABB or AA format, it's with a number. It's a bit different for each species. For example, I want my Cielarkas to be listed by the order of the wing gene, so the code will start with the letter of the wing gene. Then, I put the generation (G1, G2...). And finally, there is a name, in the form of a french word (my native language). As french words are gendered, I choose words for males and females depending of the gender of the word.
Goals: When it's possible, I want to collect every appearances of a species. I did it for the Glacia Alsaltos, because every combination of genes gives 3*3*3=27 different appearances. When it's not really possible, like the Monta Selos with 9*9*9=729 combinations, my goal is to have at least one copy of every gene. That's why I put some care into naming the creatures!

Well, that's it for now! I would love to know how you do it, what kind of fun do you have with organizing, or even if you don't like it at all!
[Image: coacp3.png]
« Pas de patience, pas de science. »
My lab is not quite that organised. I name my tabs by "groups" e.g. ornithurae for birds, felidae for all cats etc plus a few that deviate from that because I intend to put more focus on those species or want to keep track of a project.

Aside from very few exceptions my creatures do not get classic names. I lean into the "scientific specimens" angle and they keep their codes to uniquely identify them, with a prefix that indicates generation with a letter and lineage status (even gen, messy, inbred etc) with a symbol, e.g. B'QoBeD = gen 2, even

I don´t really have goals, the closest thing is very casually dabbling with creating a long, even gen jelly lineage. Most of the time I just grab capsules with funny codes though
I currently have my tabs based on species. The ones I'm breeding, I have them separated by generations. I tagged each pair with a set of letters. An example is my Selo's; My first pair is AA, then BB, ect. Then their kids will also be tagged with the same one, but the third generation will be tagged like AB, as if group AA bred with BB. Trying to keep track of breeding, so I don't accidentally inbred or line breed.

For the most part, they're not fully organized. I'll probably change it a few times here and there.
[Image: H6pBI3.png]
I have:
1) a tab for growing creatures
2) a "squad" tab where I've amassed a collection of creatures named after characters from a fanfiction lol
3) three army tabs, one for each species of frog (these constitute the vast majority of my creatures)
4) a tab for other random creatures I like the look of
5) a trade/sell tab
6) a tab for gifts from the solstice event

I tag all of my frogs to help with organisation, they are tagged by generation and in the case of tonbleko their tonbleko generation as well. I only breed even gen frogs.
The current goal is a g7 ranbleko with no inbreeding - I'm pretty close, but currently being distracted by the new release :) The overall goal is to get my ranbleko gen as high as possible with no inbreeding. One day I'd love to see if I could get a single creature with hardiness over 1000.
[Image: 32DUn3.png]
i sort mine based on what sort've species group they belong to. for example...

Pitters and Patters - for capsules and juvies.
Claws and Paws - for things like canines, felines, anything which is furry, etc
Wings and Things - for, well... things with wings. :p
Scales and Tales - for anything reptilian, or fantasy-like.
Frills and Gills - for aquatic things.
Gallops and Lollops - for things with hooves, or anything that's deer-like, or a large mammal.
Critters and Jitters - for bugs, insects and anything rodent-like.
 Always remember to smile.
~
Lab || Den || Scroll || Lair 
uh…

- Stats Project (houses my old saltanta Bowman, who unfortunately will have to be succeeded by someone new on account of my not having the heart to raise his appearance over 2001)
- Faves (creatures with codes that remind me of fandoms i’m in, mostly. i have a policy to let anyone who recognizes a reference take something for free from my sales tab or unsorted)
- MINE (creatures that I like, either because of codes or because of appearance…just not quite as much)
- Onions (another case of reference codes, if you can figure out what that’s about i’ll let you snatch anything outside my Faves tab for free, just dm me!)
- “Sales. sasa lele” (what it says on the tin)
- Raffle Tab (defunct cuz i don’t use my attached discord anymore ROFL)
My tabs typically describe what's inside- Something of the format of "What it says on the tin" . Almost all of them have a creative spin for the name, even if they only make sense to me. Any future tabs I'll make or if I rename any, will follow the formula of logical yet personalized.

Some of the more 'originally' spun ones:
Vampire's Castle - Bats
Cat's Lair- Saltantas (I mainly collect Tiger stripe specimens) This is also a reference to Thundercats.
Dragon's Cave- Monta Selos and Imsanga DracoDogs
Misty Mountain- Avian creatures, including batbirds and Krizo pterosaurs
The Exchange Branch - Creatures up for trade

A few unoriginal sounding:
Aquarium- You'll never guess what I have in this tab.
Serpentarium- Guess what's in here Challenge level: Almost impossible
Museum: Kvieta Dinosaurs (Surprisingly, no Krizo Pterosaurs)
Lagoon-Creek: Kosmiras, Pahidermos, frogs

A small selection are references to fandoms I'm in, some are more straight forward than others. I also doubt anyone will correctly guess each one on the first try:
Cat's Lair
Sparx Foundation- Insects/Arachnids
BeastMaker Biodome - A Misc. collection of canines, goats, sky whale, etc.
Reptile Room- Geckos
Lobby-main creatures, anything i need to grow quickly or isnt a scurio but still wanna keep i put here
Scuiro Squad- self explanatory. all my beloved Scuiros go here.
Digimon-fan creatures based on Digimon. so far i only have Birdramon, an orange Koleratako. they will have the basic infor of the 'mon they are based on in the creature notes, including Attribute, Family, and associated crest and partner if applicable.
[Image: Y9Pwu1.png]My Lab  buying Sciuros of ANY AGE for ANY PRICE
Tabs: Nursery + a tab for each species! sorted under headers of Aves, Mammalia, Herps, Invertebrata, Aquatic, then new releases. and then under those i have them ordered alphabetically

Names: usually just nonsense based on their id codes, or random words or etc. Creatures with no lineage don’t have any marker in their names, but creatures with 1 generation of ancestors are marked with II, 2 gens is III, 3 gens is IV, so on

Creature Sort: I do a wholly unsustainable custom sort where i try to sort them by colour? into a coherent rainbow more or less. according to my sensibilities. it’s Aesthetically Pleasing but god i do not recommend doing this by hand

Goals: yeah i guess the big long term goal is just collecting any possible combination of traits. i breed animals when i have two with the same genetic codes, it’s just pleasing to me to have them matched. sub goals, i want to collect and breed for pride flag colours! my focus rn is trans limaka cevalos. also i have a lyrics lineage project i want to do but it requires a halloween creature and only one very specific variation of it so… it’d probably take years to complete
my lab, if you’d like to help with my young creatures!