• 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Lab Notes 3.0
As you may have heard we are currently doing a recode of the site from the ground up.  This will allow for improved development and new features going forward.  That said, unfortunately, it's taking a bit of time because as often happens refactoring begets refactoring.  So we wanted to give an updated feature ahead of schedule!  Introducing Lab Notes 3.0!

This is a total recode from the ground up with a ton of improvements under the hood.  But not just under the hood!

Some changes (but not limited to!)

• Routing!  You can now use your back buttons in the lab notes, navigate to a page via URL, bookmark, etc.
  • New art!  Rwyvern has started the laborious process of creating anatomy studies and field sketches for the creatures.
  • Research goals!  Save your favorite predictions and share them with others.  You can also track which predictions have matching creatures.
  • Random predictions now update the dropdown as well as the breeding table.
  • Many more small changes and quality of life updates.
As always new bugs may sneak in so be sure to report them in the bug forum.

What do you think?  What are your favorite parts of the update?  Notice something I forgot?  Do you have any predictions you want to share?  Link them below!
Omg, I love this!! Thank you for your hard work! <3
         I hoard things I find pretty :3
[Image: IAYAf3.png]   My TFO LabMy DC Scroll       [Image: OQxDD.gif]
[Image: MAOY.png]
I love this!
The only thing I think could be improved is the fact that the layout and style is a little inconsistent. Other than this though, these new features are so useful and I’ll definitely be using this! No more saving my goals to my notes lol, I’ll have them all on the site!

Edit: I just noticed the upside down unicorn on the Ebena Kuranto field notes, I love it!
Please also click these! :)
[Image: Uwqgh3.png] Lab & ChickenSmoothie <3    Currently collecting: Ebena Kuranto

I am a busy person. I may not respond to trades or messages instantly. Please respect this.
this is so cool! O_O as Inu said ty guys for the hard work!
 Always remember to smile.
~
Lab || Den || Scroll || Lair 
The art included with some of the species is SO GOOD??
The skulls look so real! Almost as if they're actually part of RWyvern's skull collection lol
I also really appreciate the option to save research goals!! I will be making use of that!

The amount of love the staff has for this game is obvious in the effort y'all continue to put in it, you are all awesome
Thank you for the update. :)
[Image: sXQOD3.png] Happy Poultrygeist!  [Image: 9H7Hx3.png]
Aaaaah I'm so glad we can buy more goal slots, those are going to be so useful!
Little question, when you buy goal slots, are they permanent?
And as always, thank you so much to everyone putting in all this amazing work!
We’re playing together / And it’s going well / And maybe we’ll go back / To cryosleep, who can tell?
I guess there is no one to blame / We’re splicing genes (splicing genes) / Will things ever be the same again?
It’s the final outpost / Da da daaa daaa / Da da da da daaa / The final outpost.

[Image: 0vgPQ3.png] * [Image: 202485.png][Image: 1019930.png] * [Image: 1AzEq3.png] * [Image: CCTml3.png] * [Image: MiqGl3.png] * [Image: FPIOg3.png]
Maybe it's just me, but as I work with LATI in managing my creatures, I know that breeding chances for specific color combos tend to go quite low, and if a specific gender is required, I feel that it would be painful to know you managed to get the right genes at last but lost the 50-50 in gender. But also, what about partial genes like ones in Ebena Kurantos? I feel that it would be useful to an extent for species like Glacia Alsaltos even though the Fire gene is hidden, but would be tedious to track research goal for species like Ebena Kurantos with lots of genes that usually remain hidden (e.g. only 24 out of 27 possible gene combos for Horns are "no horns", and that's just the Horns gene). I feel that for them, grouping the genes into a category such as "no horns" to represent all 24 genes would be better instead of making 24 different research goals, for example.

Glad to know refactoring is still being done, and keep up the good work to everyone involved, they're all awesome! My favorite is the routing part, it is blessed even though I do not go to Creature Notes often.
Saltanta! <3
Ah, I absolutely love the idea of field notes/ anatomical studies!
What's posted so far is absolutely stunning- it's so exactly what adds another layer of dimension to our creatures, and their corresponding lore!
I can't wait to see what comes in the future.

seriously, hit me up if you ever want art of these species, that would be a dream to create xD
[Image: dgWyC.png]
――――――――――
  RISE AND REIGN. 
(01-25-2022, 11:04 PM)BlueLatios Wrote: Maybe it's just me, but as I work with LATI in managing my creatures, I know that breeding chances for specific color combos tend to go quite low, and if a specific gender is required, I feel that it would be painful to know you managed to get the right genes at last but lost the 50-50 in gender. But also, what about partial genes like ones in Ebena Kurantos? I feel that it would be useful to an extent for species like Glacia Alsaltos even though the Fire gene is hidden, but would be tedious to track research goal for species like Ebena Kurantos with lots of genes that usually remain hidden (e.g. only 24 out of 27 possible gene combos for Horns are "no horns", and that's just the Horns gene). I feel that for them, grouping the genes into a category such as "no horns" to represent all 24 genes would be better instead of making 24 different research goals, for example.

Glad to know refactoring is still being done, and keep up the good work to everyone involved, they're all awesome!  My favorite is the routing part, it is blessed even though I do not go to Creature Notes often.

If you have a creature with the right genes but the wrong gender, it will still indicate that a matching creature has been obtained by giving it a yellow highlighting and showing it as a partial match.