• 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
how often do you name ur creatures?
I try to name pets on collecting websites, but I find it really hard to keep coming up with good name ideas. Factor in having potentially hundreds of pets on each website, annnnd…uh…yeah. Some sites have an "auto-naming" feature, so I just tend to use that if it’s there. Only pets I have a major attachment to I will try to name myself.
Torra/Midnight/Akai/Vixen, He/Xe/It
Transmasc AuDHD Artist
My favourite fox:
[Image: GJTLe3.png]
On TFO from time to time I go on a naming spree and go for specie's name just to make it look cleaner than codes:P
[Image: ws23.png]

[Image: QUIpVFE.png][Image: OBrKa68.png][Image: Da1cz0f.png][Image: bYt72YT.png][Image: tqGkHih.png]
Away
I am planning to name each one I want to keep when they turn into adults. I prefer to draw inspiration for their names from their appearance, colours in particular. I have also arbitrarily decided to only use names that start with a C.
[Image: sI5Zy3.png]
Welcome to Kitty City
(06-28-2024, 09:57 AM)WillowChartreuse Wrote: I am planning to name each one I want to keep when they turn into adults. I prefer to draw inspiration for their names from their appearance, colours in particular. I have also arbitrarily decided to only use names that start with a C.

Oooh, that's an interesting constraint! :D Will you be trying to keep the names unique, or will you allow dupes?
pinkgothic @ schlaugh | The Final Outpost
I am the right person to complain to about NEMO's Ark (The Final Outpost clicksite)
Typically available in #dataclaw on irc.darkmyst.org (as Dread, Valcen or Taika{Work})
[ pronouns: ve/vis/ver - but not picky, use what you like! ]
[Image: hKUxm.png]
(06-28-2024, 09:04 PM)pinkgothic Wrote:
(06-28-2024, 09:57 AM)WillowChartreuse Wrote: I am planning to name each one I want to keep when they turn into adults. I prefer to draw inspiration for their names from their appearance, colours in particular. I have also arbitrarily decided to only use names that start with a C.

Oooh, that's an interesting constraint! :D Will you be trying to keep the names unique, or will you allow dupes?

Thank you :D Oh, I didn't even know duplicates where allowed! But, I probably won't utilize this, lest my memory failes me.
[Image: sI5Zy3.png]
Welcome to Kitty City
I did not name mine when I first started. so I have many to go back and name. :)

I actually got inspired to begin naming mine when I was clicking creatures on the Clicks thread, and loved so many of PinkGothic's names. My naming is not set, sometimes I go by what lettters are in it's code and I come up with something simple. But other times, I do something like this one:
[Image: iCfrU2.png] icfru - I See Through (pronounced "Froo") You. xD

Other times I'll name based off looks.
[Image: pKG4S3.png] = Autumn Frost

Then if the code is close to a word or a name, I'll leave it as is.
[Image: Sovny3.png] - Sovny
[Image: Oscrs3.png] - Oscrs - was in the Shelter, couldn't pass him up :D
[Image: MSULS3.png] - MSULS .. all I can see is Muscles. xD

Heh, enough of my rambling. But yes, I am working on going back and naming everything. Slowly O.o
[Image: referral-mwolo1.png][Image: Pounces.png]
(07-31-2024, 01:39 AM)Pounces Wrote: I actually got inspired to begin naming mine when I was clicking creatures on the Clicks thread, and loved so many of PinkGothic's names.
O_O!

This surprises me for two reasons! One, someone being inspired by my naming boggles my mind; I have some personal history of being really bad at naming that, while I think I transcended that by now, nonetheless feels very me.

...two, wait, someone actually clicks on things in the Click Thread and looks at the view page? I just open things in the background and close the tabs unseen. XD; So I never see everyone else's awesome names!

(07-31-2024, 01:39 AM)Pounces Wrote: Heh, enough of my rambling. But yes, I am working on going back and naming everything. Slowly O.o

Good luck! <3

It might just be my Senvida Naganto bias (it definitely is just my Senvida Naganto bias), but I dig some of the Senvida Naganto names you've got there: Murmur, Caustic Acid, Corrosive Toxins, heck yeah. You're teaching me I should pay attention to your creatures while I go through the Click Thread, for sure. :D
pinkgothic @ schlaugh | The Final Outpost
I am the right person to complain to about NEMO's Ark (The Final Outpost clicksite)
Typically available in #dataclaw on irc.darkmyst.org (as Dread, Valcen or Taika{Work})
[ pronouns: ve/vis/ver - but not picky, use what you like! ]
[Image: hKUxm.png]
(07-31-2024, 07:46 PM)pinkgothic Wrote:
(07-31-2024, 01:39 AM)Pounces Wrote: I actually got inspired to begin naming mine when I was clicking creatures on the Clicks thread, and loved so many of PinkGothic's names.
O_O!

This surprises me for two reasons! One, someone being inspired by my naming boggles my mind; I have some personal history of being really bad at naming that, while I think I transcended that by now, nonetheless feels very me.

I like uncommon / complex / descriptive names quite a bit, and yours are often just that. Especially the Senvida Naganto. It was those in particular that did it for me.

Quote:...two, wait, someone actually clicks on things in the Click Thread and looks at the view page? I just open things in the background and close the tabs unseen. XD; So I never see everyone else's awesome names!

Ha!! It really depends on how busy I am. If I have time I do like to see the names, but a lot of times I just open them and click them closed a few minutes later. :)

Quote:
(07-31-2024, 01:39 AM)Pounces Wrote: Heh, enough of my rambling. But yes, I am working on going back and naming everything. Slowly O.o

Good luck! <3

It might just be my bias (it definitely is just my Senvida Naganto bias), but I dig some of the Senvida Naganto names you've got there: Murmur, Caustic Acid, Corrosive Toxins, heck yeah. You're teaching me I should pay attention to your creatures while I go through the Click Thread, for sure. :D

Thanks, I need it! <3 And thank you for the compliment on the names. :) It can be fun to check out peoples names, there's a lot of random fun ones I've come across that have just made me smile.
[Image: referral-mwolo1.png][Image: Pounces.png]
I automatically name every creature "Theo" when they emerge from their capsules! I only have a couple of "Not-Theos" AKA those with no names.

There's also Theodore, who was my first Klara Alsalto~ [Image: OwpTZ.png]
And lonely little Tomo who sits in his own tab~ [Image: gkzeu.png]
Hello I am blade :) 
Have a nice day <3
I have named a single creature and it is because she is too perfect to be left unnamed.
[Image: zGYlA.png] This is Peanut.
I do plan on going back and naming creatures at some point, but it will take a lot of brain power to come up with names.
[Image: gUydU.png] [Image: WfRKt.png] [Image: t2BBV.png] [Image: 6jKat.png] [Image: Epfft.png] [Image: DbSZN.png] [Image: gjvi5.png] [Image: ybHG4.png] [Image: SWOil.png] [Image: BAyfW.png]