• 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
LATI: Simple Program to Help Genetic Research
(06-10-2020, 07:21 AM)BlueLatios Wrote: I think I only have that tool atm so far. I haven't made a tool for that yet, but now that sounds like a brilliant idea :o

So I imagine it'll be like this:
There's a program to add and store creature's code (and removal of it too) and their species, gender, and genes, and then there's another program that reads the stored data to find species and genes that fit the criteria, with the percentage chance, right?
I think it'll be fun, I'll try to play around and develop that!

The first doesn't have to be a program, just a csv file or text file like the one in your example, except with the creature's code and a "Gender:F" or "Gender:M" added. Although... a program that generates that file so you don't have to worry about correct formatting etc. could be really helpful even on its own! :) Especially since, if you know what the formatting will be, you can develop different tools and already have your "database" ready. In that case... maybe each entry could also have the codes of parents/ancestors (if there are any) to help exclude related creatures. I like that idea! :)
We’re playing together / And it’s going well / And maybe we’ll go back / To cryosleep, who can tell?
I guess there is no one to blame / We’re splicing genes (splicing genes) / Will things ever be the same again?
It’s the final outpost / Da da daaa daaa / Da da da da daaa / The final outpost.

[Image: 0vgPQ3.png] * [Image: 202485.png][Image: 1019930.png] * [Image: 1AzEq3.png] * [Image: CCTml3.png] * [Image: MiqGl3.png] * [Image: FPIOg3.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Simple Programs to Help Genetic Research - by dustpuppy - 06-10-2020, 07:53 AM