• 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
How "post-apocalyptic" is the world, really?
Just something I had been wondering for a while. Forgive me if some quest text answers this question somewhere, but has it been revealed yet exactly what it was that killed off humanity in this setting? I was assuming it was nuclear war, but if that was the case, wouldn't exploration-related quests also make note of radioactive environments and the potential sickness it could cause? Also, for an irradiated wasteland the world our scientists explore seems pretty lively, with lots of plant and animal diversity. A lot of quests just seem like we're going on fun little nature hikes. For that matter, where did all these new species come from? A few hundred years isn't really enough for this kind of evolution. 

I'm guessing that the creators of the game are purposefully avoiding going into seriously-dark territory in order to keep the site friendly for younger players, but if Outpost One is the only surviving enclave of humans, I can't help but feel our scientists would be dealing with some existential dread, as well as the knowledge that any friends or family they had before they went into cryostasis are dead, and possibly died horribly at that.

Messages In This Thread
How "post-apocalyptic" is the world, really? - by FennecFyre - 05-09-2021, 10:47 PM