• 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Breeding Genetics /Appearance Predictor with GUI
(07-29-2020, 10:21 AM)Virida Wrote:
(07-29-2020, 04:26 AM)Danafox Wrote: I have a question, would it be possible to be able to create a website that has everything coded and that can allow people to just add their codes of their pets and then do a preview to see what are the possible color combos etc that they can breed?

Basically my line of thinking is that of Flight Rising's gene predictor, it shows you what the genes look like (for when you mod your dragons) but also shows possibilities for the babies color range.

I'm just curious if it would be possible to setup a website that way folks don't have to download any programs at all (not everyone understands these things after all).

Sorry if I'm asking for too much...

If a program that has instructions gets made, I'll try it out as soon as it's available =)

I am in the same boat as BlueLatios, I can program but I am not good with websites. That´s sadly a related but not entirely overlapping skillset.

I think (hope?) eventually such features will be part of the actual game, like with Flightrising. In the mean time I see it as a fun project where I can try some things coding-wise that I wanted to try out anyway with the added benefit that it is sort-of useful for this game.
My PredictOMat is pretty easy to use and has some instructions inside, so you might want to give it a try. If you need further help I am always happy to provide further instructions and help :)

I am currently working on a "predict appearance" part for it, that basically works like Flightrising´s "predict morphology" feature. It´s also tied in the breeding prediction part, so you just click on one of the results and it gets added to the preview. Currently it only works for Cimos and Jellies but I might just upload it anyway so people can give it a try :)
[Image: PredictOMatMorphology.png]

That's very cool! Yeah I'll try it for sure, are you hopefully adding all the other creatures into it slowly but surely right?
[Image: 0g6bq1.png][Image: 6yFqR1.png][Image: KnDxV1.png][Image: 6a1Q01.png][Image: cdetu1.png][Image: RfVmI1.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Breeding Genetics Predictor with GUI - by Danafox - 07-30-2020, 05:11 AM