• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
How do you organize your lab?
Hello everyone!

As I was curious (as always) and as I didn't saw a thread on the subject, I wanted to ask you about your lab organization!

I think I'm a bit too much in terms of dividing into tabs, setting goals, naming creatures, but it's actually my favorite part of these kind of games. ^-^

So, I will begin!

Tabs: I have one tab for growing capsules, one tab for each species and one tab for the market.
Names: It's my favorite part! My names have a structure like "ID_CODE GENERATION NAME". I did a spreadsheet that converts genes into a code. For example, when a gene has a AABBCC format, I code each possibility with a letter, and when a gene has a AABB or AA format, it's with a number. It's a bit different for each species. For example, I want my Cielarkas to be listed by the order of the wing gene, so the code will start with the letter of the wing gene. Then, I put the generation (G1, G2...). And finally, there is a name, in the form of a french word (my native language). As french words are gendered, I choose words for males and females depending of the gender of the word.
Goals: When it's possible, I want to collect every appearances of a species. I did it for the Glacia Alsaltos, because every combination of genes gives 3*3*3=27 different appearances. When it's not really possible, like the Monta Selos with 9*9*9=729 combinations, my goal is to have at least one copy of every gene. That's why I put some care into naming the creatures!

Well, that's it for now! I would love to know how you do it, what kind of fun do you have with organizing, or even if you don't like it at all!
[Image: coacp3.png]
« Pas de patience, pas de science. »

Messages In This Thread
How do you organize your lab? - by Prof Sunshine - 05-03-2022, 10:46 AM
RE: How do you organize your lab? - by Virida - 05-03-2022, 11:28 AM
RE: How do you organize your lab? - by Kiya - 05-03-2022, 11:50 AM
RE: How do you organize your lab? - by Teg741 - 05-04-2022, 03:49 PM
RE: How do you organize your lab? - by Zeyhva - 05-06-2022, 07:00 PM
RE: How do you organize your lab? - by klapollo - 11-17-2022, 06:09 PM
RE: How do you organize your lab? - by Byinkko - 01-21-2023, 02:28 PM
RE: How do you organize your lab? - by Tala2121 - 10-18-2023, 09:37 AM