• 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
how often do you name ur creatures?
I try to name all of my critters (well, minus this rounding error, who is a reference to this, and minus solstice event gift creatures, which currently get named after the sender - although I might move the info to notes at some point and go on a naming spree) and I try to do it uniquely per species, with the exception of my Frida Fisistos and Senvida Nagantos, where I have a naming scheme based on their genes.

For example, Senvida Nagantos with "AaBb - Green" fins all have the surname 'Bloom', and Senvida Nagantos with "AABB - Orange" fins all have the surname 'Fire'. All Senvida Nagantos with Body:AABb (Tarnished Copper) and Scales:AaBB (Silver) begin their names with "Pale". So a Senvida Naganto with the genes Body:AABb, Scales:AaBB, Fins:AaBb is "Pale Bloom" and Senvida Naganto with the genes Body:AABb, Scales:AaBB, Fins:AABB is "Pale Fire". Gene combos with no mixed case genes (e.g. Body:aaBB, Scales:AAbb, Fins:AABB or Body:aabb, Scales:aabb, Fins:aabb) get a single-word name, e.g. Chrome.

This naming system is super satisfying to me and sometimes churns out evocative combinations like Dark Storm, Serene Night, Radiant Sun, Desert Bloom, et cetera.
pinkgothic @ schlaugh | The Final Outpost
I am the right person to complain to about NEMO's Ark (The Final Outpost clicksite)
Typically available in #dataclaw on irc.darkmyst.org (as Dread, Valcen or Taika{Work})
[ pronouns: ve/vis/ver - but not picky, use what you like! ]
[Image: hKUxm.png]

Messages In This Thread
how often do you name ur creatures? - by jellyjam - 03-14-2024, 09:19 PM
RE: how often do you name ur creatures? - by pinkgothic - 03-15-2024, 12:42 AM