The Final Outpost
New Species Discovered - Printable Version

+- The Final Outpost (https://forum.finaloutpost.net)
+-- Forum: The Final Outpost (https://forum.finaloutpost.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Announcements (https://forum.finaloutpost.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: New Species Discovered (/showthread.php?tid=1266)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: New Species Discovered - dustpuppy - 12-22-2022

Aaaaah my first Degela Koro to grow up is the cutest! I wish we could already show them off. Now to keep my fingers crossed for a black hyena with stripes...

RE: New Species Discovered - frankenstein - 12-24-2022

I haven't seen a single one so far D: I hope I can grab one before they disappear

RE: New Species Discovered - dustpuppy - 12-24-2022

(12-24-2022, 12:39 AM)frankenstein Wrote: I haven't seen a single one so far D: I hope I can grab one before they disappear

Try at the top of the hour, or right at every 5 minute drop (in case you're not already doing that). There are also some for trade in the Market. Good hunting!

RE: New Species Discovered - frankenstein - 12-27-2022

(12-24-2022, 11:58 AM)dustpuppy Wrote:
(12-24-2022, 12:39 AM)frankenstein Wrote: I haven't seen a single one so far D: I hope I can grab one before they disappear

Try at the top of the hour, or right at every 5 minute drop (in case you're not already doing that). There are also some for trade in the Market. Good hunting!

Thanks! I managed to grab a few of each early in the morning c:

RE: New Species Discovered - j4v4 - 12-28-2022

hyena pupy

RE: New Species Discovered - dustpuppy - 01-04-2023

Wait, why do the Osta Frakasos have a gene for... does that mean... *runs to the click thread* oooh!

RE: New Species Discovered - GuesssWho - 01-05-2023

(01-04-2023, 07:00 PM)dustpuppy Wrote: Wait, why do the Osta Frakasos have a gene for... does that mean... *runs to the click thread* oooh!

So which gene is 'antlers yes'? They have a fairly confused setup.

RE: New Species Discovered - pinkgothic - 01-05-2023

(01-05-2023, 07:35 AM)GuesssWho Wrote:
(01-04-2023, 07:00 PM)dustpuppy Wrote: Wait, why do the Osta Frakasos have a gene for... does that mean... *runs to the click thread* oooh!

The Osta Frakasos actually never have any! But they can breed with the Rida Frakasos, which do sometimes have antlers (see their species description, or look at grown Rida Frakasos in the Click Thread!), so they need the gene for compatibility.

Compare the Glacia Alsaltos, who have a 'Fire' gene, even though they never display fire markings like the Klara Alsaltos that they can breed with (and conversely, the Klara Alsaltos have an 'Ice' gene, even though they never display ice markings). :)

RE: New Species Discovered - dustpuppy - 01-05-2023

(01-05-2023, 03:17 PM)pinkgothic Wrote:
(01-05-2023, 07:35 AM)GuesssWho Wrote:

The Osta Frakasos actually never have any! But they can breed with the Rida Frakasos, which do sometimes have antlers (see their species description, or look at grown Rida Frakasos in the Click Thread!), so they need the gene for compatibility.

Compare the Glacia Alsaltos, who have a 'Fire' gene, even though they never display fire markings like the Klara Alsaltos that they can breed with (and conversely, the Klara Alsaltos have an 'Ice' gene, even though they never display ice markings). :)

Aaah I love it, this is what I'm here for!

RE: New Species Discovered - Kiwiana - 01-14-2023

Will the Rida Frakaso vanish at the 15th as well or do they stay available over the year?