The Final Outpost
Spooky season is upon us! - Printable Version

+- The Final Outpost (https://forum.finaloutpost.net)
+-- Forum: The Final Outpost (https://forum.finaloutpost.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Announcements (https://forum.finaloutpost.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Spooky season is upon us! (/showthread.php?tid=1218)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Spooky season is upon us! - Corteo - 10-31-2022

(10-31-2022, 12:09 PM)Bronzewinged Wrote: Problems with the fossil ball puzzle.
Any refresh makes it be marked as "complete" and then unable to be played anymore. No trophy either as I've cleared it once and wanted to take a look.

You can access the game at any time from the menu.  World -> Fossil Airbrush

RE: Spooky season is upon us! - pinkgothic - 10-31-2022

...are those first critters squid-spiders? SQUIDERS? :D

RE: Spooky season is upon us! - rileypillow - 10-31-2022

I love the creatures so far, I can't wait to see what they grow into!
I'm really excited now there are molluscs in the game, and those spooky deer look interesting (translation of their name is tar antler, don't know what they'll be but it sounds cool!)

RE: Spooky season is upon us! - JaySovereign - 10-31-2022

Some transparency would be much appreciated when it comes to the game. It hasn't seem to have been fixed and we don't know how many times we'll have to uncover the fossil get that something hinted in the first post. Even after hours, I've only still managed to uncover it once. Please please fix the keyboard controls.

RE: Spooky season is upon us! - Virida - 10-31-2022

(10-31-2022, 10:45 PM)JaySovereign Wrote: Some transparency would be much appreciated when it comes to the game. It hasn't seem to have been fixed and we don't know how many times we'll have to uncover the fossil get that something hinted in the first post. Even after hours, I've only still managed to uncover it once. Please please fix the keyboard controls.
You do not have to clear the board, you get points regardless and points are what is relevant.
Could you be more specific what does not work and which browser you are using on what device?
I played earlier on pc (firefox) and did not encounter any problems

RE: Spooky season is upon us! - dustpuppy - 10-31-2022

(10-31-2022, 10:56 PM)Virida Wrote: You do not have to clear the board, you get points regardless and points are what is relevant.

Oh that is a relief! Although I would also like more info, like how many points are needed?

RE: Spooky season is upon us! - JaySovereign - 10-31-2022

(10-31-2022, 10:56 PM)Virida Wrote:
(10-31-2022, 10:45 PM)JaySovereign Wrote: Some transparency would be much appreciated when it comes to the game. It hasn't seem to have been fixed and we don't know how many times we'll have to uncover the fossil get that something hinted in the first post. Even after hours, I've only still managed to uncover it once. Please please fix the keyboard controls.
You do not have to clear the board, you get points regardless and points are what is relevant.
Could you be more specific what does not work and which browser you are using on what device?
I played earlier on pc (firefox) and did not encounter any problems

Well, first let's start with they keyboard controls. I'm also on pc using firefox. The thing at the bottom flies all the way to the side and becomes unresponsive. So, I tried the mouse controls and they're okay-ish for the most part, only the thing will stick to the sides of the walls and become unresponsive if you touch said walls. It will also go in the opposite direction and become unresponsive randomly. I've been a single brick away from winning the game a few times and have lost because of it. I have only cleared the board twice.

At least tell us how much we need to go through this to get the badge or whatever it is as this isn't very enjoyable...

RE: Spooky season is upon us! - Virida - 11-01-2022

Have you tried using a different browser, e.g. Edge?

RE: Spooky season is upon us! - JaySovereign - 11-01-2022

(11-01-2022, 01:02 AM)Virida Wrote: Have you tried using a different browser, e.g. Edge?

I'm not downloading a browser I don't need just to play the game better. Like I said, more transparency is needed with things like this as I'm pretty sure the "surprise" was just getting the game unlocked and there being no badge to begin with.

RE: Spooky season is upon us! - Corteo - 11-01-2022

(11-01-2022, 04:47 AM)JaySovereign Wrote:
(11-01-2022, 01:02 AM)Virida Wrote: Have you tried using a different browser, e.g. Edge?

I'm not downloading a browser I don't need just to play the game better. Like I said, more transparency is needed with things like this as I'm pretty sure the "surprise" was just getting the game unlocked and there being no badge to begin with.

Since you are the only person experiencing the problem, the first step to fixing anything is to isolate the problem.  Hence the suggestion to check in another browser if you experience similar behavior.