Lab || Den || Scroll || Lair 
Some recent creatures:
[Image: P0lmJ3.png]

[Image: udoLa3.png][Image: Kod3q3.png][Image: t8Dc83.png]

[Image: UAXSW3.png][Image: c5hTx3.png]
Daily Showcase:
[Image: KvQtd3.png][Image: zzH0h3.png][Image: rMyYm3.png][Image: QFTwi3.png]
here are some of my Favs:
[Image: UrANH3.png][Image: t3jZw3.png][Image: uf7dl3.png][Image: aNEs53.png][Image: UTFTL3.png][Image: g6rln3.png][Image: Fv5gO3.png][Image: A5Dne3.png][Image: R8MGQ3.png][Image: dbrFt3.png][Image: OMBdD3.png][Image: xJrZK3.png][Image: hdeAP3.png]
regards, lamel

[Image: 8lDfr3.png][Image: gffDA3.png][Image: xgdtg3.png][Image: vIKL03.png][Image: SJOU03.png][Image: oyXwz3.png][Image: IlGkl3.png][Image: cdANe3.png][Image: ziCRu3.png]
Some recent new pretties:
[Image: GtjLJ3.png][Image: A4QeW3.png][Image: vEj8a3.png][Image: 5567l3.png][Image: 1yoLI3.png][Image: e82NA3.png]
We’re playing together / And it’s going well / And maybe we’ll go back / To cryosleep, who can tell?
I guess there is no one to blame / We’re splicing genes (splicing genes) / Will things ever be the same again?
It’s the final outpost / Da da daaa daaa / Da da da da daaa / The final outpost.

[Image: 0vgPQ3.png] * [Image: 202485.png][Image: 1019930.png] * [Image: 1AzEq3.png] * [Image: CCTml3.png] * [Image: MiqGl3.png] * [Image: FPIOg3.png]
My favourites of this year's halloween:
[Image: 9qIcI3.png][Image: l0l203.png][Image: Ket5f3.png][Image: 7CoHE3.png][Image: rQ6kr3.png]
[Image: g3SZK3.png][Image: sf2nL3.png][Image: kq3oN3.png][Image: 7thUc3.png]

And bonus Minuskla Casadisto because he's perfect:
[Image: JlqSy3.png]
We’re playing together / And it’s going well / And maybe we’ll go back / To cryosleep, who can tell?
I guess there is no one to blame / We’re splicing genes (splicing genes) / Will things ever be the same again?
It’s the final outpost / Da da daaa daaa / Da da da da daaa / The final outpost.

[Image: 0vgPQ3.png] * [Image: 202485.png][Image: 1019930.png] * [Image: 1AzEq3.png] * [Image: CCTml3.png] * [Image: MiqGl3.png] * [Image: FPIOg3.png]
Some of my personal favorite critters 

[Image: TvAka3.png][Image: qY0J73.png][Image: QzCVv3.png][Image: QnCu03.png]
(12-22-2022, 10:38 AM)Kage983 Wrote: [Image: QzCVv3.png][Image: QnCu03.png]

Oh those Luna Hundos are awesome!

Here are my favourites from this year's winter solstice release:
[Image: cbkzn3.png][Image: noxcz3.png][Image: 3Ah3f3.png][Image: PWdRo3.png][Image: mrs7W3.png][Image: ktj0k3.png]
[Image: lNXWO3.png][Image: KMl4r3.png][Image: Tlxkh3.png][Image: gP7nG3.png][Image: O6v993.png]

I'm new, but I do have a favorite creature already. I don't know much about the creatures yet, which genetics are common or rare, etc, and Rakesh is probably nothing special, but I love him. I was thrilled to see he had blue eyes.
[Image: 5kj8O3.png]

Just wanted to take a minute to thank the artists here for their absolutely fantastic work on these creatures. I'm totally enjoying all of them. :)
[Image: dragon-tattoo.jpg]  [Image: 1vzRx2.png]
(01-05-2023, 09:03 AM)DragonShadow Wrote: I'm new, but I do have a favorite creature already. I don't know much about the creatures yet, which genetics are common or rare, etc, and Rakesh is probably nothing special, but I love him. I was thrilled to see he had blue eyes. 
[Image: 5kj8O3.png]

Just wanted to take a minute to thank the artists here for their absolutely fantastic work on these creatures.  I'm totally enjoying all of them. :)

As a quick estimate of genetic rarity, you can look at how many pairs of characters look like Xx (e.g. Aa, Bb, Cc) and which look like xx or XX (e.g. AA, bb, BB, CC, aa). Xx forms are twice as common as xx.* Specifically, if there's a gene that only has one pair of characters, there's a 50% chance for that pair to be Aa, a 25% chance for that pair to be aa, and a 25% chance for that pair to be AA.

An Ebena Kuranto with all 27 character pairs in the Xx form would be the most common possibly Ebena Kuranto. (Still quite rare in absolute terms, because of how many pairs there are! The chance of picking one up from the cupboard is only 0,000000745%.)

An Ebena Kuranto with all 27 character pairs in either the xx or XX form would be the least common possible Ebena Kuranto. (The chance of picking a specific one up from the cupboard is only ~0,000000000000005%.**)

Yours has more xx/XX forms than Xx. There's a 0,000000000000284% chance someone would pick that particular gene combo out of the cupboard.

That said, genetics and appearance are not the same thing! Especially for creatures with very complex genes like the Ebena Kuranto, there are often several genes that have the same appearance, e.g. "Body:AaBbCc" and "Body:AaBbcc" are both "Chestnut", and most "Markings" are no markings at all, most "Wings" are no wings at all, et cetera.

If you're wondering how likely it is someone would get a horse with the exact same appearance, that's a different can of worms (that chance is much, much higher). That said, if you want to breed your creatures, the genes are still the important part, since they will tell you how easily (or sometimes even whether) you can try getting a particular kind of offspring.

That was probably more than you wanted to know, but I hope this was still useful to you. :)

_______
*This isn't true for the species that the site has designated rare, like Kosmira Girafo, because the site wants to be fair to collectors, but it is true for all the common species.
**But there are also about 134 217 728 different possible kinds of Ebena Kurantos this is true for, which gives you a 0,000000745% chance of getting any Ebena Kuranto like that from the cupboard. So you're actually just as likely to get a random Ebena Kuranto that is that rare as you are to get the "most common" Ebena Kuranto (this is mathematically true for all (common) species, by the way)... but much less likely to get a specific gene combination that is that rare.
pinkgothic @ schlaugh | The Final Outpost
I am the right person to complain to about NEMO's Ark (The Final Outpost clicksite)
Typically available in #dataclaw on irc.darkmyst.org (as Dread, Valcen or Taika{Work})
[ pronouns: ve/vis/ver - but not picky, use what you like! ]
[Image: hKUxm3.png]
since notes are out wanted to share some nice Ridas I aquired. :D
[Image: QbwI33.png][Image: 5fjWK3.png][Image: 2IGpV3.png][Image: pZEc63.png]
 Always remember to smile.
~
Lab || Den || Scroll || Lair