• 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
SPOILERS || Quest support
Quote:The two alphabets don't align very well, try counting letters to make sure you've got the right ones matched 
It should be "It is" instead of JU JT

Thanks for pointing that out! The forum seems to ignore the double spaces I used to align the letters properly -_-
I exchanged it for an image now!
i think i missed something cause i did what others have done except i wrote both cypher and alphabet from top to bottom in wordpad, like this:

A = G

D = T

i think i got the message right but it keeps saying its wrong. so am i missing something?
(03-13-2021, 05:52 AM)Dragonssong43 Wrote: i think i missed something cause i did what others have done except i wrote both  cypher and alphabet from top to bottom in wordpad, like this:

A = G

D = T

i think i got the message right but it keeps saying its wrong.  so am i missing something?

Did you remember to put the comma after the first word?
(I do not know if it causes a 'wrong' message when it is left out, but that is the only thing I can come up with when everything is correct^^)
[Image: oL2bU3.png][Image: 2881655w4z0seehym.gif][Image: 6yPVd.png] 
Not only scientist, but also author of these (german) scifi books^^
Question 
(03-13-2021, 02:58 PM)Kiwiana Wrote:
(03-13-2021, 05:52 AM)Dragonssong43 Wrote: i think i missed something cause i did what others have done except i wrote both  cypher and alphabet from top to bottom in wordpad, like this:

A = G

D = T

i think i got the message right but it keeps saying its wrong.  so am i missing something?

Did you remember to put the comma after the first word?
(I do not know if it causes a 'wrong' message when it is left out, but that is the only thing I can come up with when everything is correct^^)
but i only see one and its in the middle of the decoded message. i is confused.
Quote:i think i missed something cause i did what others have done except i wrote both  cypher and alphabet from top to bottom in wordpad, like this:

A = G

D = T

Can you post your decoded message? Usually it's a typo or missing letter/word
(03-13-2021, 10:25 PM)Virida Wrote:
Quote:i think i missed something cause i did what others have done except i wrote both  cypher and alphabet from top to bottom in wordpad, like this:

A = G

D = T

Can you post your decoded message? Usually it's a typo or missing letter/word
here: as we have received no word yet from any other outpost in our immedate area or beyond, it is our current belief that we are the only remaining one. never mind i found it. went back to look and missed an i. but thanks for the help. sometimes it takes more then one pair of eys to catch something!
(03-11-2021, 04:14 PM)Virida Wrote: Quest FAQ

This FAQ will address some recurring issues many players seem to have trouble with. Where possible hints will be given in stages so you can decide yourself if you just want a little nudge in the right direction or outright skip to the answer. To make spoilered hints visible just highlight them, their font colour is set to transparent.

The Communications Tower
Q: The password I found did not work?
A: There are several red herrings, are you sure you have already explored everything? Please also make sure to always enter the first password again before entering the second when you have left in between, it resets.

Q: I am sure I looked everywhere, what are the possible passwords hidden around the tower?
A : hitchhiker, 6x7, 42, piscinebabbler

Q: I have tried every combination of those but I am still stumped, what do I have to do?
A: You do not need to combine the passwords, they work as they are

Q: I have tried everything, what is the solution?
A: password1: hitchhiker, password2: piscinebabbler

The Shady Caverns
Q: I am lost in the caves, any help?
A: Map

An Encrypted Message
Q: I have translated the message but the quest tells me I made a mistake, do I have to be careful with punctuation?
A: No, capitalisation, punctuation and any additional spaces are ignored. Please make sure to check your spelling. If you are sure everything is correct feel free to post and ask for help!

Q: I have the keyword but how do I use it to translate the message?
A: The keyword is used to tell you how the letters in the alphabet have been shifted to create the scrambled message. There are two ways to do that.
    1) C A R O L B D E F.... X Y Z    -> start with B after the keyword (because A is already in it) and write out all remaining letters in alphabetical order
    2) C A R O L M N P... Y Z B D E ...K -> start with M after the keyword because it is the next letter after the L and then write out all remaining letters in alphabetical order, start at the beginning after Z
One of these methods leads to gibberish, the other gives you a reasonable message.

Q: I have used the keyword to create and alternate alphabet but how do I use it to translate the message?
A: Write the regular alphabet next to the alternate one. Find the letter in your message in the alternate alphbet. The letter next to it in the regular alphabet is the translation.
    Example:
C A R O L B D E F  - message:    ACO
A B C D E F G H I  - translation: BAD

Q: Can´t you just post the correct alphabet for the translation?
A: Here it is as an image because the forum keeps messing up my formatting

Q: I still cannot do it, any further help?
A: If you absolutely want to you can try entering your text on a site that tries to brute force it. That approach does not always give you perfect results though so beware.
Try searching for "substitution cypher brute force" and you should find sites that help you
I've tried all of the things that came to my mind for the message, but it is still incorrect. Here is what I think is correct but is wrong: CAROL,MNPQRXTUVWXYZ

Plz help! tysm!
(03-14-2021, 09:44 PM)Featherfoot Wrote: I've tried all of the things that came to my mind for the message, but it is still incorrect. Here is what I think is correct but is wrong: CAROL,MNPQRXTUVWXYZ

Plz help! tysm!

You have half of the alphabet needed to translate the message. In the quest you actually have to send the translated message to Marsh, not the cypher.
If you are unsure how to use the cypher-alphabet to translate the message please take another look at the FAQ, I have explained it there :)
(03-15-2021, 01:05 AM)Virida Wrote:
(03-14-2021, 09:44 PM)Featherfoot Wrote: I've tried all of the things that came to my mind for the message, but it is still incorrect. Here is what I think is correct but is wrong: CAROL,MNPQRXTUVWXYZ

Plz help! tysm!

You have half of the alphabet needed to translate the message. In the quest you actually have to send the translated message to Marsh, not the cypher.
If you are unsure how to use the cypher-alphabet to translate the message please take another look at the FAQ, I have explained it there :)
I am so stumped. I tried everything, and I am sending it to Marsh. I looked at the FAQ, but I don't see the answer. Maybe I'm just dumb. Anyways, thanks for trying to help!
(03-15-2021, 01:57 AM)Featherfoot Wrote: I am so stumped. I tried everything, and I am sending it to Marsh. I looked at the FAQ, but I don't see the answer. Maybe I'm just dumb. Anyways, thanks for trying to help!

You have created most of the alphabet you need, the whole thing is found here

The upper letters are the letters in the message the quest gives you. You then look up which letter in the lower alphabet matches it.
Like the quest says "ACO", the translation would be "BAD". Once you have tranlated the whole sentence you send it to Marsh