• 4 Vote(s) - 4.75 Average
TFO Peer Review Click Site
(01-16-2022, 01:58 PM)pinkgothic Wrote:
(12-18-2021, 02:38 AM)pinkgothic Wrote: Wanted to post and mention that lab-loading seems to be broken for me again. fetch.php has a 200, but this content:

Code:
<br />
<b>Fatal error</b>:  Uncaught PDOException: SQLSTATE[22001]: String data, right truncated: 1406 Data too long for column 'name' at row 1 in /<snip>/creature.php:234

(Stack trace snipped, same with full path to creature.php file.)

Nope, this is happening again. I assume this has something to do with how I name my creatures (e.g. this juvie)? I'm not 100%ly sure why that would be; your DB has no reason to store names that I can see from the UI. Maybe just consider dropping that field altogether?

FYI, this is still happening. (My workaround is to rename the offending juvenline temporarily, then fix the name back up, so I'm not blocked by it, but it's admittedly mildly annoying.)
pinkgothic @ schlaugh | The Final Outpost
I am the right person to complain to about NEMO's Ark (The Final Outpost clicksite)
Typically available in #dataclaw on irc.darkmyst.org (as Dread, Valcen or Taika{Work})
[ pronouns: ve/vis/ver - but not picky, use what you like! ]
[Image: hKUxm3.png]
Hi not sure if u will see this any time soon, but the TFO site is broken for me, I cannot see anyone's pets at all to click and it has been this way for several months.

Is the site just not going to be kept up to date anymore? Is there a different site to use now that I might not know about (cause I'm kinda outta the loop)?
[Image: 0g6bq1.png][Image: 6yFqR1.png][Image: KnDxV1.png][Image: 6a1Q01.png][Image: cdetu1.png][Image: RfVmI1.png]
I can use the site to add my creatures, but not to get points anymore, because there is an issue with inframing. When the creature's site opens to the right it always says to sign-up or log-in, but that is not possible, error messages. I am logged in TFO anyway already then, but that just doesn't get recognized. I tried Firefox and MS Edge.
[Image: oL2bU3.png][Image: 2881655w4z0seehym.gif][Image: 6yPVd.png] 
Not only scientist, but also author of these (german) scifi books^^
And atm for days it does not show my creatures when I enter my name to open the lab. The (un)select all and submit and cancel buttons are there, but nothing else.
(05-19-2023, 05:56 PM)Kiwiana Wrote: And atm for days it does not show my creatures when I enter my name to open the lab. The (un)select all and submit and cancel buttons are there, but nothing else.

Checking with Chrome dev tools and trying to load your lab, it looks like you're running into the bug that one of your growing creatures has too long a name ("Caala x Dapple III 7th - waiting 4 wings" is my guess). For some reason the site tries to store names in its database, even though it doesn't display them, and it has a shorter maximum limit than The Final Outpost, so sometimes it just crashes.

Try unnaming "Caala x Dapple III 7th - waiting 4 wings" temporarily, loading your lab and submitting creatures, then re-adding the troublemaker's name. :)
I am the right person to complain to about NEMO's Ark (The Final Outpost clicksite)
Typically available in #dataclaw on irc.darkmyst.org (as Dread, Valcen or Taika{Work})
(10-31-2022, 02:44 AM)Danafox Wrote: Hi not sure if u will see this any time soon, but the TFO site is broken for me, I cannot see anyone's pets at all to click and it has been this way for several months.

Is the site just not going to be kept up to date anymore? Is there a different site to use now that I might not know about (cause I'm kinda outta the loop)?

Same here.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Away
(06-12-2023, 11:52 AM)Tenhi Wrote:
(10-31-2022, 02:44 AM)Danafox Wrote: Hi not sure if u will see this any time soon, but the TFO site is broken for me, I cannot see anyone's pets at all to click and it has been this way for several months.

Same here.

I can see and click pets. It takes a moment for them to load but then it works. You have to accept cookies though, could that be it?
We’re playing together / And it’s going well / And maybe we’ll go back / To cryosleep, who can tell?
I guess there is no one to blame / We’re splicing genes (splicing genes) / Will things ever be the same again?
It’s the final outpost / Da da daaa daaa / Da da da da daaa / The final outpost.

[Image: 0vgPQ3.png] * [Image: 202485.png][Image: 1019930.png] * [Image: 1AzEq3.png] * [Image: CCTml3.png] * [Image: MiqGl3.png] * [Image: FPIOg3.png]
(05-19-2023, 08:20 PM)pinkgothic Wrote:
(05-19-2023, 05:56 PM)Kiwiana Wrote: And atm for days it does not show my creatures when I enter my name to open the lab. The (un)select all and submit and cancel buttons are there, but nothing else.

Checking with Chrome dev tools and trying to load your lab, it looks like you're running into the bug that one of your growing creatures has too long a name ("Caala x Dapple III 7th - waiting 4 wings" is my guess). For some reason the site tries to store names in its database, even though it doesn't display them, and it has a shorter maximum limit than The Final Outpost, so sometimes it just crashes.

Try unnaming "Caala x Dapple III 7th - waiting 4 wings" temporarily, loading your lab and submitting creatures, then re-adding the troublemaker's name. :)

Nah I don't think that is the problem, it is like every few days my lair is loaded (even with 12 pets with that name by now) for a day or two and inbetween it is not, so I just hope it loads it even tho I don't see anything^^ Also I use Nemo's, but I sure wished we had some more just to make growing faster.
(06-13-2023, 07:30 PM)Kiwiana Wrote: Nah I don't think that is the problem,

It was definitely the problem back when I checked. :) And it's also the problem right now.
(06-14-2023, 12:33 AM)pinkgothic Wrote:
(06-13-2023, 07:30 PM)Kiwiana Wrote: Nah I don't think that is the problem,

It was definitely the problem back when I checked. :) And it's also the problem right now.

you were right, I changed it just to try it out and it works since then^^

What gets really bad is the other thing though, this asking to sign up while one is logged in already. I got a new pc and no matter what browser I used (Firefox, Chrome, Safari) they all have that and when I click on "sign in" (even tho I am already in) it either shows an error message or even says the The Outpost does not accept the try (think that was with Chrome). So I guess you guys really should talk to make it work ;) The only computer it does work with is my very old laptop and it feels the newer everything gets, the less it works.