• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Winter Solstice 2020
After the insanity of The Fade where the artists recolored each creature individually (that’s a lie), we decided we would take it easy for the winter solstice celebration. And well… It kind of ballooned. We made a video game, made a second minigame, wrote a quest, tried to fix world hunger, and added gift sending. Unfortunately, we weren’t able to fix world hunger in time, so instead TFO has made a contribution to https://www.actionagainsthunger.org. If you are in a position this holiday season where you would also like to support a worthy cause, we would invite you to join us in fighting world hunger.

OUTPOST #1 – BULLETIN #89
PRIORITY: URGENT
PURPOSE: ANNOUNCEMENT
SUBJECT: NEWS, NEWS, AND MORE NEWS

Attention all scientists!

There is much news to share with you today as we enter the holiday season. Just because we’re scientists doesn’t mean we can’t enjoy a warm glass of nog or daydream of a crackling fireplace (just please, no more attempts at building a fire pit indoors. The fire alarms should not be disabled. If resources permit, we may be able to build a temporary or even permanent one outside later this season.)

First off: solstice celebrations are being planned!
If you’d like to help out with the planning and general logistics of these celebratory events, please contact Rosa Dhey. No event planning experience needed—just time, effort, and a can-do attitude. A celebratory Solstice dinner will kick off the holiday season tonight; extra dessert for anyone willing to wear an Avo Frosto hat! (Hats will be handed out at the cafeteria door.)

Second: are you missing a Muskbirdo?
There have been several recent sightings of a Muskbirdo loose in the outpost. We aren’t sure yet where it came from or what it’s doing, but it may have escaped a lab or slipped in through an open window (friendly reminder that windows should stay shut now to keep heating costs down.) If you have any information regarding this bird, please let Marsh know. We hope to capture the bird and return it to its rightful home as soon as possible.

Last (but not least): 
The manufacture of warm clothing is well underway, spearheaded by Soza Starrs. Requests will be handled in the order they come in. When venturing outside to explore, please remember to dress appropriately for the weather, bring food and fire-making supplies, and always let someone know where you are headed.

When we first awoke in our outpost, the last snows were just beginning to melt. Now, winter is beginning. It’s hard to believe so much time has passed already…keep up the good work!

Continue with the story here

To see a full schedule of the holiday event click here
Oh wow, after that huge Halloween event I didn't dare hope for such a big holiday event! I don't know where you find all that time. Thank you!
We’re playing together / And it’s going well / And maybe we’ll go back / To cryosleep, who can tell?
I guess there is no one to blame / We’re splicing genes (splicing genes) / Will things ever be the same again?
It’s the final outpost / Da da daaa daaa / Da da da da daaa / The final outpost.

[Image: 0vgPQ3.png] * [Image: 202485.png][Image: 1019930.png] * [Image: 1AzEq3.png] * [Image: CCTml3.png] * [Image: MiqGl3.png] * [Image: FPIOg3.png]
Challenges!
Also, yayy events! And once again, a lot of writing! Had a good reading session :D
Saltanta! <3
Oh this is going to be so much fun! I'm so glad there's a couple ways to get presents, I am no good at the Muskbirdo game but I can do sudoku. XD
oh boy another big event? your on a roll-
Cant wait to go through it.
+゚*。:゚+ .Any clicks given are very appreciated!+゚*。:゚+ .
+゚*。:゚+ .+゚*。:゚+ .+゚*。:゚+ .+゚*。:゚+ .+゚*。:゚+ .+゚*。:゚+ .
[Image: Halo--Cat.png]
So it keeps telling me I don't have all the squares filled in. Are we supposed to drag and drop the numbers in the right place? I'm on my phone so I just used the pencil thingy.
[Image: S7EBk3.png][Image: Fa7lF3.png][Image: TW1ld3.png][Image: JGoat3.png][Image: vV5Sc3.png]
ISO a Sabla Rego obtained on 17/10/2020.
(12-20-2020, 07:39 PM)TheWildOne Wrote: So it keeps telling me I don't have all the squares filled in. Are we supposed to drag and drop the numbers in the right place? I'm on my phone so I just used the pencil thingy.

The pencil is just for notes, when you're not sure yet. I'm on laptop but I tap the field I want and then the number, I guess it should work the same on a phone.
We’re playing together / And it’s going well / And maybe we’ll go back / To cryosleep, who can tell?
I guess there is no one to blame / We’re splicing genes (splicing genes) / Will things ever be the same again?
It’s the final outpost / Da da daaa daaa / Da da da da daaa / The final outpost.

[Image: 0vgPQ3.png] * [Image: 202485.png][Image: 1019930.png] * [Image: 1AzEq3.png] * [Image: CCTml3.png] * [Image: MiqGl3.png] * [Image: FPIOg3.png]
(12-20-2020, 07:46 PM)dustpuppy Wrote:
(12-20-2020, 07:39 PM)TheWildOne Wrote: So it keeps telling me I don't have all the squares filled in. Are we supposed to drag and drop the numbers in the right place? I'm on my phone so I just used the pencil thingy.

The pencil is just for notes, when you're not sure yet. I'm on laptop but I tap the field I want and then the number, I guess it should work the same on a phone.
Ah, yep. I was trying to drag and drop on my phone like the minesweeper.

User error. ?
[Image: S7EBk3.png][Image: Fa7lF3.png][Image: TW1ld3.png][Image: JGoat3.png][Image: vV5Sc3.png]
ISO a Sabla Rego obtained on 17/10/2020.
I'm having issues with one of the Sudoku puzzles; it keeps telling me it's not solved correctly. So, to check my work, I input my solution into a solver, and according to the solver, it's correct. So then, to test, I removed all of my own work and input the base puzzle in the solver and walked through it step by step, and even then it still says the solution is incorrect. I'm not sure what to do at this point?
how do you get to the games? :(( I've been doing the quest for a while and havent ran into anything
[Image: Untitled258-20200526143510.png]
[Image: JRIMm.png][Image: SpUao.png][Image: hqT6Y.png][Image: 1Lg31.png][Image: 85bGe.png]