• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Subspecies - Butterfly Bekos!
[Image: SBWqr.png][Image: kPDjr.png]
I think the answer lies in their ID as well. Could be that the presence of one from set of particular characters in the id code triggers the cimo's apearance? 

Just now I went through a few, and the first 4 I checked that had orange cimos all had an 'r' in their code. Thought I might've been on to something, but the 5th I checked blew that out of the water. Which made me think multiple characters, or specific combinations.
LIGHT SHINES BRIGHTEST IN THE DARK~
My theory is that it’s just determined by RNG with a very low probability of occurring!
✧/ᐠ-ꞈ-ᐟ\ my lab ✧*:・゚✧ my scroll /ᐠ。ꞈ。ᐟ\
I buy Fluganta Ratos for 70g! Message me here or DM me on discord (MinyMilo#9824)
[Image: 1snsn.png]
(12-13-2020, 12:59 AM)northxblue Wrote: Maybe you have to be raising a Cimo alongside them?

As much as I love this theory, these two just grew up and I haven't had a growing Cimo in weeks:
[Image: MrO5c.png] [Image: uxFI5.png]
We’re playing together / And it’s going well / And maybe we’ll go back / To cryosleep, who can tell?
I guess there is no one to blame / We’re splicing genes (splicing genes) / Will things ever be the same again?
It’s the final outpost / Da da daaa daaa / Da da da da daaa / The final outpost.

[Image: 0vgPQ3.png] * [Image: 202485.png][Image: 1019930.png] * [Image: 1AzEq3.png] * [Image: CCTml3.png] * [Image: MiqGl3.png] * [Image: FPIOg3.png]
AWW those two compliment each other so much!!!
I buy Fluganta Ratos for 70g! Message me here or DM me on discord (MinyMilo#9824)
I'll try to gather data for Bekos, and I assume it's purely RNG as well. Eventually, from a limited population sample, we may be able to estimate the rough chance of getting a Beko with a Cimo friend.
Sadly, I don't have any myself, yet >.<
Saltanta! <3
[Image: fE1ej.png]

I found this pal during the shelter flood! My first butterfly beko! This one is holding the cimo on their claws ;-; so cute
I've got this lass with a butterfly to add to the sample population

[Image: nNAQR.png]
[Image: E67V6dS.png]
[Image: PeOGI.png] I had to go hunting to see it wasn't just some odd glitch and was in fact a feature haha
my second one! this one is very chaotic ahhaha
[Image: OF61z.png]
[Image: UaJoj.png]I got this lovely lady after finding this thread. She looks so curious about her little friend. How sweet! Hope to contribute more soon!