Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Recipes
Share your favorite recipes here whether by link or by just writing it out. I'm bored out of my mind in quarantine and I need something new to make.

Here's my brownie recipe:

Ingredients:

3/4 Cup Cocoa Powder
2 Cups Sugar
1 Cup salted butter
4 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
1 and 1/4 cup flour
Pinch of salt

1. Preheat oven to 350F

2. In a large bowl combine cocoa powder and Sugar

3. Melt butter in the microwave. Use the wrappers to grease a 8in x 11in pan or whatever size pan you want to use.

4. Add melted butter to cocoa and sugar. Stir

5. Add eggs and vanilla. Stir

6. Add Flour and salt. Stir until no lumps are visible

7. Put mixture in your pan and put the pan in the oven for 30-45 mins. The larger your pan, the less time they will need to cook.

8. Stick a toothpick or fork or cake tester into the middle of the brownies. If it comes out clean, they're done.

I'll convert this into metric once my kitchen scale shows up in the mail Tongue

So, I actually have a cookbook I assembled with my own and other's recipes for another Discord server I'm in (Unofficial Dragon Cave Community Discord).

Here's the google doc link: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1dgN-...o7FzJPwUY/

Lots of variety there, from desserts to main courses. XD
I made these for a class once, they are little blueberry dumplings and they are SO GOOD. 

Blueberries
4 cups (600 g) frozen blueberries

½ cup sugar

1 Tbsp lemon zest

1 Tbsp lemon juice

Dumplings
1 ¾ cups flour

3 Tbsp sugar

2 tsp baking powder

½ tsp salt

¼ cup shortening

1 cup milk

Maple Whipped Cream
1 cup 35% whipping cream

3 Tbsp maple syrup

1 sprig mint, for garnish

Blueberries
1. In a large skillet or wide saucepan, combine and stir blueberries, sugar, lemon juice and zest. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until berries soften, about 3 minutes.

Dumplings
1. Make dumplings by whisking together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in large bowl. Add shortening and rub in with fingers or a pastry cutter until the mixture looks like fine meal. Add milk and stir just until combined.

2. Drop ¼ cup spoonfuls of dumpling batter on top of blueberry mixture in pan. Cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer until dumplings have steamed and are firm to the touch, 10 to 15 minutes.

Maple Whipped Cream
1. While dumplings are steaming, make maple cream. Combine cream and maple syrup in a large bowl. Using an electric mixer, beat until cream is stiff.

2. Scoop blueberry grunt into bowls and serve topped with maple cream and a sprig of mint.

10/10 

I love Stranga Sciuro's!!!
Lab 
////////////
please help my babies grow!!
Salmon Spread

Step 1: bake salmon in the oven (I recommend the salmon be flavored with pepper, lemon and herb, pinch of salt, and a little bit of Cajun seasoning)

Step 2: once the salmon has been baked and cooled, get a fork and knife to shred the salmon in the bowl

Step 3: place cream cheese (the amount depends on how much salmon you made, but for 2 thin salmon fillets you can use a 180g container. You want more cream cheese than salmon so it spreads easily)

Step 4: Add Cajun seasoning to the cream cheese and shredded salmon, then proceed to mix them together

Step 5 (isn't needed, but can be used): Mix in some dill with the salmon cream cheese spread

Best paired with:
French baguette, flaky croissants, white plain or sesame seed bagels, or another type of white bread
Chocolate Chia Seed Pudding

8 ounces of Whole Milk, Almond Milk or even Coconut Cream (my fav)
2 Tablespoons of Brown Sugar
1/4 cup Chia Seeds
2 Tablespoons of unsweetened Cocoa (or more depending on what you like)
1/2 to 1 Teaspoon of Instant Coffee (Optional)

Mix together thoroughly, use a wire whisk and/or spoon then refrigerate for two hours or overnight.
Pudding will be thick..possibly very thick so thin with milk if you want.
Eat and enjoy the chocolately bliss. smile
I have a recipe you might be interested in, I completely made it up as I went because I was using leftovers from the night before. I eyeballed most of the measurements though... Sad

vegetables:
1 tbsp coconut oil
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 tbsp sesame oil
1/2 tbsp minced refrigerated garlic
1 medium zucchini
1 medium carrot
3 leftover already cooked chicken thighs
a "handful" of leftover fresh, cooked green beans (probably about 15 leftover green beans)
a "handful" of fresh spinach leaves out of the bag (it's all that was left)
1.5 cups chopped kale leaves

sauce:
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp rice vinegar
1 tbsp sesame oil
1 tbsp brown sugar

-------------------
First, I chopped everything because zucchini will cook super faster. So, with a potato peeler, I sliced the zucchini into strips until I got so close to the middle it broke in half. Discarded because I dropped it on the floor...Sad I did the same with my carrot. Washed and sliced the first layer of skin into the garbage, and then using the potato peeler sliced it until I couldnt handle/slice anymore. Feed leftovers to husband. Then I chopped up my leftover thighs into thin slices, probably about 1.5cup of chicken. Next, washed and chopped about 1cup of kale.

I turned the skillet on high and heated the 3 tbsp of different oils and the garlic. After a minute or so the garlic began to sizzle, I turned the heat to medium and added the chicken, zucchini, and carrot strips. Stir it around, shake the pan, toss, etc make sure the zuccini gets moved around a lot. If you don't know, do not add salt to sliced zucchini while it is cooking because it will like... dissolve. it's really weird. I'm sorry I can't say exactly how long I shook and stirred the pan, it was until the carrot was al dente, then I added everything else except the spinach.

While it's sitting, I made the sauce. I started with 1tbsp of each of the sauce ingredients listed above, and ended up adding a tiny bit more of each thing until it tasted the way I wanted it. Tangy, slightly salty, sweet aftertaste. When all was said and done, I had a tiny less than 1/4 cup of sauce.

Return to the skillet, and begin to add small amount of sauce to vegetables. Now added the spinach, did a lot of stirring and tossing, because by now the zucchini is starting to get super thin and wilty. I kept tasting a piece of stuff after adding a little bit of sauce at a time until I liked the taste. Put lid over skillet and let the spinach wilt. I have a skillet that has 2 handles so while it was covered I was able to shake to make sure nothing burned.

I suppose this amount of vegetables made 4 servings, I'm not sure. Basically me and husband ate 2 bowls each, lmao

here's a picture I posted to my facebook (if it will load for yall)

I click the pets in your signatures
~ . * . ~
[Image: 12816483.gif][Image: 12816634.gif][Image: 12816494.gif][Image: 12814950.gif]