• 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Your GSP seems to be broken....
(10-26-2020, 11:13 PM)Mathcat Wrote: Now that I've started the quest, I see that it's oddly fitting that the hard drive on my ailing laptop died just as I opened this announcement the other day. The Fade is more contagious than we knew!

I'll let you know I literally laughed out loud at this. But ouch! Hope you had backups or can get your data back!

(10-26-2020, 10:02 AM)Corax Wrote: 10/10 would recommend taking actual notes, though. I’ve been trying to keep it all in my head and failing - even when I thought I had gotten it down.

Yes, I so agree! :D

Although now that I've gotten my gold participation badge I'm just playing on easy, where I can do it in my head without notes, but notes were very, very helpful in the other modes. :D
pinkgothic @ schlaugh | The Final Outpost
I am the right person to complain to about NEMO's Ark (The Final Outpost clicksite)
Typically available in #dataclaw on irc.darkmyst.org (as Dread, Valcen or Taika{Work})
[ pronouns: ve/vis/ver - but not picky, use what you like! ]
[Image: hKUxm3.png]
As the first thread is closed, I am putting my question here:
it was said there "Breeding will be available year round with varying success rates. " - does that mean if we breed them now, as long as the G1s drop, the success rates will be higher?
[Image: oL2bU3.png][Image: 2881655w4z0seehym.gif][Image: 6yPVd.png] 
Not only scientist, but also author of these (german) scifi books^^
What a great event! A lot of questions is popping in my mind, as well as comments.
Firstly, how to do the GPS? The preious thread mention I should get 1's, 0's, and _'s but I can't see them. Once I entered a four letter sequence, I see "...".
Secondly, I don't know how to guess it properly. Can we brute force our way here? I only beute force passwords and puzzles.
Thirdly, the people I have talked to are wrong. :P I'm a chemist, not a biolgist. I don't know what I'm doing. I'm not trained for this. But sssh! Don't tell.
And fourthly, what is this "zie" and "zim" I see when referring to Ash?
[Image: ZXFlMHv.png]
AsphodelSea
Registered Chemist
Licensed Hunter [Treasure Hunter; Ruins Hunter]

"Nothing in life is to be feared, it is only to be understood. Now is the time to understand more so that we may fear less . -Marie Curie
[Image: 169434.png][Image: 120910.png][Image: 126468.png][Image: 194054.png][Image: 188770.png]
(10-30-2020, 03:03 PM)AsphodelSea Wrote: Firstly, how to do the GPS? The preious thread mention I should get 1's, 0's, and _'s but I can't see them. Once I entered a four letter sequence, I see "...".

Do you have JavaScript enabled? If you do, you should be seeing something like this under the "Enter the correct genetic code" input box once you test a code:

Code:
Input: AAaa
> _ 1 0 0

(except with "AAaa" being the code you tested)

(10-30-2020, 03:03 PM)AsphodelSea Wrote: Secondly, I don't know how to guess it properly. Can we brute force our way here? I only brute force passwords and puzzles.

There are three threads on this forum that can help you out with the puzzle in the Support and Help and Site Discussion sections - there's "Little bit frustrated", "Confusing GSP is Confusing" (both in Support and Help) and Quick tips on the GSP (with pictures) (though I disagree with that last guide on what the best approach or even the easiest setting is, but it might work well for you, regardless! ^_^).

(10-30-2020, 03:03 PM)AsphodelSea Wrote: Thirdly, the people I have talked to are wrong. :P I'm a chemist, not a biolgist. I don't know what I'm doing. I'm not trained for this. But sssh! Don't tell.

Psst, your secret is safe with us.

(10-30-2020, 03:03 PM)AsphodelSea Wrote: And fourthly, what is this "zie" and "zim" I see when referring to Ash?

Those are gender-neutral pronouns! :) zie/zim like he/him or she/her.
pinkgothic @ schlaugh | The Final Outpost
I am the right person to complain to about NEMO's Ark (The Final Outpost clicksite)
Typically available in #dataclaw on irc.darkmyst.org (as Dread, Valcen or Taika{Work})
[ pronouns: ve/vis/ver - but not picky, use what you like! ]
[Image: hKUxm3.png]
@pinkgothic: Thank you for your help! I can see the Input with the black and green screen. But couldn't find the result. I think this is because I'm using an outdated Safari browser and on mobile. I will try on the desktop later and see if the issue persists. So apparently, it's like guessing the ATCG combination in DNA in Biology. The memories from that class is returning.

[Image: 89033392_2775198119231500_23598041794567...e=5FC13715]

As to the gender neutral nouns, I should have known. XD I thought they were a typo error or I'm just losing it. Hahaha!

Edit to update: I'm now using desktop and it's working fine now. The 0's and 1's are appearing. So apparently, it does not work on an (outdated) Safari browser on tablet.

Thank you! I did it with all your help! Took me all ten attempts.
[Image: CJ4ujEx.jpg]
[Image: ZXFlMHv.png]
AsphodelSea
Registered Chemist
Licensed Hunter [Treasure Hunter; Ruins Hunter]

"Nothing in life is to be feared, it is only to be understood. Now is the time to understand more so that we may fear less . -Marie Curie
[Image: 169434.png][Image: 120910.png][Image: 126468.png][Image: 194054.png][Image: 188770.png]