• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Something is amiss in the outpost....
Despite the guides there is one glaring problem is that regardless of what value the lower case letters supposedly are ascribed, you are, nonetheless, restricted to ABC and abc.

Furthermore even if you get a "_" as a result you still can't be certain what letter is correct because it is indicated that the "_" won't even tell you whether the sequence/letter that the "_" is ascribed to is correct so you could get -depending in the difficulty setting- (let's use the ill-named "Easy-Peasy" setting) three "_"
and you decide to input the same letters that got you the "_" and change the last letter then magically get all "1's" or zeroes.....

The mastermind tool is of no help to me really if the sequence is never a constant.
in short (assuming that the first letter you type is an A is deemed correct and shows a "_") you are still skunked because that "A" could mean that it's place is actually fourth down the line so you type three other letters while reserving the "A" in any other spot and that "_" disappears.

So what am I supposed to take away from this then? The only logical conclusion is that "A" was never correct and the real cruncher is that the sequence of the next sample is apparently different once again.
Good thing I brewed a pot of extra strong coffee.

I appreciate all the help and I really am trying but I am just not very adept at puzzles. :)

Messages In This Thread
Something is amiss in the outpost.... - by Corteo - 10-17-2020, 05:12 PM
RE: Something is amiss in the outpost.... - by BendyDemon - 10-23-2020, 05:53 PM