• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Something is amiss in the outpost....
So far the only thing I can conclude is that the "_" and "1's" basically mean the same thing.
A letter can illicit a "-" but doesn't necessarily mean it is the right spot only that it is part of the formula; conversely the same letter can produce a "1" which means it is still part of the formula but still not in the right spot.
So basically you are still skunked.

You can waste all 10 tries in an attempt to get the right letters and the right combinations; you can have a combination that produces all"1's" but if you try to rearrange those letters then all of a sudden you get a 1 and all zeroes even though you used the combination that indicates it is part of the formula.
Again it is all chance, I think.

What is doubly frustrating is one post says if I put in a letter combo like, say, Aabc and I get _100 then one post says it means that "A" is right and in the right spot so I input Abca( keeping A where it is) and I get all "0's" or 0001 which means that now A is no longer right but something else is. Odd....

Messages In This Thread
Something is amiss in the outpost.... - by Corteo - 10-17-2020, 05:12 PM
RE: Something is amiss in the outpost.... - by BendyDemon - 10-19-2020, 07:41 PM