• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Something is amiss in the outpost....
I would assume the 'Difficult' setting is easier because you have a wider range of letter combinations to use so you can use two letters like AA together as where with the other levels I don't think one can feasibly do that and expect results.....I think...
So far I've only gotten two correct. Frustrated, how do you find the new critters?
The new critters are in the cupboard, you just have to catch them. the text implies that they will become more common as the days go by and we are speculating a flood near/on halloween.
[Image: XnML43.png]
a corpse is talking.
I don't get that GSP thing, at all. What am I supposed to do?
Love the look of the new creatures and the gene sampling is fun. Plus I love the little names given to them.
(10-19-2020, 05:36 AM)nilihism Wrote: The new critters are in the cupboard, you just have to catch them. the text implies that they will become more common as the days go by and we are speculating a flood near/on halloween.

I really hope so, so far I only managed to catch one, seems I got a grub lol :)
[Image: oL2bU3.png][Image: 2881655w4z0seehym.gif][Image: 6yPVd.png] 
Not only scientist, but also author of these (german) scifi books^^
seriously, how does this sampling work?

I have
Input: BAAA
> _ 1 0 0
Input: BACA
> _ 1 1 0
Input: BACC
> 1 1 1 0
Input: BABA
> _ _ 0 0
Input: abca
> _ 0 0 0
Input: ABCA
> _ 1 1 0

I don't get it, am I looking for four 1's or what?
(10-19-2020, 12:22 PM)Thaliel Wrote: I don't get it, am I looking for four 1's or what?
What you want to aim for is four underscores (although once you get those, it just tells you that you've been successful, so you'll never see the four underscores). ^_^

A "1" tells you that one letter from your tested code is in the result code, but not in the position you put it in. A "_" tells you that one letter from your tested code is in the result code, in the exact position you put it in. So four underscores would mean that you've found all correct letters and put them into their correct places. (Four "1"s is still promising, though, because it means you found all the letters, you just need to rearrange them!)

The difficulty is in that the response doesn't tell you which input letters are which, so you need to make inferences. It's some work of careful reasoning, but don't give up! You'll get the hang of it. :)
pinkgothic @ schlaugh | The Final Outpost
I am the right person to complain to about NEMO's Ark (The Final Outpost clicksite)
Typically available in #dataclaw on irc.darkmyst.org (as Dread, Valcen or Taika{Work})
[ pronouns: ve/vis/ver - but not picky, use what you like! ]
[Image: hKUxm3.png]
BWAA-HAHAHAHAHA...I guess I am just not smart enough for this site.
Just when I think I am getting somewhere with the testing then I go back, literally to square one..
I get the underscores then I take the letters (the ones that registered the underscores) switch them around then get all "0's" or maybe a "1" even though they're the same numbers.

It's hilarious...
(10-19-2020, 05:36 PM)BendyDemon Wrote: BWAA-HAHAHAHAHA...I guess I am just not smart enough for this site.
Just when I think I am getting somewhere with the testing then I go back, literally to square one..
I get the underscores then I take the letters (the ones that registered the underscores) switch them around then get all "0's" or maybe a "1" even though they're the same numbers.

It's hilarious...

Careful! The underscores don't tell you which letter is right. One underscore in the result only tells you that one of the letters in your code is in the right place - there's no correspondence of the location of the underscore to the correctly placed letter.

Take another look at this post. Notice how "_ 0 0 0" in reaction to "AABB" did not necessarily mean that A is in position 1.

Differently worded: If you enter "AABB" and the code really is "cCBa", you will not get "0 0 _ 0", you will get "_ 0 0 0", which is telling you "one of the letters in the code you tested is in the right place". Which one of those letters it is, it won't tell you. You need to test additional codes to rule out constellations.
pinkgothic @ schlaugh | The Final Outpost
I am the right person to complain to about NEMO's Ark (The Final Outpost clicksite)
Typically available in #dataclaw on irc.darkmyst.org (as Dread, Valcen or Taika{Work})
[ pronouns: ve/vis/ver - but not picky, use what you like! ]
[Image: hKUxm3.png]