• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Something is amiss in the outpost....
What does it mean when I get the sequence right but got the wrong sample?
We’re playing together / And it’s going well / And maybe we’ll go back / To cryosleep, who can tell?
I guess there is no one to blame / We’re splicing genes (splicing genes) / Will things ever be the same again?
It’s the final outpost / Da da daaa daaa / Da da da da daaa / The final outpost.

[Image: 0vgPQ3.png] * [Image: 202485.png][Image: 1019930.png] * [Image: 1AzEq3.png] * [Image: CCTml3.png] * [Image: MiqGl3.png] * [Image: FPIOg3.png]
I believe that's just the flavor text, as long as you get the "Success!" message you completed it properly for the event / gold / progress.
My Lab  |  Girafo Enthusiast  |  My Scroll
Join us on Discord!
ah well never mind, I managed to work out three of them.

But what I could not find out yet, where do we get the new capsules that hatch into creatures? Only through solving the quest?
[Image: oL2bU3.png][Image: 2881655w4z0seehym.gif][Image: 6yPVd.png] 
Not only scientist, but also author of these (german) scifi books^^
The new capsules drop in the cupboard, they are not tied to the quest
Some of the success messages are getting a good guffaw from me. :D Loved the fell-asleep-at-the-keyboard one in particular. Waffleface, evidently!

In-character, I am very concerned that things might spread to the scientists, too! After all, it seems to be a highly prolific cross-species pathogen...

Out of curiosity, is there any way to speed up finding more samples? Is it a timed thing (pops up after some minutes have passed and you visit the site), does it show up after a certain number of pages viewed, or is it completely random and just a low chance event where gently mashing refresh on a page might help? Has anyone made observations? :D

Edit: From my experience so far, new samples seem to be time-based, with a bit of randomness thrown in after the time has elapsed.
pinkgothic @ schlaugh | The Final Outpost
I am the right person to complain to about NEMO's Ark (The Final Outpost clicksite)
Typically available in #dataclaw on irc.darkmyst.org (as Dread, Valcen or Taika{Work})
[ pronouns: ve/vis/ver - but not picky, use what you like! ]
[Image: hKUxm3.png]
There is a new capsule?
[Image: 324VK.png]  Visit my Lab!     Looking for a creature with the partical code PMR  [Image: 8m9tW.png] Buying Sciuros for 50g!
(10-18-2020, 03:04 AM)Outpost Hunter Wrote: There is a new capsule?

Quite a few in the first post! They're supposedly going to get more common as time goes on and fairly scarce at the moment.
pinkgothic @ schlaugh | The Final Outpost
I am the right person to complain to about NEMO's Ark (The Final Outpost clicksite)
Typically available in #dataclaw on irc.darkmyst.org (as Dread, Valcen or Taika{Work})
[ pronouns: ve/vis/ver - but not picky, use what you like! ]
[Image: hKUxm3.png]
Oh thank you - I can see them now!
[Image: 324VK.png]  Visit my Lab!     Looking for a creature with the partical code PMR  [Image: 8m9tW.png] Buying Sciuros for 50g!
Interesting :o
Saltanta! <3
(10-18-2020, 02:48 AM)Virida Wrote: The new capsules drop in the cupboard, they are not tied to the quest

ah, thank you! haven't seen any yet, so I was unsure^^
seems they are rare drops
[Image: oL2bU3.png][Image: 2881655w4z0seehym.gif][Image: 6yPVd.png] 
Not only scientist, but also author of these (german) scifi books^^