• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Something is amiss in the outpost....
Those success message flavour texts are the best. :)
"You have successfully analysed this sample. Only 12658 more to go!"
(Please tell me that's just flavour text... please...)
We’re playing together / And it’s going well / And maybe we’ll go back / To cryosleep, who can tell?
I guess there is no one to blame / We’re splicing genes (splicing genes) / Will things ever be the same again?
It’s the final outpost / Da da daaa daaa / Da da da da daaa / The final outpost.

[Image: 0vgPQ3.png] * [Image: 202485.png][Image: 1019930.png] * [Image: 1AzEq3.png] * [Image: CCTml3.png] * [Image: MiqGl3.png] * [Image: FPIOg3.png]
So I put in a "A" and get a underscore so that means that it is in the code..somewhere. Okay. Fine. Whatever.
So I input another set of letters and include the "A" I had before along with other letters and get all "0's" then try another and omit the "A" and get "1's" and a zero.

So basically it's like throwing darts at a dartboard while blindfolded and the difficulty lever is practically useless except that the most difficult setting allows for more letters. This is how I am interpreting this so far.

(sighs) I'll try again to see how far I get. (So long as a scurio doesn't muck things up like it did a few times past)
So far the only one having "success" at this game is the scurio sleeping on my keyboard...
So far the only thing I can conclude is that the "_" and "1's" basically mean the same thing.
A letter can illicit a "-" but doesn't necessarily mean it is the right spot only that it is part of the formula; conversely the same letter can produce a "1" which means it is still part of the formula but still not in the right spot.
So basically you are still skunked.

You can waste all 10 tries in an attempt to get the right letters and the right combinations; you can have a combination that produces all"1's" but if you try to rearrange those letters then all of a sudden you get a 1 and all zeroes even though you used the combination that indicates it is part of the formula.
Again it is all chance, I think.

What is doubly frustrating is one post says if I put in a letter combo like, say, Aabc and I get _100 then one post says it means that "A" is right and in the right spot so I input Abca( keeping A where it is) and I get all "0's" or 0001 which means that now A is no longer right but something else is. Odd....
(10-19-2020, 07:41 PM)BendyDemon Wrote: So far the only thing I can conclude is that the "_" and "1's" basically mean the same thing.

No, they don't.

_ = one correct letter in the correct spot
1 = one correct letter in the wrong spot

A _ in first position does NOT mean the first letter is the correct one! It can be any one of the letters.
We’re playing together / And it’s going well / And maybe we’ll go back / To cryosleep, who can tell?
I guess there is no one to blame / We’re splicing genes (splicing genes) / Will things ever be the same again?
It’s the final outpost / Da da daaa daaa / Da da da da daaa / The final outpost.

[Image: 0vgPQ3.png] * [Image: 202485.png][Image: 1019930.png] * [Image: 1AzEq3.png] * [Image: CCTml3.png] * [Image: MiqGl3.png] * [Image: FPIOg3.png]
(10-19-2020, 01:50 PM)pinkgothic Wrote: What you want to aim for is four underscores (although once you get those, it just tells you that you've been successful, so you'll never see the four underscores). ^_^

So..it sounds to me that if I never get to see the four underscores then I am wasting my time even trying to get any of this right.
(10-19-2020, 06:02 PM)dustpuppy Wrote: Those success message flavour texts are the best. :)
"You have successfully analysed this sample. Only 12658 more to go!"
(Please tell me that's just flavour text... please...)

It is! I was hoping it was the global count, but it seems to be a static number.

@BendyDemon: Sorry to hear you're having so much trouble! I realise it's counter-intuitive what people have been saying, but the position of the result glyphs really does not relate to the position of the characters you put in. As long as you make the assumption that the positions of the result glyphs mean something, you're going to keep being frustrated. :(

For what it's worth, I put some instructions how to use an online tool to help yourself in this thread. See if you have any more luck with that?
pinkgothic @ schlaugh | The Final Outpost
I am the right person to complain to about NEMO's Ark (The Final Outpost clicksite)
Typically available in #dataclaw on irc.darkmyst.org (as Dread, Valcen or Taika{Work})
[ pronouns: ve/vis/ver - but not picky, use what you like! ]
[Image: hKUxm3.png]
Well..I am about to give up here.
The link you posted shows combinations of letters that aren't even allowed so telling us that a=D, for example, is useless if it cannot even be inserted into the analyzer and therefore means nothing if you are restricted to ABC and abc...

Whatever. I guess I'll keep trying

Thanks for trying to help someone like me though.
(10-19-2020, 09:58 PM)BendyDemon Wrote: Well..I am about to give up here.
The link you posted shows combinations of letters that aren't even allowed so telling us that a=D, for example,  is useless if it cannot even be inserted into the analyzer and therefore means nothing if you are restricted to ABC and abc...

Whatever. I guess I'll keep trying

Thanks for trying to help someone like me though.

Sorry for being confusing! *hugs* The post links to an online tool (in the second paragraph). Sadly you can't just put the stuff you put into GSP into this tool, since that tool doesn't understand that there's a difference between uppercase A and lowercase a. So to use the tool, you need to make the difference clear to the tool - which is why I suggest mapping it like this: A=A, B=B, C=C, a=D, b=E, c=F. (Left is what you put into the GSP, right is what you put into the tool.)

For example, if you put "AAbb" into the GSP and get "_ 1 1 0", you put "AAEE 12" into the tool. Take a look at the examples in the post for some other equivalents. All you need to be able to do to solve the GSP puzzles is translate between the syntax of GSP and the syntax of the tool. It's a bit finnicky! But if you get a hang of the translation, the site will help you solve the GSP puzzles.

Good luck!
pinkgothic @ schlaugh | The Final Outpost
I am the right person to complain to about NEMO's Ark (The Final Outpost clicksite)
Typically available in #dataclaw on irc.darkmyst.org (as Dread, Valcen or Taika{Work})
[ pronouns: ve/vis/ver - but not picky, use what you like! ]
[Image: hKUxm3.png]
The new creatures are fantastic. I'm interested to see some genuine horror themes here- when I saw the Okula Pikilo, I knew they'd be parasitic, but I didn't expect THAT.