• 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
New Species Discovered
They're BEAUTIFUL.
Ooh, chonky! :) Can't wait to see the variants everyone's getting.
I'm especially curious to see what my girl here grows into:
[Image: 82cJF.png]
We’re playing together / And it’s going well / And maybe we’ll go back / To cryosleep, who can tell?
I guess there is no one to blame / We’re splicing genes (splicing genes) / Will things ever be the same again?
It’s the final outpost / Da da daaa daaa / Da da da da daaa / The final outpost.

[Image: 0vgPQ3.png] * [Image: 202485.png][Image: 1019930.png] * [Image: 1AzEq3.png] * [Image: CCTml3.png] * [Image: MiqGl3.png] * [Image: FPIOg3.png]
Yeah, I am quite exciting so see more and more variations of this creature. I am also curious how the subspecies part with the different behaviour factor in. I first thought, that maybe the fins are paired up with the behaviour. So that that the one with the big, floppy fins are always Seerunner (because you know better swimming with those fins) and the gardner have always the curled tail to push their stones around. But that doesn't seem to match up. So maybe it is a different gene. Can't wait to see the genome of them unfold.
[Image: 324VK.png]  Visit my Lab!     Looking for a creature with the partical code PMR  [Image: 8m9tW.png] Buying Sciuros for 50g!
Ooooh, seahorses! I love how shiny they are, and the bright colors! Plus, the different fin types are super cool, too. They're really pretty and I'll definitely have to get more. :)

(09-14-2020, 07:24 PM)dustpuppy Wrote: Ooh, chonky! :) Can't wait to see the variants everyone's getting.
I'm especially curious to see what my girl here grows into:
[Image: 82cJF.png]
I got a koi-patterned one, too, and I can't wait to see what she looks like when she grows up!
[Image: FDc32.png]

(09-14-2020, 07:49 PM)Outpost Hunter Wrote: Yeah, I am quite exciting so see more and more variations of this creature. I am also curious how the subspecies part with the different behaviour factor in. I first thought, that maybe the fins are paired up with the behaviour. So that that the one with the big, floppy fins are always Seerunner (because you know better swimming with those fins) and the gardner have always the curled tail to push their stones around. But that doesn't seem to match up. So maybe it is a different gene. Can't wait to see the genome of them unfold.
I think it's the head shape that matches up with the subspecies. It looks like the ones with the seahorse heads are the Gardeners, the ones with the horse heads are the Searunners, and the ones with the horse heads with bigger eyes and a lure are the Seasnares (they also looked like they had differently-shaped ears as babies, but perhaps that was the lure).

Currently I have two seahorse-headed babies that have the same description as the Gardener had when it was a baby, and my other one is horse-headed and has the same baby description that the two Searunners had.
[Image: YPU3B3.png]
[Image: WFk2S3.png][Image: oYCgM3.png][Image: jtSZY3.png][Image: GYfvk3.png]
@BrokenGem - I think you are right, it's just harder to see, that the heads are different too.
[Image: 324VK.png]  Visit my Lab!     Looking for a creature with the partical code PMR  [Image: 8m9tW.png] Buying Sciuros for 50g!
Heart 
ooooh i just saw this! (been kinda busy), they look beautiful! already grabbed a couple from the CB, to bad i missed the flood, didn't realize it's been this long since i last log on...

thanks Corteo!