• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Fan Site: NEMO's Ark
Visit NEMO's Ark
2. Click creatures
3. ???
4. Profit

THIS SITE IS CURRENTLY IN BETA. PLEASE EXPECT AND REPORT BUGS. THEY'RE OUT THERE SOMEWHERE. Apparently this is way too stable for beta. I remain suspicious.

Those of you who've browsed Dragon Cave fansites before will recognise literally everything about this site as being a cheap copy of Daily Dragon Fix. That's because it's a literal copy, s/DDF/NA, s/leviathan/azothoth, s/dragon/creature, and so on. That means it's still basically the code from over ten years ago. *weeps*

Features:
(Please read everything in the tone of self-deprecating sarcasm.)
  • A totally mysterious progress bar.
  • Actually kind of easy to bypass with the right stubborn mindset Foolproof test of integrity and honesty - click 20 creatures to have your codes kept in rotation!
  • CTRL+click support! (Let's face it, that's why I made this.)
  • Load in all your creatures with one button click! ZOOM. SO FANCY.
  • Integrates seamlessly with the Dragon Cave fansite Daily Dragon Fix! (So many seams. So many. But you can log in with the same credentials.)

This thread is for support with the site! And feature requests. And for me to post in whenever I do anything fancy with it. And also so I can link to something from the site.

Just to stress: I did literally all the coding for this on the command line on my server, so please expect this to be a hot mess right now. Corteo's been amazing help to me in PM with the API, which for some reason worked immediately and out of the box (anyone who's done software engineering knows that something working immediately and out of the box is WITCHCRAFT), so let me just say :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: Corteo, please direct shipments of cookies to Corteo, no really, please, I insist, I eat low-carb. but apparently this hasn't caused any huge issues. Good, good.

Note that valid bug reports are also: "Hey, pinkgothic, this piece of text makes no sense for The Final Outpost." My many text replacements (and sometimes the removal of features that make no sense for TFO and some paragraphs associated with said features) almost surely missed something.

Site Button: [Image: azo_button.gif]
Code:
[url=https://azothoth.thorngale.net/][img]https://azothoth.thorngale.net/img/azo_button.gif[/img][/url]
pinkgothic @ schlaugh | The Final Outpost
I am the right person to complain to about NEMO's Ark (The Final Outpost clicksite)
Typically available in #dataclaw on irc.darkmyst.org (as Dread, Valcen or Taika{Work})
[ pronouns: ve/vis/ver - but not picky, use what you like! ]
[Image: hKUxm3.png]
Does this work in Chrome? I'm seeing the same issue that it's not showing me as logged in. =/
(08-26-2020, 12:12 AM)Chaosdawn Wrote: Does this work in Chrome? I'm seeing the same issue that it's not showing me as logged in. =/

You can ctrl+click on "View page" (or just on the creature, really, but that'll look less nice in the tab, as it tries a different way of loading the creature) to open the creatures in a new tab. I personally do that because I have third party cookies disabled anyway, so Chrome bug or not, I wouldn't register as logged in to the site anyway, nor on any other fan site.

If that's too annoying, though, I can try looking into why this problem exists and what I can do about it. :)

[Edit: FYI, I am off to bed for now, so it'll be some hours before I can next respond to this thread! Sorry for any wait.]
I am the right person to complain to about NEMO's Ark (The Final Outpost clicksite)
Typically available in #dataclaw on irc.darkmyst.org (as Dread, Valcen or Taika{Work})
No rush, I was just curious if it was the Chrome issue again. I suppose I don't need to be logged in, I usually earn my daily gold from the click thread anyway, this would just be extra clicks. XD
Cool I signed up, thanks for making this, it's very clean/ and cute and simple.
[Image: 0g6bq1.png][Image: 6yFqR1.png][Image: KnDxV1.png][Image: 6a1Q01.png][Image: cdetu1.png][Image: RfVmI1.png]
(08-26-2020, 01:14 AM)Chaosdawn Wrote: No rush, I was just curious if it was the Chrome issue again. I suppose I don't need to be logged in, I usually earn my daily gold from the click thread anyway, this would just be extra clicks. XD

From my investigation, it looks like it's unfortunately something The Final Outpost site has to set on its end (two cookie flags). See also my post in the Peer Review fansite thread.

But yeah, if you just ctrl+click (or cmd+click on Mac) on the "View page" link you bypass the problem. It's what I do. :) I still go to the click thread first, but I wouldn't have to get my daily gold cap.

(08-26-2020, 05:03 AM)Danafox Wrote: Cool I signed up, thanks for making this, it's very clean/ and cute and simple.

Glad you like it, but site design credit goes to emmilely, who made the original Daily Dragon Fix website. I'm just a loyal maintainer of the project (since emmilely fell off the face of the Earth a couple of years ago T_T).

And let me know if you notice anything wrong with it. ^_^
It looks like the creatures on the 'view all' page don't tend to load because the Final Outpost server returns network requests with a 508 Loop Detected status, which I gather may be because there are too many requests in a short timeframe. You absolutely can still click on the creatures from there, for the record, but it's obviously not very aesthetically pleasing to have all those empty tiles. :) I'm going to try adding lazy-loading, though it might take me a while to add it in.

Edit: Corteo pointed out I'm actually using the wrong image URLs and that might be the whole problem! I'll fix this as soon as I'm off work.
(08-27-2020, 12:46 AM)pinkgothic Wrote: Edit: Corteo pointed out I'm actually using the wrong image URLs and that might be the whole problem! I'll fix this as soon as I'm off work.
Yep, that seems to have been the problem. Should be all fixed now! ^_^
(I could have sworn I commented on this thread already...)

I love this! DDF is one of my favorite DC fansites, thank you for forking it for TFO!
(08-27-2020, 07:49 PM)Paintra Wrote: (I could have sworn I commented on this thread already...)

I love this! DDF is one of my favorite DC fansites, thank you for forking it for TFO!
Happy to, and glad you like it! <3 I feel like the format ironically fits The Final Outpost much better than it does Dragon Cave, since dragons on Dragon Cave don't actually need any clicks, whereas it's the only thing that really matters for The Final Outpost, so it struck me as pre-destined for this site. I just had to. :D