• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Fan Site: NEMO's Ark
(12-19-2021, 05:32 PM)pinkgothic Wrote:
(12-19-2021, 04:22 PM)Astharoshe Wrote: Hello, I'm having a LOT of trouble getting the little window to log me in even after the tips on the site. Is it just me being dumb or is there a more widespread thing? It worked perfectly the first day (and I'm upset because I love the site!). Sorry to bother about it! :')

I hear your pain, sorry it's not working for you! There's unfortunately not very much that the fansite can do to make the cookies of The Final Outpost work in the onsite frame. Make sure you allow third-party cookie use on NEMO's Ark. Sometimes it helps to log out of The Final Outpost and then back in.

If none of that works, you can get your click money by just opening the "View page" links in the 'start clicking!' section in a new tab (ctrl+click on windows, command+click on Mac if I recall correctly), or open the links of the 'view all' section in new tabs. It's what I do in general (so I don't need to wait for page loads to finish before clicking the next), which is why I never notice these issues when they crop up.

I hope that helps!

That helps a bunch, didn't think of that! Thank youuuu~
Finally off hiatus, getting back into the swing of things as fast as I can!
(08-25-2020, 10:30 PM)pinkgothic Wrote:
Visit NEMO's Ark
2. Click creatures
3. ???
4. Profit

THIS SITE IS CURRENTLY IN BETA. PLEASE EXPECT AND REPORT BUGS. THEY'RE OUT THERE SOMEWHERE. Apparently this is way too stable for beta. I remain suspicious.

Those of you who've browsed Dragon Cave fansites before will recognise literally everything about this site as being a cheap copy of Daily Dragon Fix. That's because it's a literal copy, s/DDF/NA, s/leviathan/azothoth, s/dragon/creature, and so on. That means it's still basically the code from over ten years ago. *weeps*

Features:
(Please read everything in the tone of self-deprecating sarcasm.)
  • A totally mysterious progress bar.
  • Actually kind of easy to bypass with the right stubborn mindset Foolproof test of integrity and honesty - click 20 creatures to have your codes kept in rotation!
  • CTRL+click support! (Let's face it, that's why I made this.)
  • Load in all your creatures with one button click! ZOOM. SO FANCY.
  • Integrates seamlessly with the Dragon Cave fansite Daily Dragon Fix! (So many seams. So many. But you can log in with the same credentials.)

This thread is for support with the site! And feature requests. And for me to post in whenever I do anything fancy with it. And also so I can link to something from the site.

Just to stress: I did literally all the coding for this on the command line on my server, so please expect this to be a hot mess right now. Corteo's been amazing help to me in PM with the API, which for some reason worked immediately and out of the box (anyone who's done software engineering knows that something working immediately and out of the box is WITCHCRAFT), so let me just say :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: Corteo, please direct shipments of cookies to Corteo, no really, please, I insist, I eat low-carb. but apparently this hasn't caused any huge issues. Good, good.

Note that valid bug reports are also: "Hey, pinkgothic, this piece of text makes no sense for The Final Outpost." My many text replacements (and sometimes the removal of features that make no sense for TFO and some paragraphs associated with said features) almost surely missed something.

Site Button: [Image: azo_button.gif]
Code:
[url=https://azothoth.thorngale.net/][img]https://azothoth.thorngale.net/img/azo_button.gif[/img][/url]

I have a problem with the site, it does not display correctly, is it a problem with my chrome browser ?
--------- Engraved Ring ---------
Only a few will be able to become doctors of dragonology and only they will see their reflection in the mythical eye of the dragon.
(04-20-2022, 08:20 AM)skull dao Wrote: I have a problem with the site, it does not display correctly, is it a problem with my chrome browser ?

Hi, skull dao! I use Chrome, so I don't think the trouble is with the browser, but can you be more specific about what you mean with 'it does not display correctly'? e.g. can you show me a screenshot of the problem?
pinkgothic @ schlaugh | The Final Outpost
I am the right person to complain to about NEMO's Ark (The Final Outpost clicksite)
Typically available in #dataclaw on irc.darkmyst.org (as Dread, Valcen or Taika{Work})
[ pronouns: ve/vis/ver - but not picky, use what you like! ]
[Image: hKUxm3.png]
Hello,
I'm sorry, I somehow managed to forget my password, can you help me ?
Thank you so much for this click site !!
[Image: dcl9vts-c89c402e-5c40-45f8-90d0-280051f7...t9C6IQk14M]
Somehow the site does not realize that I am already logged in Final Outpost, whenever I click the creatures it does not show them on the right site in that little window and instead a "sign up"-page for Final Outpost. NEMO's Ark still counts my clicking, but I guess it does not do any good since the clicked creature does not show.
[Image: oL2bU3.png][Image: 2881655w4z0seehym.gif][Image: 6yPVd.png] 
Not only scientist, but also author of these (german) scifi books^^
(08-16-2022, 07:24 PM)Kiwiana Wrote: Somehow the site does not realize that I am already logged in Final Outpost, whenever I click the creatures it does not show them on the right site in that little window and instead a "sign up"-page for Final Outpost. NEMO's Ark still counts my clicking, but I guess it does not do any good since the clicked creature does not show.

Sadly there isn't anything I can do on my end about the logged-in state, this is a configuration question on The Final Outpost and your browser. That said, you should definitely not be getting a sign-up page. But if you register as logged out, then the top of the creature page will contain the blurb:

Quote:Welcome to The Final Outpost!

The Final Outpost is an adoptable site where the goal is to discover and breed new variations of creatures. Discover new breeds through quests and hunting on the site.

[Sign up!]

(The actual sign-up page of The Final Outpost is titled Register, for reference.)

But the creature is under that blurb; you probably can't see it, though, because the iframe is too small. But it will still register your click.

If you want to get a better experience, you can ctrl+click (or command+click on Mac) the 'View page' link to open it in a new tab. That lets you click faster, too. :)
I am the right person to complain to about NEMO's Ark (The Final Outpost clicksite)
Typically available in #dataclaw on irc.darkmyst.org (as Dread, Valcen or Taika{Work})
ah okay, if the creatures get my clicks for sure then I am fine with whatever the site shows XD Thank you!!
[Image: oL2bU3.png][Image: 2881655w4z0seehym.gif][Image: 6yPVd.png] 
Not only scientist, but also author of these (german) scifi books^^
Hi. I'm having trouble logging in. Keeps telling me my password is wrong, but I know it's not.
[Image: sXQOD3.png] Happy Poultrygeist!  [Image: 9H7Hx3.png]
(11-10-2022, 11:58 PM)AMPratt Wrote: Hi. I'm having trouble logging in. Keeps telling me my password is wrong, but I know it's not.

I'm not noticing issues with the login on my end. I don't expect you've got first-party cookies disabled for the site (you'd know if you did that, presumably), so, hmm, would you be okay with me resetting your password for you?

[ Edit: This worked and the case was resolved. \o/ ]
(11-11-2022, 12:11 AM)pinkgothic Wrote:
(11-10-2022, 11:58 PM)AMPratt Wrote: Hi.  I'm having trouble logging in.  Keeps telling me my password is wrong, but I know it's not.

I'm not noticing issues with the login on my end. I don't expect you've got first-party cookies disabled for the site (you'd know if you did that, presumably), so, hmm, would you be okay with me resetting your password for you?

Yes, please.
[Image: sXQOD3.png] Happy Poultrygeist!  [Image: 9H7Hx3.png]