• 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Show off your Screechs!
(08-02-2020, 10:34 PM)Mockingbird13 Wrote: I'm not a genetics whiz and I just wing it with my breeding and try going off of the punnet squares we had to do in bio like a million years ago, but...maybe the crest genes are for the parents are like Rr + Rr and so they got a kid who was RR or rr or rR and that made the crest different?
I'm also curious to be able to look at the genomes for these guys. There seems to be more variation than normal to me? Or maybe it's just because the colors are "flashier" than, like, the Saltanta or the Stranga Sciuro so it seems more varied?

You'd be correct in thinking that the crest has some part of it's genes as a mix (Rr as you mentioned). You'd also be correct in how it could result in a different crest in a kid.

As for having more variation, I do agree that they seem to have more variation. I want to say there's something like crest color and crest marking, and both of those have a decent amount of variations. However, I'll wait until the lab notes for the Krizos are fully unlocked to be certain. Last time i thought something like that, I was wrong. xD

Anywho, to keep this post more on topic, here are some of my favorite Krizos I've gotten
[Image: 9HruY.png] [Image: A7aOn.png] [Image: bypDW.png] [Image: aUuwh.png] [Image: W7AfO.png]
Just picked up this beauty off of the market! :heart:
[Image: VIjqn.png]
[Image: YPU3B3.png]
[Image: WFk2S3.png][Image: oYCgM3.png][Image: jtSZY3.png][Image: GYfvk3.png]
Can someone with sharp eyes please tell me... is this slightly iridescent bit of my newest Krizo's crest the same "swirly pattern" (like on this one's crest https://finaloutpost.net/view/orW6w)? I've been waiting to finally get one! :)
[Image: pf71G.png]

Also new, one for the "kinda ugly but cute" group:
[Image: IhK5J.png]
We’re playing together / And it’s going well / And maybe we’ll go back / To cryosleep, who can tell?
I guess there is no one to blame / We’re splicing genes (splicing genes) / Will things ever be the same again?
It’s the final outpost / Da da daaa daaa / Da da da da daaa / The final outpost.

[Image: 0vgPQ3.png] * [Image: 202485.png][Image: 1019930.png] * [Image: 1AzEq3.png] * [Image: CCTml3.png] * [Image: MiqGl3.png] * [Image: FPIOg3.png]
(08-04-2020, 02:39 AM)Znowy Wrote: As for having more variation, I do agree that they seem to have more variation. I want to say there's something like crest color and crest marking, and both of those have a decent amount of variations. However, I'll wait until the lab notes for the Krizos are fully unlocked to be certain. Last time i thought something like that, I was wrong. xD

Just from what I've observed so far, it seems like there are the crest, body, body markings, and wings that are subject to variation, but yeah, I can't wait until the lab notes come out and see just how the genetics work for these. I'm looking forward to collecting Krizos.

As for favorites, these are my favorites of the ones I've hatched myself so far:
[Image: N6fCO.png][Image: ZuHVN.png][Image: 23Laj.png][Image: 9Gfky.png]

And then I managed to pick up this stunner from the market:
[Image: ZI95n.png]
incredibly funky dude here imo
[Image: AAxJk.png]

@BrokenGems love that fellow, he reminds me a little of modern day tropical birds! super bright

@OnYourLeft really enjoy the second one’s look, the crest iridescence is striking on a dark base..!
I really love this one the most so far

[Image: O65YS.png]

And these next three are pretty good too I think

[Image: 3CXKF.png][Image: uXomF.png][Image: vN154.png]
[Image: 0g6bq1.png][Image: 6yFqR1.png][Image: KnDxV1.png][Image: 6a1Q01.png][Image: cdetu1.png][Image: RfVmI1.png]
Three more pretties, all with minty green! I really love the stripes on the first one and the contrast on the last:
[Image: eNgAv.png][Image: G1ogo.png][Image: s9cNA.png]
[Image: YPU3B3.png]
[Image: WFk2S3.png][Image: oYCgM3.png][Image: jtSZY3.png][Image: GYfvk3.png]
Oh wow, I can't believe how pretty he is!
[Image: Vr7fl.png]

And here's a 2G who looks absolutely nothing like her parents. Love how she's all drab and grey but with the most colourful wings. :)
[Image: Exer4.png]
We’re playing together / And it’s going well / And maybe we’ll go back / To cryosleep, who can tell?
I guess there is no one to blame / We’re splicing genes (splicing genes) / Will things ever be the same again?
It’s the final outpost / Da da daaa daaa / Da da da da daaa / The final outpost.

[Image: 0vgPQ3.png] * [Image: 202485.png][Image: 1019930.png] * [Image: 1AzEq3.png] * [Image: CCTml3.png] * [Image: MiqGl3.png] * [Image: FPIOg3.png]
Picked up this fellow, I like how simple it is yet still colorful.

[Image: dpuba.png]
I click the pets in your signatures
~ . * . ~
also @dustpuppy on the crest inquiry: i am not sure if they are “the same” genetically, but i believe it is indeed an instance of the swirlies! i’ve done a real quick rough markup here to show
[Image: RlBhhfm.jpg][Image: x7WaUqK.jpg]