• 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Show off your Screechs!
I love all the variations in markings and color! I've started a breeding project. XD

Two more handsome boys:
[Image: 9ZYrs.png][Image: SyLej.png]
I am perplexed.

[Image: OuV6a.png]+ [Image: Vsjiy.png] = [Image: Ws1wJ.png]

I'm not savvy on genetics though, but I really thought I would get the head seeing as how the heads are identical on both parents. Maybe mom was stepping out...
I click the pets in your signatures
~ . * . ~
(08-02-2020, 09:54 PM)Desirai Wrote: I am perplexed.

[Image: OuV6a.png]+ [Image: Vsjiy.png] = [Image: Ws1wJ.png]

I'm not savvy on genetics though, but I really thought I would get the head seeing as how the heads are identical on both parents. Maybe mom was stepping out...

Same here, the parents have the same heads and the child completely different: https://finaloutpost.net/pedigree/yE9Uv
I expect it'll probably become clearer once we can examine the genome. :)
We’re playing together / And it’s going well / And maybe we’ll go back / To cryosleep, who can tell?
I guess there is no one to blame / We’re splicing genes (splicing genes) / Will things ever be the same again?
It’s the final outpost / Da da daaa daaa / Da da da da daaa / The final outpost.

[Image: 0vgPQ3.png] * [Image: 202485.png][Image: 1019930.png] * [Image: 1AzEq3.png] * [Image: CCTml3.png] * [Image: MiqGl3.png] * [Image: FPIOg3.png]
(08-02-2020, 10:18 PM)dustpuppy Wrote: Same here, the parents have the same heads and the child completely different: https://finaloutpost.net/pedigree/yE9Uv
I expect it'll probably become clearer once we can examine the genome. :)

Those are beautiful red heads!!! :3
I click the pets in your signatures
~ . * . ~
I'm not a genetics whiz and I just wing it with my breeding and try going off of the punnet squares we had to do in bio like a million years ago, but...maybe the crest genes are for the parents are like Rr + Rr and so they got a kid who was RR or rr or rR and that made the crest different?
I'm also curious to be able to look at the genomes for these guys. There seems to be more variation than normal to me? Or maybe it's just because the colors are "flashier" than, like, the Saltanta or the Stranga Sciuro so it seems more varied?
[Image: oXB3e3.png][Image: 9WYid3.png][Image: fW9cl3.png]
A fan of him so far

[Image: oGBgk.png]
[Image: Niyaka.png]
Two more pretties! :3
[Image: 5QVnw.png][Image: ZBD2z.png]
[Image: oXB3e3.png][Image: 9WYid3.png][Image: fW9cl3.png]
I've had quite a few more grow up since my first post, so I'll only put my favorites so far here.

[Image: orW6w.png][Image: QMGmu.png][Image: OVkdx.png][Image: 5Jxn5.png][Image: teXCX.png][Image: g8gPb.png][Image: ZnwJM.png]

I love how much variation there is with all of the different colors and patterns! :)
I also have a tab of Krizos here if anyone wants to check out the rest: https://finaloutpost.net/visit/BrokenGems/2205
[Image: YPU3B3.png]
[Image: WFk2S3.png][Image: oYCgM3.png][Image: jtSZY3.png][Image: GYfvk3.png]
I like my newest girl:
[Image: TnbQC.png]

(08-02-2020, 09:24 PM)Chaosdawn Wrote: I've started a breeding project. XD

May I ask what kind of a breeding project? I'm trying to come up with a lineage concept but... no success so far.  :)

(08-03-2020, 09:04 PM)BrokenGems Wrote: I love how much variation there is with all of the different colors and patterns! :)

Me too! Every time I think "now I've seen all traits" I see something new! The genome must be super long.
We’re playing together / And it’s going well / And maybe we’ll go back / To cryosleep, who can tell?
I guess there is no one to blame / We’re splicing genes (splicing genes) / Will things ever be the same again?
It’s the final outpost / Da da daaa daaa / Da da da da daaa / The final outpost.

[Image: 0vgPQ3.png] * [Image: 202485.png][Image: 1019930.png] * [Image: 1AzEq3.png] * [Image: CCTml3.png] * [Image: MiqGl3.png] * [Image: FPIOg3.png]
@dustpuppy  Just as large of an even gen as I can. I'd love to get enough 1G that are mostly green to do a lineage with my fav color. XD

Pretty girl:
[Image: VxbTB.png]