• 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Breeding Genetics /Appearance Predictor with GUI
Hello! This is a really great resource and I was hoping to use it for my Arbara Kronos- are there any plans to continue to add creatures? I know this past year has been crazy for everyone so no worries if you've had to put this on pause!
(02-01-2021, 11:26 PM)welcometothedogpark Wrote: Hello! This is a really great resource and I was hoping to use it for my Arbara Kronos- are there any plans to continue to add creatures? I know this past year has been crazy for everyone so no worries if you've had to put this on pause!

I was about two thirds done adding the Arbara Krono but then did not get around to finishing the rest due to the holiday shenanigans. They have a lot of genes to implement and that takes time. so much time

However, your question motivated me to get the rest of the implementation done, so now Arbara Krono are available for selection :)
Hello!
I downloaded this tool today (many thanks for providing it!) and started to play around with it and noticed two three (found another??) things, which maybe are not intended:
1. When importing a LATI file with female creatures, they are set as male:

2. When trying to add a creature (tried it with a Tagalo and a Selo) I get an error that the input is invalid despite being pretty sure it's correct?

Edit:
3. Tagalo predictions somehow don't seem to work? (it worked for Selos, but don't seem to work for the sneks)

Edit2:
Might have found a reason for the Tagalo prediction (and adding?) behaviour

The format of the expected Marking genes is different from the actual format.

------

Maybe I did something wrong? :'D
I'm running on Win10 with Java 1.8.0_141
         I hoard things I find pretty :3
[Image: IAYAf3.png]   My TFO LabMy DC Scroll       [Image: OQxDD.gif]
[Image: MAOY.png]
(02-07-2021, 01:51 AM)Inutsume Wrote: Hello!
I downloaded this tool today (many thanks for providing it!) and started to play around with it and noticed two three (found another??) things, which maybe are not intended:
(...)

Nope, you did nothing wrong, thanks for reporting these bugs!
Blue changed the naming for his species files and my program was still looking for the old naming convention, fixed that!
The Tagalo-problem was indeed that I had accidentally set the marking gene to AABB instead of AA, as such it did not recognise the data input as correct when checking the gene sequence both for the data entries and for breeding.

Hopefully all bugs should be fixed now, if you find more please let me know! :)

(Also added the Okula Pikilo while I was working on it anyway)
Have Alsaltos been added yet?
(02-16-2021, 01:42 PM)Kesstryl Wrote: Have Alsaltos been added yet?

I am afraid I will not add the Alsaltos for the time being, if at all. Implementing the hybrid breeding is more work than I currently have the time to put into this.
Cats have been added. Breeding predictions are limited to one parent species though (you´ll see what I mean xD)
Giving this a tiny bump because someone sent me a dm asking about it but has dms turned off so I cannot answer. Still super outdated and missing everything past the cats, sorry if I got anyone´s hopes up
Would It be okay if I took over keeping track of images, possibly here? ??
(12-06-2022, 12:12 AM)Ookami Kenran Wrote: Would It be okay if I took over keeping track of images, possibly here? ??
If you want to prepare images for the predictor they have to follow a rather strict format, which is actually why I have not added more species, even though I already have a bunch of exported images already on hand.

Thanks to EmeraldOx I have juvie images for Selos,Cimos, Krizos,Nagantos,Doloros, Pahidermos, Brulajos, Regos, Fisisto, Strigosto, Alsaltos (all types), Kronos, Muskas,  Vezikos, Suna Hundos, Bekos, Cevalo, Kurantos, Kirasos, Ratos, Saltantas, Avkas and Luna Hundos as well as images for the adult foxes in the right format, I just have to actually add them in...

I don´t have any other adult images prepared. Even though I have a lot of them already, seeing that I made a bunch of them, they are not formatted correctly and that is time consuming.

Images have to be named according to gene as G0.png, G1.png etc. These images have to be sorted into folders according to traits called T0, T1 etc in the exact order the traits (aka the different types of genes) on site. If there is dimorphism the images have to be put together into one png (which is again super time consuming).
Here´s what gene gets which number:
[Image: unknown.png]

If you or anyone else is interested in providing already prepared images for me to add feel free to do so!