• 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Monochromes

Monochrome: a photograph or picture developed or executed in black and white or in varying tones of only one color.

Welcome to the Monochromes Thread! This thread is just a side quest of adding any monochrome creatures that exist in The Final Outpost! Post your Monochromes here, and if unsure, ask around whether your creatures are monochrome. (I am just one person in the community, it is unfair for me alone to decide what's monochrome and what isn't.) As a guideline, if it looks like it has mostly one color, feel free to share! The reward is not much except for a spreadsheet full of monochrome creatures :3

Because of the colors, I have created some random team names for the creatures. For example, creatures with color that's mostly red would be categorized into team "Fiery Red". Have fun :D

I may need help with team names, feel free to suggest them haha
Saltanta! <3
[Image: 9DEGF.png] - Blue
[Image: 3arQo.png] - Black or Blue, not sure
[Image: l5Lws.png] - Pink

Think these guys might count, not sure on salt

For pinks maybe - Pink Perfection or Tender Pink
For blues maybe - Pacific Blue
For blacks maybe - Covert Black
I think they do, and to me the Saltanta looks more to black/gray. I like the name ideas, I'll probably just change the names every now and then until I find a definite favorite XD
Will add them into the database later when I have time :D
(I still have to add some of my creatures in. On that note, if anyone feels like creatures in the database are not monochrome, let me know so I can remove them)
Saltanta! <3
Here mine:
[Image: OXB3M.png] Body:aaBB Scales:AABB Fins:aaBb - Red gal

and in the category "Not sure if it's count, but it does for me":
[Image: 5EP1E.png][Image: UYWim.png][Image: vAIrS.png]
OV: Body:AaBb Belly:AABb Marking:aaBb Scales:AABB Saltanta: Body:AABb Mane:AABb Marking:aabb Horn:aaBb
♧ My lab ♧ 
Share the same name on Dragon Cave and Protochroma!
[Image: 540218.png]
We got some KIDS!

[Image: FNNOH.png]

[Image: 5BvgS.png]

[Image: 6zzTA.png]

[Image: H3qBR.png]

[Image: bik2a.png]

[Image: 5dwqj.png]

[Image: jHOhk.png]

And here are a few more. I’m not sure if they’d fit or not:

[Image: tbGcU.png]

[Image: xHNx7.png]

[Image: ZDq9V.png]
[Image: T2MOBOs.gif][Image: T2MOBOs.gif]
Mostly monochrome dogs:
[Image: v7Vvf.png] [Image: 1npB4.png] [Image: BeB1f.png]
[Image: 51ZDw.png] [Image: RYWA4.png]

Deep blue jellyfish:
[Image: xNfRX.png]

A bit unsure about this one, her belly is a darker blue and I think there is a belly variant of the same blue, so I don't know if she counts:
[Image: jT6ph.png]
We’re playing together / And it’s going well / And maybe we’ll go back / To cryosleep, who can tell?
I guess there is no one to blame / We’re splicing genes (splicing genes) / Will things ever be the same again?
It’s the final outpost / Da da daaa daaa / Da da da da daaa / The final outpost.

[Image: 0vgPQ3.png] * [Image: 202485.png][Image: 1019930.png] * [Image: 1AzEq3.png] * [Image: CCTml3.png] * [Image: MiqGl3.png] * [Image: FPIOg3.png]
I did some wondering, and I see what would cause problems/confusion.

These ones to me are very close or are monochrome:

[Image: FNNOH.png][Image: H3qBR.png][Image: 51ZDw.png][Image: xNfRX.png][Image: v7Vvf.png][Image: 9DEGF.png]

I'd put these into closely monochrome (including most of my creatures in the sheet):

[Image: jT6ph.png] (Body looks grayish)

[Image: BeB1f.png] (orange body, yellow mane)

[Image: ZDq9V.png] (spots seems a bit off, not too noticeable)

[Image: xHNx7.png] (horn)

[Image: 5BvgS.png] (bigger spots)

[Image: OXB3M.png] (Dark purple body, red scales. Not too noticeable)

[Image: 3arQo.png] (Gray body, dark blue mane)

While some others I'd consider weakly monochrome or consist of more than one dominating color:

[Image: UYWim.png] belly is blue, and the scales are black, both different from the wings, it's mostly due to the belly.

[Image: 5EP1E.png] (green and orange/blueish)

[Image: vAIrS.png] (it's gray and white, but the cyan horns stand out)

[Image: jHOhk.png]

[Image: 6zzTA.png] (basically spots so large it seems like it has 2 colors)

[Image: tbGcU.png] (same case)

With these in mind, should I probably make monochrome levels for each creature and add them accordingly, or the levels aren't necessary and I add the creatures that are monochrome and look close to one?
Saltanta! <3
I think this snake is the only monochrome I have lolol

[Image: Qkety.png]

Not sure about these guys...

[Image: gC2FS.png]

[Image: erGBu.png]

[Image: 3oHq8.png]

[Image: Glhhy.png]
[Image: 0g6bq1.png][Image: 6yFqR1.png][Image: KnDxV1.png][Image: 6a1Q01.png][Image: cdetu1.png][Image: RfVmI1.png]
[Image: WLQ55.png]

I think this stranga is monochrome? as strangas go, anyway.
[Image: pKkZC.png] Mutant and Proud![Image: nYHzT.png]
tumblr | ao3 
If the markings matched the wing, I would say that Sciuro was monochrome, but not with the gold markings.