• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Upcoming Migration
Thank you for the information.
[Image: z5sx43.png][Image: tF5vL3.png][Image: XTSIa3.png][Image: Ccf3w3.png]
Thank you Kindly, for any clicks to my Capsules and Adults
I click ALL on the page, at least. Sometimes I click many pages and Profiles.
 [Image: 8Jhlw3.png][Image: y2kG23.png][Image: jtPsw3.png]
If you can read this, you're connected to the migrated server, congrats!

There are some definite issues here that we'll need to address in the coming days.

For one, there will be random things that slow down to a crawl, because we have slightly fewer compute resources (more of pretty much all other resources, mind) and the old site code has some unfortunate choices here and there, not all of which we know off-hand. This is going to be pretty annoying. We apologise for that, we'll have to work our way through that by trial and error and hope we're not all asleep when it's first reported. (Edit: Discussion thread,)

For two, minor weird bugs exist in various places. One we know of is that the forum doesn't seem to know how to set forums as read - the threads are fine, but for some reason the forum marker stays unread. The code that's failing here is not giving us any errors to work with, so this might take a while to resolve. (Edit: Discussion thread.) (Resolved.)

If you find further bugs that seem obviously related to the migration, consider posting them into Support and Help for the moment (or even in this thread if you like), because threads you make in Bugs will not be visible to anyone else, so we'll probably get twenty reports of the same thing. Now that things are stable again, Bugs is the right place to post bugs again! Thank you to everyone reporting bugs, be it immediately after the migration or otherwise. :)

And thanks for your patience!
pinkgothic @ schlaugh | The Final Outpost
I am the right person to complain to about NEMO's Ark (The Final Outpost clicksite)
Typically available in #dataclaw on irc.darkmyst.org (as Dread, Valcen or Taika{Work})
[ pronouns: ve/vis/ver - but not picky, use what you like! ]
[Image: hKUxm3.png]
(Sorry for the spam at the top of the forum at the moment, I am in the process of trying to get the forum to tell me what's wrong.) Well, that was a waste of time. Sorry for the added downtime and, more so, that it didn't fix the mark-as-read bug.

Further updates regarding the mark-as-read issue will be in this thread. Resolved!
I am the right person to complain to about NEMO's Ark (The Final Outpost clicksite)
Typically available in #dataclaw on irc.darkmyst.org (as Dread, Valcen or Taika{Work})
Heres to hoping it all goes smoothly!
+゚*。:゚+ .Any clicks given are very appreciated!+゚*。:゚+ .
+゚*。:゚+ .+゚*。:゚+ .+゚*。:゚+ .+゚*。:゚+ .+゚*。:゚+ .+゚*。:゚+ .
[Image: Halo--Cat.png]
happy, to see my pets again :-) - thanks!
regards, lamel

[Image: 8lDfr3.png][Image: gffDA3.png][Image: xgdtg3.png][Image: vIKL03.png][Image: SJOU03.png][Image: oyXwz3.png][Image: IlGkl3.png][Image: cdANe3.png][Image: ziCRu3.png]
I noticed the delete button for posts has disappeared for me. Did it get lost during the move?
(02-23-2023, 07:54 PM)Cryptic Cryptic Wrote: I noticed the delete button for posts has disappeared for me. Did it get lost during the move?

Hmm. Shouldn't have (you're in the "Registered" user group, which has a checkbox next to "Can delete own posts?"), but we did upgrade the forum software, so it might look different.

Also possibly worth noting: Thread and post deletion are two separate things (this separation might be new, I'm not sure off-hand how it was before), so if you're trying to delete a thread, it would presumably not give you a button for that.

(Apologies for the vague, wishy-washy answer, this is tricky to verify, since I've got elevated privileges on the forum and thus a glut of buttons on every message with no indicator which of those would be seen by a normal user. Happy to dig into this further in a couple of days if this observation doesn't help, though!)
No worries about the wishy-washy! The button I'm referring to use to be between the edit and reply buttons at the bottom of a post.