• 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Spooky season is upon us!
The new creatures are so cute!! I'm so excited to see what they'll grow into.
Thank you! xD
[Image: sXQOD3.png] Happy Poultrygeist!  [Image: 9H7Hx3.png]
I finally got the badge! I'm very happy :) And the creatures are fantastic!!

I don't know why there is no indication on how to get the badge, it's something important for me as I don't want to miss any and I would be less worried if it was written, but I would understand if the idea is to keep the surprise for everyone! So, is it a rule to not say or talk about how to obtain the badge?

I'm not sure and I could be wrong, but I have a hint that I want to write for people like me that feel better when knowing what to do. Is it allowed to talk about my experience getting the badge? :)
[Image: coacp3.png]
« Pas de patience, pas de science. »
The plan was to let people figure it out themselves, we are supposed to be scientists after all. Now that it is known because there is a number of people who already obtained the badge it is ok to say, it is even pinned in the relevant channel in the discord server.
For those who want to know just highlight the next bit of text to see how to obtain the badge: The badge is awarded at 25,000 cumulative points gained by playing the game. (end spoiler)
Thank you so much! :) And thanks for the explanation, I will know for the next event!

I really enjoyed the event, congrats to everyone that has worked on it!
[Image: coacp3.png]
« Pas de patience, pas de science. »
I'm really enjoying the event as well!! The new animals and the mini game have been hugely entertaining. As some other users have noted, it would've been nice to have just a little more explanation of the purpose of the game. I didn't know if I was playing for points in one game or points total. But after some practice, I figured it out! And I think that discovery felt very in line with being a scientist, and now that I'm prepared for it, I'll look forward to it in the future!

Additional props to whoever is writing the quests. Those headers have me cracking up!!
The event overall is nice, but I do have to inquire why the score for receiving the badge is what it is.
It seems a bit high, and sitting for long stretches of time to rack up that number feels more tedious than anything else.
That being stated, I do also acknowledge all the effort put in, and I do enjoy the fossil theme.

*Editing to add- the controls have been quite frustrating, at least for me. Using a mouse is agonizingly slow, and when using keys, the page will always eventually scroll down to the bottom, resulting in failure to complete a round. I don't know if this is a bug issue, or simply a problem with my laptop.
[Image: dgWyC.png]
――――――――――
  RISE AND REIGN. 
(11-04-2022, 11:09 AM)Lothbrok Wrote: The event overall is nice, but I do have to inquire why the score for receiving the badge is what it is.
It seems a bit high, and sitting for long stretches of time to rack up that number feels more tedious than anything else.
That being stated, I do also acknowledge all the effort put in, and I do enjoy the fossil theme.

*Editing to add- the controls have been quite frustrating, at least for me. Using a mouse is agonizingly slow, and when using keys, the page will always eventually scroll down to the bottom, resulting in failure to complete a round. I don't know if this is a bug issue, or simply a problem with my laptop.
The game is available for 14 days. That means ~1800 points a day which amounts to about 4 games at less than 2 minutes each (closer to 1 minute actually according to the games I timed). All in all with a bit of luck the badge can be gotten in about an hour. There is no need to sit for long stretches of time, you´ll get the same badge in a weeks time as you would by gaining all points in a day.

That your controls seem to be acting up is a bit weird and I can imagine that to be frustrating. The effect you describe has not happened to any of us during our playtesting. Have you tried a different browser maybe? If the problem persists I would suggest making a bug report including your operating system and browser so we can try to replicate it.
I'm obsessed with all the fantastic antler variations on the Gudra Kornaro. Can't wait to unlock them in the lab notes!
We’re playing together / And it’s going well / And maybe we’ll go back / To cryosleep, who can tell?
I guess there is no one to blame / We’re splicing genes (splicing genes) / Will things ever be the same again?
It’s the final outpost / Da da daaa daaa / Da da da da daaa / The final outpost.

[Image: 0vgPQ3.png] * [Image: 202485.png][Image: 1019930.png] * [Image: 1AzEq3.png] * [Image: CCTml3.png] * [Image: MiqGl3.png] * [Image: FPIOg3.png]
(11-04-2022, 02:59 PM)Virida Wrote:
(11-04-2022, 11:09 AM)Lothbrok Wrote: The event overall is nice, but I do have to inquire why the score for receiving the badge is what it is.

The game is available for 14 days. That means ~1800 points a day which amounts to about 4 games at less than 2 minutes each (closer to 1 minute actually according to the games I timed). All in all with a bit of luck the badge can be gotten in about an hour. There is no need to sit for long stretches of time, you´ll get the same badge in a weeks time as you would by gaining all points in a day.

That your controls seem to be acting up is a bit weird and I can imagine that to be frustrating. The effect you describe has not happened to any of us during our playtesting. Have you tried a different browser maybe? If the problem persists I would suggest making a bug report including your operating system and browser so we can try to replicate it.

I have tried a different browser, and have still run into the issue, albeit less frequently. I DO have a damaged keyboard, and so I've assumed that may be the issue. Especially since nobody else has reported a similar/the same problem. (I honestly thought my arrow keys were unaffected, but perhaps not.) Regardless, I appreciate the response.
[Image: dgWyC.png]
――――――――――
  RISE AND REIGN.