• 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Lab Notes 3.0
Wow this new update is amazing! Especially the artwork!! Awesome job RWyvern!!
I am curious though, where'd the top ten donor list poof off to?
This kind of positivity is awesome to see! Makes the last few months of work making those studies all worth it <3 they’re probably not gonna be the last, either
(01-26-2022, 10:39 AM)Argentleif Wrote: Wow this new update is amazing! Especially the artwork!! Awesome job RWyvern!!

The Top 10 Donors lists are still there but some pets don't have it because it was not a thing when they were released.

I love this Update, the artwork is so good, and the ability to save goals is a great idea. Great job guys. <3
(01-26-2022, 03:45 PM)Evelyan Wrote:
(01-26-2022, 10:39 AM)Argentleif Wrote: Wow this new update is amazing! Especially the artwork!! Awesome job RWyvern!!

The Top 10 Donors lists are still there but some pets don't have it because it was not a thing when they were released.

I love this Update, the artwork is so good, and the ability to save goals is a great idea. Great job guys. <3

previously it wasn't there for any species with this update, but it has been added back now. ^^
 Always remember to smile.
~
Lab || Den || Scroll || Lair 
(01-26-2022, 09:35 AM)Virida Wrote:
(01-25-2022, 11:04 PM)BlueLatios Wrote: Maybe it's just me, but as I work with LATI in managing my creatures, I know that breeding chances for specific color combos tend to go quite low, and if a specific gender is required, I feel that it would be painful to know you managed to get the right genes at last but lost the 50-50 in gender. But also, what about partial genes like ones in Ebena Kurantos? I feel that it would be useful to an extent for species like Glacia Alsaltos even though the Fire gene is hidden, but would be tedious to track research goal for species like Ebena Kurantos with lots of genes that usually remain hidden (e.g. only 24 out of 27 possible gene combos for Horns are "no horns", and that's just the Horns gene). I feel that for them, grouping the genes into a category such as "no horns" to represent all 24 genes would be better instead of making 24 different research goals, for example.

Glad to know refactoring is still being done, and keep up the good work to everyone involved, they're all awesome!  My favorite is the routing part, it is blessed even though I do not go to Creature Notes often.

If you have a creature with the right genes but the wrong gender, it will still indicate that a matching creature has been obtained by giving it a yellow highlighting and showing it as a partial match.

I tested those things a bit to see that they work as so, but perhaps it's my poor way to communicate and highlight points. My main critique on the new goals feature is that it may not work for some species if you don't want all the genes to be the very exact same.
How would you find research goals for just a maneless blue Ebena Kuranto?

https://finaloutpost.net/labnotes/resear...AIdKMMj6aE

https://finaloutpost.net/labnotes/resear...ceUjg3j5Ai
https://finaloutpost.net/labnotes/resear...C4nQjsbUGa

From those 3 example research goals, appearance-wise they all show the same sprite. But just one different hidden gene would result in no matches at all, which I wish was a partial match instead.
Example visualization:

Genes: Body:aaBBcc, Marking:aaBbCC, Feet:AaBBCC, Pinto:aaBBCC, Leopard:AaBbCc, Face:AAbbCc, Mane:aabbcc, Horns:aabbCc, Wings:AABbcc

will not match with

Genes: Body:aaBBcc, Marking:aaBBCc, Feet:AABBCC, Pinto:AABBCc, Leopard:AABBCc, Face:AABBCC, Mane:aabbcc, Horns:AABBCC, Wings:AABBCC

even though they both show the same, or even

Genes: Body:aaBBcc, Marking:AABBCC, Feet:AABBCC, Pinto:AABBCc, Leopard:AABBCc, Face:AABBCC, Mane:aabbcc, Horns:AABBCC, Wings:AABBCC

where every other gene is different except for Body and Mane.
Saltanta! <3
(01-26-2022, 11:23 PM)BlueLatios Wrote: I tested those things a bit to see that they work as so, but perhaps it's my poor way to communicate and highlight points. My main critique on the new goals feature is that it may not work for some species if you don't want all the genes to be the very exact same.
How would you find research goals for just a maneless blue Ebena Kuranto?

https://finaloutpost.net/labnotes/resear...AIdKMMj6aE

https://finaloutpost.net/labnotes/resear...ceUjg3j5Ai
https://finaloutpost.net/labnotes/resear...C4nQjsbUGa

From those 3 example research goals, appearance-wise they all show the same sprite. But just one different hidden gene would result in no matches at all, which I wish was a partial match instead.
Example visualization:

Genes: Body:aaBBcc, Marking:aaBbCC, Feet:AaBBCC, Pinto:aaBBCC, Leopard:AaBbCc, Face:AAbbCc, Mane:aabbcc, Horns:aabbCc, Wings:AABbcc

will not match with

Genes: Body:aaBBcc, Marking:aaBBCc, Feet:AABBCC, Pinto:AABBCc, Leopard:AABBCc, Face:AABBCC, Mane:aabbcc, Horns:AABBCC, Wings:AABBCC

even though they both show the same, or even

Genes: Body:aaBBcc, Marking:AABBCC, Feet:AABBCC, Pinto:AABBCc, Leopard:AABBCc, Face:AABBCC, Mane:aabbcc, Horns:AABBCC, Wings:AABBCC

where every other gene is different except for Body and Mane.

I was merely addressing the point of gender which you also mentioned in your original post. Visible genes being the same for several genetic combinations is a thing that is currently not supported, since these research goals geared towards actual genes and not visual appearance, for that feel free to make a thread in the suggestions forum.
Research goals are great, thank you for the update !
[Image: coacp3.png]
« Pas de patience, pas de science. »
i did not check all, but what i see untill now is great! thanks a lot for Your work!
regards, lamel

[Image: 8lDfr3.png][Image: gffDA3.png][Image: xgdtg3.png][Image: vIKL03.png][Image: SJOU03.png][Image: oyXwz3.png][Image: IlGkl3.png][Image: cdANe3.png][Image: ziCRu3.png]
Absolutely stoked for this update! I've been storing my goals as screenshots on my desktop. I'm so excited to be able to move them onsite!
I adore the field notes and can't wait to see all the new artwork. Thanks for the hard work!
Scroll | MagiStream