The Final Outpost
New Species Discovered - Printable Version

+- The Final Outpost (https://forum.finaloutpost.net)
+-- Forum: The Final Outpost (https://forum.finaloutpost.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Announcements (https://forum.finaloutpost.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: New Species Discovered (/showthread.php?tid=941)

Pages: 1 2

New Species Discovered - Corteo - 11-20-2021

OUTPOST #1 – BULLETIN #131
PRIORITY: URGENT
PURPLOSE: ANNOUNCEMENT:
SUBJECT: NEW SPECIES DISCOVERED

Attention all scientists!

First, this is a reminder for all to be vigilant about the creatures we keep housed together, especially over long periods of time. While it may seem beneficial for resource management, there is always the chance that animals may behave differently when contained with other species. Obviously, this can potentially lead to disastrous results and should be approached with caution.

Second, as we are all aware, certain species will crossbreed when left in captivity with one another. More often than not, this simply leads to offspring that are genetically one species or the other. Up until now, we have only seen one case of true hybridization, in the Alsalto family.

However, upon returning from one of her latest expeditions, Iris Evada has discovered a new species as the result of housing two interbreedable species together. Dubbed Tonblekos, these amphibians are genetically and behaviorally dissimilar enough from their parent species to be considered something all their own. She immediately returned to the field, searching for evidence of these hybrids in the wild, and found a local colony not far from a remote estuary recently investigated by Agnes Schnani. Iris Evada is now preparing for a longer expedition to study this colony.

Since this species is so new, there is little information about them. Please do not hesitate to bring any information you learn to Iris Evada, as she has been compiling information about these creatures.

[Image: HYaG71.png][Image: IzbpQ1.png]

RE: New Species Discovered - Zeyhva - 11-20-2021

EXCITEMENT.

RE: New Species Discovered - Shark - 11-20-2021

HYYYYYYYYPE I'M SO EXCITED FOR THESE GUYS!!!!!

RE: New Species Discovered - Granitore - 11-20-2021

Ahhh, new creature hype !!!

RE: New Species Discovered - dustpuppy - 11-20-2021

More frogs! Yay! And yes, more hybrids! :D

RE: New Species Discovered - AMPratt - 11-20-2021

Right on!

RE: New Species Discovered - TheWildOne - 11-21-2021

So it says they found a colony in the wild. Does that mean we'll get G1s of them too?!

RE: New Species Discovered - Virida - 11-21-2021

(11-21-2021, 04:39 PM)TheWildOne Wrote: So it says they found a colony in the wild. Does that mean we'll get G1s of them too?!
As far as I am aware that is not planned, no.

RE: New Species Discovered - Thaliel - 11-22-2021

I wonder which creatures you need to breed to get these

RE: New Species Discovered - nilihism - 11-22-2021

(11-22-2021, 07:01 AM)Thaliel Wrote: I wonder which creatures you need to breed to get these
ranblekos and glublekos :)