The Final Outpost
SPOILERS || Quest support - Printable Version

+- The Final Outpost (https://forum.finaloutpost.net)
+-- Forum: The Final Outpost (https://forum.finaloutpost.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Site Discussion (https://forum.finaloutpost.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: SPOILERS || Quest support (/showthread.php?tid=663)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

RE: SPOILERS || Quest support - Virida - 06-12-2023

(05-20-2023, 08:46 PM)Fawning0verU Wrote: For the quest "Maybe now's a good time to check in on the newest member of Outpost One..." and "Spring is here, and you’re feeling a bit restless…" It references another AI Osa (i think that was their name) and visiting Outpost 3. I haven't seen nor know about Outpost 3 past the message decrypting. Have I missed something? I'm rather confused.

Yeah that is sadly currently a problem that will be addressed in the site recode where the quest system will be updated a bit. Here are summaries for the quest parts you missed (they can all also be found on discord):

HW21 questline:
Communications with outpost 3 have been established and you volunteer to be the first to visit, together with Robert. Upon arrival you quickly realise that outpost 3 is nothing like outpost 1. The only person willing to talk to you is Carol Pethe, the head scientist who also sent the initial message. She shows nothing but disdain for Robert and during a visit to their communications room you see evidence that their outpost might have dismantled their own ash-unit. Robert investigates and indeed finds the damaged android hidden in an unused lab. He also finds evidence of extensive damage to the factory level of outpost 3. You sent Robert back to outpost 1 to report because you both feel it is not safe for the android to stay. You remain and help Carol with some experiments.

Solstice 21 questline:
A severe storm caused you to be stuck in outpost 3 for far longer than you feel comfortable with and you are glad to be back home. After some light-hearted fun involving an intense snowball fight and lovely warm beverages and cookies, Robert approaches you regarding a rescue operation for the AI in outpost 3, dubbed Oxa. Packing a load of presents and Solstice cheer into an ECV Sherman and you set out to return to outpost 3. While Sherman distracts the scientists in the cafeteria, you manage to find Oxa and hide them in the ECV and manage to bring them safely back to outpost 1 where the other androids help repair the damage done by Carol and her people.

RE: SPOILERS || Quest support - Queenofdragons6 - 06-24-2023

Would I be correct in assuming that if we complete a quest without having gotten all the rewards, then said rewards are permanently lost and we can't get them from replaying the quest later?
(I'm still dismayed about that Stranga Sciuro adult.)

RE: SPOILERS || Quest support - Virida - 06-25-2023

(06-24-2023, 06:07 AM)Queenofdragons6 Wrote: Would I be correct in assuming that if we complete a quest without having gotten all the rewards, then said rewards are permanently lost and we can't get them from replaying the quest later?

You are correct, yes. Canon lore wise, replaying the quest is just a "simulation" so you cannot get any rewards from it.
You can however be sure that any optional rewards that can be missed will never be exclusive to the quests and can always be gotten through regular gameplay

RE: SPOILERS || Quest support - Lothaire - 08-01-2023

Hello,

For the quest N°5 > "It’s just another day in the outpost…"

I need a password, but I just don't understand it??
I already looked for the solution here or on wiki but even with the solution I do not understand (and it doesn't seem to work either).

CAROLBDEFGHIJKMNPQSTUVWXYZ
CAROLMNPQSTUVWXYZBDEFGHIJK

None of them seems to work

RE: SPOILERS || Quest support - Virida - 08-02-2023

(08-01-2023, 02:19 PM)Lothaire Wrote: Hello,

For the quest N°5 > "It’s just another day in the outpost…"

I need a password, but I just don't understand it??
I already looked for the solution here or on wiki but even with the solution I do not understand (and it doesn't seem to work either).

CAROLBDEFGHIJKMNPQSTUVWXYZ
CAROLMNPQSTUVWXYZBDEFGHIJK

None of them seems to work

That is the cypher you then use to translate the message you got from the other outpost, not the solution. Each letter in the cypher corresponds to a letter in the regular alphabet. So C in the message = A in the decoded message, A in the message = B in the decoded message and so on.
So if the text you have was "PLUUX" that would translate to "Hello"

RE: SPOILERS || Quest support - Lover13 - 11-30-2023

Hey there, I've got a question! I joined October this year, but then wasn't active for a bit. My quest page says I don't have any new quests right now, but looking back over my quest archive, there are quests I haven't done? Where they only available for a while, (like when I was inactive,) and then time out?

RE: SPOILERS || Quest support - Virida - 12-03-2023

(11-30-2023, 08:35 PM)Lover13 Wrote: Hey there, I've got a question! I joined October this year, but then wasn't active for a bit. My quest page says I don't have any new quests right now, but looking back over my quest archive, there are quests I haven't done? Where they only available for a while, (like when I was inactive,) and then time out?
I would have to see the titles of the quests to say for sure but I assume those are the holiday quests, yes. Usually during events there are short questlines that are only active as long as that event is happening. Eventually all of them will be available in the quest replay feature but that will have to wait until the recode goes live

RE: SPOILERS || Quest support - AmeEgaree - 01-04-2024

(06-25-2023, 01:17 PM)Virida Wrote:
(06-24-2023, 06:07 AM)Queenofdragons6 Wrote: Would I be correct in assuming that if we complete a quest without having gotten all the rewards, then said rewards are permanently lost and we can't get them from replaying the quest later?

You are correct, yes. Canon lore wise, replaying the quest is just a "simulation" so you cannot get any rewards from it.
You can however be sure that any optional rewards that can be missed will never be exclusive to the quests and can always be gotten through regular gameplay

Is this quest broken? It showed me an adult at the end of it but it’s no where to be found on my account.

RE: SPOILERS || Quest support - pinkgothic - 01-05-2024

(01-04-2024, 11:49 PM)AmeEgaree Wrote: Is this quest broken? It showed me an adult at the end of it but it’s no where to be found on my account.

This might be a caching issue. I assume you mean this fellow, she's definitely yours (gorgeous, by the way!) and in your default tab, but I do see that it's not showing that. Try naming/unnaming something in your default tab and see if she appears then? If not, something stranger is going on.

RE: SPOILERS || Quest support - AmeEgaree - 01-05-2024

(01-05-2024, 12:11 AM)pinkgothic Wrote:
(01-04-2024, 11:49 PM)AmeEgaree Wrote: Is this quest broken? It showed me an adult at the end of it but it’s no where to be found on my account.

This might be a caching issue. I assume you mean this fellow, she's definitely yours (gorgeous, by the way!) and in your default tab, but I do see that it's not showing that. Try naming/unnaming something in your default tab and see if she appears then? If not, something stranger is going on.

Re naming worked. Thank you OTL I was digging through every tab like I know it gave me a white mouse thing what is happening.