The Final Outpost
SPOILERS || Quest support - Printable Version

+- The Final Outpost (https://forum.finaloutpost.net)
+-- Forum: The Final Outpost (https://forum.finaloutpost.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Site Discussion (https://forum.finaloutpost.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: SPOILERS || Quest support (/showthread.php?tid=663)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

SPOILERS || Quest support - Corteo - 03-09-2021

In this thread you can ask for help with various quests and other users can offer support.  Hopefully this will help as main topic threads are closed down and can serve as a future reference for other users.

There is a short "FAQ" with some spoilered hints here

RE: SPOILERS || Quest support - Kiwiana - 03-09-2021

Cool idea, thank you :D

Seeking help for "A New Adventure Awaits"

I am stuck as no new ways open for me, I keep checking the same rooms over and over again lol. Have 4 items in my inventory and am supposed to take one to the power room to check on it, but when I am there I have no options to do anything. Have hitchhiker, piscinebabbler, 6X7 and 42 for clues (tried all those for passwords, but only the first worked), that's all. Not even a fish to say thank you for XD
Was thinking if it just has to do with the book? But that would be too hard for those that didnt read it^^

(I have not found the password yet nor have I come to that enscrypting puzzle)

RE: SPOILERS || Quest support - Virida - 03-09-2021

(03-09-2021, 02:53 PM)Kiwiana Wrote: Cool idea, thank you :D

I am stuck as no new ways open for me, I keep checking the same rooms over and over again lol. Have 4 items in my inventory and am supposed to take one to the power room to check on it, but when I am there I have no options to do anything. Have hitchhiker, piscinebabbler, 6X7 and 42 for clues (tried all those for passwords, but only  the first worked), that's all. Not even a fish to say thank you for XD
Was thinking if it just has to do with the book? But that would be too hard for those that didnt read it^^

Sounds like you are stuck in one of the older quests with the dilapidated communication tower, right?
You actually have the passwords already. It is important to note that you have to enter two passwords after each other and every time you leave the room you have to re-enter the first one (that´s what stumped me at first).

Spoiler if you want to know the passwords to enter directly: (highlight to make it visible)
First password: hitchhiker, Second password: piscinebabbler

(03-09-2021, 03:29 PM)Virida Wrote:
(03-09-2021, 02:53 PM)Kiwiana Wrote: Cool idea, thank you :D

I am stuck as no new ways open for me, I keep checking the same rooms over and over again lol. Have 4 items in my inventory and am supposed to take one to the power room to check on it, but when I am there I have no options to do anything. Have hitchhiker, piscinebabbler, 6X7 and 42 for clues (tried all those for passwords, but only  the first worked), that's all. Not even a fish to say thank you for XD

Sounds like you are stuck in one of the older quests with the dilapidated communication tower, right?
You actually have the passwords already. It is important to note that you have to enter two passwords after each other and every time you leave the room you have to re-enter the first one (that´s what stumped me at first).

Spoiler if you want to know the passwords to enter directly: (highlight to make it visible)
First password: hitchhiker, Second password: piscinebabbler

Ty so much, I didn't need to highlight, cus I instantly knew after reading that we have to enter the first again, that is what I did not all the time lol. thank you!!

Phew, so I formed the code for both options, but getting weird results for both and of course both were not taken in the quest xD

1. Option: CAROLMNPQSTUVWXYZBDEFGHIJK (starting with M after CAROL)
2. Option: CAROLBDEFGHIJKMNPQSTUVWXYZ (starting with the normal Alphabet after CAROL, which is B, cus I have to skip A)

then I write ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ under it
and solve f. e. the first letter of the first part of the code PXHLGLB

1. Option P = Y
2. Option P = N

second letter would be
1. Option X = I
2. Option X = X

Is this correct so far? (I would hide it under a spoiler, but I can't find that option)

EDIT: okay, checked both closely, found a mistake in each, tried both again and again both didn't work.
Do I perhaps have to take out the comma? Or the blanks between the words?

RE: SPOILERS || Quest support - dustpuppy - 03-09-2021

(03-09-2021, 04:47 PM)Kiwiana Wrote: 1. Option: CAROLMNPQSTUVWXYZBDEFGHIJK (starting with M after CAROL)
2. Option: CAROLBDEFGHIJKMNPQSTUVWXYZ (starting with the normal Alphabet after CAROL, which is B, cus I have to skip A)

then I write ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ under it
and solve f. e. the first letter of the first part of the code PXHLGLB

1. Option P = Y
2. Option P = N

This is how I interpreted the instructions too, and didn't understand why it didn't work and why the decryption tool gave me a COMPLETELY different key. XD But a comment by LackingDragons cleared it up...

(03-07-2021, 10:01 PM)LackingDragons Wrote: [...] The letters in the coded message are the ones in the scrambled alphabet.

So in your example, it would be (if I counted right):

1. Option P = H
2. Option P = Q

argh, so it's just the other way around, but that wasn't said in the explanation, so I didn't try it o.O (was annoying enough to translate the other two lol)
thank youuu *hugs*

Edit: after sleeping over it I realized it is OF COURSE the correct way! We need to 'translate' the code into the correct alphabet, not the other way around XD My bad, was probably too tired already :p

RE: SPOILERS || Quest support - Thaliel - 03-10-2021

I only have hitchhiker and 6x7, neither doing anything to that computer, been in all rooms numerous times, I am simply too stupid for this

RE: SPOILERS || Quest support - Kiwiana - 03-10-2021

(03-10-2021, 04:26 PM)Thaliel Wrote: I only have hitchhiker and 6x7, neither doing anything to that computer, been in all rooms numerous times, I am simply too stupid for this

Nah, finding the second password is really just being in every room and reading the text. It will be mentioned in one of them. Maybe you missed a room, I myself find it always extremely hard to make sure I didn't miss a direction xD

If you get too tired trying, check above posts, they give you the second word needed^^

RE: SPOILERS || Quest support - Thaliel - 03-10-2021

finally advanced to the encrypted message, but I absolutely do not understand how I am supposed to use CAROL as a basis for decoding, this is way too confusing