The Final Outpost
A New Adventure Awaits - Printable Version

+- The Final Outpost (https://forum.finaloutpost.net)
+-- Forum: The Final Outpost (https://forum.finaloutpost.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Announcements (https://forum.finaloutpost.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: A New Adventure Awaits (/showthread.php?tid=656)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

A New Adventure Awaits - Corteo - 03-06-2021

A new adventure awaits!

On a personal aside, I know some people prefer to rush through quests to get to the end and my advice is don't take that approach with this quest.  This quest sets up the narrative for the next few months and also has a few easter eggs of upcoming things.

With this release we'd also love to welcome cabuso to the writing team!

RE: A New Adventure Awaits - BlueLatios - 03-06-2021

Ayyy more writers! But also, upcoming things :o

RE: A New Adventure Awaits - pinkgothic - 03-06-2021

Enjoyed this quest a lot! It's definitely full of more world-building than there's space in my head for TFO trivia, but that's a good thing. :D

Using this story as an excuse to share some real life trivia with people: Any decent encryption would actually make a message indistinguishable from random noise. That's one necessary feature of a good encryption algorithm! (It's also pretty obvious "a good encryption algorithm" is not what we're up against in the story, but I like sharing this info with people. :D)

Also, *drops a recipe for salmon and spinach pie into the Cookbook box* :D

RE: A New Adventure Awaits - Kiwiana - 03-06-2021

It's not showing up for me, probably because I never finished the Shady Caverns (and won't ever, since I cannot solve that puzzle lol) ?

RE: A New Adventure Awaits - dustpuppy - 03-07-2021

I'm stumped, I decoded the message correctly so the key I got seems to be correct, but I don't understand how the instructions are supposed to lead to that key... help?

RE: A New Adventure Awaits - BendyDemon - 03-07-2021

Actually I am unsure what I am supposed to do now. Am I supposed to copy and paste the weird code into the text box then send it off to Marsh?

So now I have to translate this mess? Wowzers. I stink at these things. :)

RE: A New Adventure Awaits - Dewfeather - 03-07-2021

I decoded it! Yay!

RE: A New Adventure Awaits - Mondschatten - 03-07-2021

Fiddling around with this on paper and none of the words make any sense using the instructions on the code page... I must be missing something or not making the correct connection with the key.

eta: finally got it after taking a step away to clear my head. Overthinking things as always lol

RE: A New Adventure Awaits - BendyDemon - 03-07-2021

(03-07-2021, 03:55 AM)Mondschatten Wrote: Fiddling around with this on paper and none of the words make any sense using the instructions on the code page... I must be missing something or not making the correct connection with the key.

....Code page?
I can't go backwards in the quest to get hints so this will be..tricky.

RE: A New Adventure Awaits - Thaliel - 03-07-2021

I don't have it (yet), do I need to complete all other available questes before I can see it?